Joint Base Elmendorf – Richardson Community

Joint Base Elmendorf – Richardson
Money Matters – Financial Offices

Money Matters – Financial Offices

Coins falling out of hands - Money Matters, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, JBER


While you are stationed at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, a military finance office is available to assist you in resolving most of your financial arrangements during inprocessing.

The Defense Military Pay Office-Richardson handles all pay accounts for Soldiers. The DMPO-Richardson Finance Office is in Bldg. 600; telephone 907-384-1172. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a break for lunch.

The Department of Defense authorizes a cost-of-living allowance for all Soldiers stationed in Alaska. The amount of COLA service members draw depends on their rank, years of service, duty location, barracks or nonbarracks residency, and the number of command-sponsored family members. For more information, see

Arriving Army service members’ inprocessing: The finance office will need copies of orders; DA Form 31 leave form; if parachute training has just been completed, a copy of the jump orders and jump log from Fort Benning, Georgia; vehicle shipping documents if applicable; ferry tickets if not paid for by the government; and TLE receipts.

Departing Army service members will need to provide the outprocessing office (Room 105) with three copies of orders, three copies of the leave form, and if receiving parachute pay, a closed-out jump log.


Visit the finance office at 8517 20th St. for military pay and travel issues and civilian travel issues. Customer service hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday except on every third Thursday of the month, when the office closes at noon for training.

Travel on the Alaska Marine Highway System may be authorized. Please check with your local finance or the JTR for current entitlements. Military members moving to Alaska are usually authorized to ship only one vehicle. Therefore, you can ship one vehicle and you and your dependents may drive an additional vehicle, or you may drive two vehicles on the Alaska Highway or the Alaska Marine Highway System if you do not ship a vehicle. Travel on the Alaska Marine Highway ferry requires you to travel with your vehicle to receive government reimbursement. If you do not travel with your vehicle, it is considered a vehicle shipment and you will NOT be reimbursed.

Military members must file their voucher during their military personnel inprocessing briefing upon arrival. Inprocessing briefings are held at 9 a.m. every Tuesday and Thursday in the People Center, Room 118. Civilians arriving on station should schedule an appointment with the finance office to assist in filing a travel voucher. Please keep in mind that travel entitlements can change, so check the Joint Travel Regulation for current information.

All manual travel vouchers (non-DTS vouchers) are sent to the Air Force Financial Services Center at Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota, for final processing. This affects all non-DTS travel vouchers, such as PCS, COT and dependent travel reimbursement vouchers. For more details, call the customer service desk at 907-552-9940 or email

Related Posts
21 of the Best Restaurants in MCB Quantico, VA21 of the Best Restaurants in MCB Quantico, VA
Introduction Whenever you move to a new place, one of the first questions you have tends to be…
The Best Buckley AFB Schools: Daycare - High SchoolThe Best Buckley AFB Schools: Daycare - High School
Introduction So you’ve just been assigned to Buckley Air Force Base. There’s a ton of things for you…
National Guard Birthday: Celebrating Those Always Ready, Always ThereNational Guard Birthday: Celebrating Those Always Ready, Always There
Introduction The US National Guard is an essential and storied branch of the United States military apparatus. Many…