Vehicle Registration

Last Updated :

All motorized vehicles operated aboard MCAS New River must be registered with the vehicle registration section of the provost marshal’s office. Permanent decals are issued at Building AS-187. Decals are not issued on weekends, holidays or during inclement weather.

In addition to the motor vehicle requirements, motorcyclists, regardless of age, must have in their possession an endorsed motorcycle license from their home state or the state of North Carolina and have attended a motorcycle safety course.

Vehicle Decal Requirements

Valid armed forces identification card

Valid state vehicle registration

State operator’s license

Proof of valid insurance with all operator names on policy

Valid motor vehicle inspection sticker

Notarized permission from the owner is required when the vehicle belongs to a spouse or other relative.


Military members under the age of 26 must have proof of completing a Marine Corps driver’s improvement course. For more information, call the Pass and ID office, Building AS-187, at 910-449-6354.


© 2019 - MARCOA Media