Public libraries in Burlington and Ocean counties offer learning, recreation, distance education, internet connections and other resources for users — all for free. In addition, school libraries that support the curriculum and offer internet access and other resources are in most public and private schools, and academic and special libraries are found in colleges and universities. The New Jersey State Library, www.njstatelib.org, supports libraries in the state with resources, interlibrary loan and other assistance.
Residents can enjoy and make use several public libraries in Burlington and Ocean counties. Get information about services, hours and events by visiting the branches’ websites. For a full list of libraries in New Jersey, visit the New Jersey State Library website. The following public library branches are near Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst.
Burlington County Library System
5 Pioneer Blvd.
Westampton, NJ 08060 609-267-9660
Browns Mills, NJ 08015 609-893-8262
Ocean County Library
101 Washington St.
Toms River, NJ 08753 732-349-6200
Find resources to help your student achieve academic success at these websites:
- New Jersey Department of Education: www.state.nj.us/education
- New Jersey PTA: www.njpta.org
- Reading is Fundamental: www.rif.org
- U.S. Department of Education: www2.ed.gov/parents
- Military Child Education Coalition: Ensures quality educational opportunities for all military children affected by mobility, family separation and transition. Visit www.militarychild.org for information on programs and resources.
- Tutor.com:Eligible students and service members in U.S. military families around the world can work one-to-one with an expert tutor online 24/7. Get free help with homework, studying, test prep and proofreading in more than 40 subjects. Visit http://military.tutor.com.