NB Kitsap Community

NB Kitsap
American Red Cross

American Red Cross

KITSAP American Red Cross


The American Red Cross Emergency Services is there to reach your family in times of emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For service members assigned to CONUS, Alaska or Hawaii military installations, call toll free at 877-272-7337.

The American Red Cross Bremerton office is at 360-377-3761, www.redcross.org/wa/seattle. The American Red Cross is there for you to help prevent, prepare for and cope with emergencies. It’s a fact of military life — families are frequently separated due to deployments and relocation. No matter how strong the family ties, moves and separations often put a strain on relationships. ARC can help with immediate personal and family concerns. All Red Cross social services are provided free of charge.

Emergency Communication

In the event of an actual emergency, critical accident, illness or death in a service member’s immediate family, the Red Cross should be called at once. The Red Cross is equipped to verify the situation and relay an emergency leave request, if necessary, to proper military authorities. The Red Cross is here to assist in case of emergencies 24 hours a day. The American Red Cross provides many services that focus on health, safety and community services for military families. The following are classes offered (please call the office for updated class schedule and costs): baby-sitting training, family caregiving, adult CPR with first aid, standard first aid review, standard first aid with infant and child CPR, adult CPR, infant and child CPR, first aid/CPR/AED instructor, fundamentals of instructor training and pet first aid for dogs and cats.

Naval Hospital Bremerton’s partnership with the American Red Cross represents its commitment to providing the community with vital services and the NHB American Red Cross office is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. There are approximately 55 ARC volunteers who donate their time and effort as part of the NHB team on a regular basis. For those interested in volunteer work and for more information, please call 475-4341.

Related Posts
military food stampsmilitary food stamps
Military food stamps have provided a lot of people with financial assistance when it comes to purchasing food…
tricare young adulttricare young adult
Managed by the Defense Health Agency, TRICARE Young Adult is a health care plan for adult children once…
army emergency reliefarmy emergency relief
Did you know that the Army has a nonprofit organization called Army Emergency Relief (AER)? No? Well, let…