The EFMP supports military families with special medical and educational considerations. The program has three components:
- Identification and enrollment of a family member with special medical and/or educational considerations.
- Assignment coordination to determine the availability of services at the projected duty station.
- Family support to help families identify and access programs and services.
What is Family Support?
EFMP family support helps families identify and access programs and services. Family support includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- information and referral for military and community services
- education and training about issues related to the special considerations
- referral to other family support center providers
- promotion of self-advocacy
- local school and early intervention services (EIS) information
- warm handoffs to the EFMP at the next location
- non-clinical case management, including individualized services plans
Where are EFMP family support providers located?
EFMP family support providers are primarily located at installation family support centers. For families who are not located near an installation, consult your Service website for more information about accessing services or call Military OneSource at 1-800-342-9647.