By Marine Corps Installations Command Communication Strategy and Operations
WASHINGTON Marine Corps installations along the east coast are working their way to be operational after the passing of Hurricane Dorian this week.
Dorian passed the areas of Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, and MCAS New River this morning.
Commanders of MCAS Beaufort, Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island and Marine Corps Support Facility Blount Island terminated their evacuation orders after Dorian passed their area earlier this week and are conducting recovery operations.
"I am thankful for the dedication and perseverance by the teams at our installations and their partners working together to respond and recover from Hurricane Dorian," said Marine Corps Installations Command Commander Maj. Gen. Edward Banta.
Each installation is conducting recovery operations to include but not limited to: personnel safely returning back to the installation, removing debris, damage assessments, restoring power to homes and installation facilities, continuing Marine Corps Community Services programs, project management and public works teams across the impacted locations.
Initial damage assessments are minimal, but installations will need to complete a full damage assessment to see how Dorian impacted their area.
"Marines, sailors and their families are resilient, and MCICOM is committed to ensuring effective and efficient recovery actions following Hurricane Dorian," said Maj. Gen. Banta. "I am proud of the collaboration and efforts of our east coast installation commanders in ensuring the safety and well-being of our community."
It is advised for personnel and families to visit the following websites for up-to-date information respective to the following installations:
MCB Camp Lejeune
- Official website: https://www.lejeune.marines.mil
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/camp.lejeune
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/camp_lejeune
MCAS Cherry Point
- Official website: https://www.cherrypoint.marines.mil
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MCASCherryPoint
MCAS New River
- Official website: https://www.facebook.com/mcasnewriver
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MCASNewRiver
- Official website: https://www.beaufort.marines.mil
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MCASBeaufort/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MCASBeaufortSC
MCSF Blount Island
- Official website: https://www.bic.marines.mil
For coverage of the Marine Corps' overall response to Hurricane Dorian, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marine Corps installations begin recovery operations after Hurricane Dorian
Marine Corps installations begin recovery operations after Hurricane Dorian
Last Updated : 9/6/2019MCAS BEAUFORT Editor