Presidio of Monterey Community
Army Community Service
Army Community Service is the primary resource agency for developing, coordinating and delivering service member and family social services that contribute to overall morale and welfare. The staff at ACS believes that seeking support, information and education is a sign of family strength rather than an indication of difficulty.
The agency is in Building 4260, General Stilwell Community Center, Ord Military Community. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 1 to 5 p.m. Friday. For more information, call 831-242-7660.
ARMY COMMUNITY SERVICE PROGRAMS
Army Emergency Relief
Army Emergency Relief provides emergency financial assistance to service members, active and retired, and their family members, plus widows and orphans of deceased Soldiers. The assistance is provided in the form of interest-free loans, grants or a combination of both. Although AER is a private nonprofit organization, its sole mission is to help service members and their eligible family members who are experiencing financial emergencies.
AER is the Army’s emergency financial assistance organization and is dedicated to “helping the Army take care of its own.”
AER provides commanders valuable assistance in accomplishing their basic command responsibility for the morale and welfare of Soldiers.
AER funds are made available to commanders to provide emergency financial assistance to service members, active and retired, as well as their widow(er)s and eligible family members when there is a valid financial emergency.
AER assists members from other services. AER also processes applications for educational assistance for members of military families.
Army Family Action Plan
The Army Family Action Plan provides forums and conferences for Soldiers and family members to communicate with leadership.
Armed Forces Team Building
• Classes for military and spouses.
• Improves personal and family preparedness.
• Free child care for attendees.
Army Volunteer Corps
• Volunteer opportunities at Presidio of Monterey and surrounding communities.
• Recognition programs.
Exceptional Family Member Program
• Assists families in developing solutions to individual and community EFMP issues and problems.
• Information and referral to community support and educational services.
Financial Assistance Program
• Financial counseling and planning.
• Personal financial management classes.
Family Advocacy Program
• Family violence prevention and education briefings.
• Parent education programs.
• Stress and anger management classes.
• Couples communication seminars.
• Victim advocacy services.
Employment Readiness Program
• Job contact with local employers.
• Resume preparation assistance (including federal system).
• Interviewing and job search techniques.
• One-on-one career counseling.
Information and Referral
• Information regarding military and community matters.
Mobilization & Deployment and Stability and Support Operation Readiness
• Family assistance and support services provided in support of military operations, natural disasters, acts of terror, evacuation.
• Aims to enhance unit cohesion and increase readiness.
This program is designed to assist families as they move around the world. Services include newcomer orientations, pre-departure counseling, automated destination information through the SITES program, the Lending Closet and many other services.
BOSS (Better Opportunities for Single Servicemembers)
The local BOSS program supports the overall quality of life of single service members, not just Soldiers. It identifies well-being issues and concerns by recommending improvements through the chain of command. BOSS encourages and assists single service members in identifying and planning for recreational and leisure activities. Additionally, it gives single service members the opportunity to participate in and contribute to their respective communities. For more information, call the Hobson Center at 831-242-5447.
GENERAL STILWELL COMMUNITY CENTER
Do you want to plan a party? Then visit the Stilwell Center, Building 4260, on the Ord Military Community. The center offers banquet and conference room rentals. Bar operations are available upon request from patrons. The program has a preferred caterers listing that is available to all patrons. Call 831-242-7801 for more information.