Getting Settled

Last Updated :

Fallon 2018-Getting Settled


Naval Branch Health Clinic Fallon
4755 Pasture Road
Appointments 775-426-3125
Dental 775-426-2811
Health Benefits Adviser 775-426-3181
Prescription Refill 888-253-1832 

Naval Branch Health Clinic Fallon provides outpatient medical and dental care to eligible beneficiaries assigned to, and within a 30-mile radius of, NAS Fallon. Drive-time waivers are encouraged up to 99 miles. Services include family medicine, active-duty general dentistry, laboratory, pharmacy, immunizations, X-ray services, and occupational and preventive health. Fallon is a remote location with limited medical and dental service.

Dental care services are available to active-duty military only. Family members of active-duty personnel are encouraged to use the TRICARE Dental Program. Information about the TRICARE Dental Program can be obtained by visiting


TRICARE is the health care program for active-duty and retired service members, their families and survivors. TRICARE provides health plans, prescriptions, dental plans and other special health programs to its beneficiaries. TRICARE’s mission is to enhance the Department of Defense and the nation’s security by providing health support for the full range of military operations and sustaining the health of all those entrusted to their care.

TRICARE offers a range of health care plans. TRICARE Prime is the mandatory health care option for active-duty service members. Family members of active-duty service members, retired service members and their families may also use this option. If you use TRICARE Prime, you are assigned a primary care manager at a military or network provider who delivers most of your care. If you need care your PCM cannot provide, you are referred to a specialist. Active-duty service members and their families pay nothing out of pocket for this option; however, there is less freedom to choose your provider. On Jan. 1, 2018, TRICARE Standard and Extra were combined into a new plan, TRICARE Select. Select is a standardized fee-for-service plan available to family members of active-duty service members, retired service members and their families. After you enroll in TRICARE Select, you may schedule an appointment with any TRICARE-authorized provider. Referrals are not required, but you may need prior authorization from your regional contractor for some services. You will pay a copay or cost share based on the type of care and provider you see. Costs for Select vary, but you will pay an annual deductible as well as a percentage of covered services. Non-network providers may charge up to 15 percent more than the TRICARE allowable charge; you are responsible for these extra charges. TRICARE also offers plans for remote and overseas locations, reserve military members, young adults who are no longer covered under regular TRICARE coverage and other scenarios.

TRICARE coverage is completely portable, so it moves with you when you relocate. Follow these simple steps to ensure you have no break in coverage when you move:

  • Do not cancel your TRICARE Prime enrollment option before you move.
  • Update your personal information in DEERS immediately when you arrive at your new location.
  • Select a new primary care manager.

If you are already using TRICARE Select, moving is easy. When you arrive at your new location, update your personal information in DEERS. Then find TRICARE-authorized providers in your new area. Remember, you may have a new regional contractor and claims filing address.

TRICARE’s online tools can help you find and compare plans that you are qualified to use. Beginning in 2019, however, TRICARE will allow you to switch between plans only if you have a “qualifying life event” such as the birth of a baby or a move. For a complete description of the types of coverage programs and regions, visit For more information about recent changes to TRICARE, visit


Housing Service Center
4755 Pasture Road, Building 309

NAS Fallon’s Housing Service Center is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you. When you arrive at NAS Fallon, visit the Housing Service Center to receive invaluable information, counseling and guidance prior to entering into a written lease or rental/sales contract for housing.

Unaccompanied Housing

Building 107

Unaccompanied housing is provided for unaccompanied personnel in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than three years of service. Senior personnel may, under certain circumstances, be eligible to live in UH though most choose to live in the local community. Accommodations are based on the service member’s status and rank. Generally, all service members have their own bedroom with a shared common area, which includes a full kitchen and bathroom. Building 354 serves as the check-in point. Linen is provided at check-in.

Lincoln Military Housing
1000 Cottonwood Drive

At NAS Fallon, military family housing is privatized. In addition to your option of purchasing or renting housing in the local community, you may choose to live in privatized housing by signing a tenant lease agreement with Lincoln Military Housing, which owns the family housing and is responsible for constructing, managing, maintaining and repairing it.

For comprehensive information about homes and amenities in the NAS Fallon privatized housing community, visit the Lincoln Military Housing website.


Mail Room
Building 350

Mail en route should be forwarded to:
Your name
Mail Room, Building 350
NAS Fallon, NV 89496


All Fallon housing communities operated by Lincoln Military Housing allow pets, but pets must be registered with the housing office, and owners must post a security deposit and follow community policies on their number of pets, weight and breed restrictions, and care.


NAS Fallon Chapel
Building 351

The chaplain and Religious Program specialist team facilitate the free exercise of religion for members of the armed forces and their families. A variety of services is available, including providing and facilitating religious ministries, pastoral care and counseling, workspace visitation, administering sacraments, community services, training and ceremonial support. For information on worship times and other programs, call the chapel.


It is mandatory that vehicles be registered on base within 45 days of arrival. To register your vehicle with NAS Fallon, visit the Pass and Decal Office located just inside the base housing gate (775-426-2808). All privately owned vehicles on base must be insured, and a current license plate is required. Nevada state traffic laws apply on base; see the Getting To & Around Churchill County chapter on Page 17 for more information. All vehicles entering or leaving base are subject to search.


© 2020 - MARCOA Media