22 OF THE BEST RESTAURANTS IN GEORGIA NEAR NSB KINGS BAY
By Chris La Porte
IntroductionWelcome to NSB Kings Bay in St. Marys, Georgia, where you’ll be surrounded by amazing amenities with a friendly community that offers some of the best restaurants in Georgia. You’ll have the Intracoastal Waterway in your backyard with sprawling suburbs around you but still only be about 40 minutes away from Jacksonville, FL, to the south. For when you get hungry, St. Marys and the surrounding area have some of the best food in Georgia. You’ll have a wide selection ranging from seafood to Mexican cuisine to down-home Southern cooking. If you already know what you’re in the mood for, keep reading to discover some of the best restaurants in Georgia for yourself.
Related read:NSB Kings Bay: In-Depth Welcome Center
NSB Kings Bay RestaurantsOn base at NSB Kings Bay, you’ll find a few selections of fast-food eats plus the Navy Exchange’s cafeterias. Below, you’ll see the options for food on base. And if you’re in the mood for something different, you can Doordash deliver on base.
Burgers and Sandwiches
1. McDonald's1310 USS Daniel Boone Ave. Kings Bay Base, GA 31547
Phone: 1 (912) 882-2757
2. Subway1219 USS Daniel Boone Ave. Bldg 1029 Kings Bay Base, GA 31547
Phone: 1 (912) 673-8989
3. Finnegan’s Pub1216 USS Daniel Boone Ave. Bldg 1033 Kings Bay Base, GA 31547
Phone: 1 (912) 573-9429 Stop by Finnegan’s Pub for some bar bites and a cold brew. Here, you can enjoy a round with friends and then head next door to Finnegan’s Bowling for a few frames. Be sure to keep up-to-date with drink specials, the live music schedule, and other events.
Best Restaurants in Georgia Near BaseYou’ll find some of the best food in Georgia just off-base around NSB Kings Bay. All along St. Marys River, you’ll find local favorites, and you can head just west of base to Kingsland for even more options. Check out below for some must-try food in Georgia.
4. The Lunch Box916 Kings Bay Rd. St. Marys, GA 31558
Phone: 1 (912) 882-2210 The Lunch Box is a Southern-style, all-you-can-eat buffet. You’ll see a rotating collection of favorite meals every day, including BBQ chicken, fried fish, meatloaf, and chili, just to name a few.
5. Hwy 55 Burgers Shakes & Fries6586 GA-40 B8 St. Marys, GA 31558
Phone: 1 (912) 439-3894 Hwy 55 Burgers is a retro-themed chain that has all the charms of a 1950’s diner and soda fountain. You’ll find your favorite selections of American foods with a wide selection of different types of burgers to choose from.
6. Willie Jewell's Old School Bar-B-Q1621 GA-40, Kingsland, GA 31548
Phone: 1 (912) 729-2271 Willie Jewell’s Old School Bar-B-Q serves up BBQ the old-fashioned way – smoking the meat slowly on low heat for hours. The difference is in the flavor, and you have plenty of options with beef brisket, smoked sausage, pulled pork, and so much more.
7. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store1200 Boone Ave. Kingsland, GA 31548
Phone: 1 (912) 576-1991 The breakfast favorite, Cracker Barrel, is just east of NSB Kings Bay and serves up the classics from biscuits to pancakes to country potatoes.
8. Steffens Restaurant550 S Lee St. Kingsland, GA 31548
Phone: 1 (912) 729-5355 Steffens Restaurant is an old-school diner that serves up Southern American comfort food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You’ll want to make sure you stop by for breakfast, though, with plenty of good dishes to choose from like biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles, and french toast.
9. Golden China Restaurant139 City Smitty Dr. St. Marys, GA 31558
Phone: 1 (912) 882-8866 The food is served fresh, full of flavor, and from a friendly staff at Golden China Restaurant. Get a plate full of Chinese cuisine classics like sweet and sour chicken, coconut shrimp, and pepper steak.
10. China King1390 Boone Ave #21 Kingsland, GA 31548
Phone: 1 (912) 729-8765 Offering up Chinese favorites, China King is a perfect stop to grab some traditional meals. Be sure to grab an order of chicken chow mein, egg foo young, or roast pork lo mein.
11. Hardee's2605 Osborne Rd. St. Marys, GA 31558
Phone: 1 (912) 882-1027
12. Sonic Drive-In395 Charlie Smith Sr Hwy. St. Marys, GA 31558
Phone: 1 (912) 882-7356
13. Taco Bell1373 GA-40 E Kingsland, GA 31548 Phone: 1 (912) 729-8513
14. Zaxby's Chicken Fingers & Buffalo Wings1377 E King Ave. Kingsland, GA 31548
Phone: 1 (912) 510-8500
15. Dairy Queen Grill & Chill1164 Boone Ave. Kingsland, GA 31548 Phone: 1 (912) 510-0700
16. Nona Vitro's Italian Restaurant1390 Boone Ave. Kingsland, GA 31548
Phone: 1 (912) 882-5464 With reasonable prices and great flavors, Nona Vitro’s Italian Restaurant has your favorite Italian dishes. Grab a plate of spaghetti and some of their fresh garlic bread for a great meal.
17. Ops Pizza Kitchen & Cafe231 Charlie Smith Sr Hwy. St. Marys, GA 31558
Phone: 1 (912) 882-8558 Ops Pizza Kitchen and Cafe has been open since 2003 for both lunch and dinner Italian favorites. This family-oriented restaurant with an inviting, comfortable atmosphere serves up some of the best pizza in Georgia and other dishes like mozzarella cheese stromboli, chicken spinach artichoke flatbread, burgers, and more.
18. Osaka Japanese Steak House & Seafood860 Kings Bay Rd. St. Marys, GA 31558
Phone: 1 (912) 729-8800 Osaka Japanese Steak House and Seafood not only has fantastic Japanese fare, but they’re also one of the best seafood restaurants in Georgia. They serve up sushi rolls and nigiri, and they have a wide selection of hibachi dishes.
19. St. Marys Seafood & More1837 Osborne Rd. St. Marys, GA 31558
Phone: 1 (912) 467-4217 Serving up clams, fish, oysters, shrimp, and more, St. Marys Seafood and More makes its mark as another one of the best seafood restaurants in Georgia. Take the whole family to this casual stop with a maritime tavern vibe.
20. Seagles Restaurant105 Osborne St. St. Marys, GA 31558
Phone: 1 (912) 882-3242 On the Georgia side of St. Marys River sits Seagles Restaurant, where you can grab a delicious meal provided by the sea. Located in the Riverview Hotel, this seafood restaurant has been family-owned and operated since the 1920s.
21. Compa's Mexican Grill & Cantina133 City Smitty Dr. St. Marys, GA 31558
Phone: 1 (912) 576-1239 Fairly new to the area is Compa’s Mexican Grill and Cantina, and they are already becoming a local favorite. Grab a plate of pollo con queso, pastor, tamales, and more.
22. Buenos Dias2796 Colerain Rd. St. Marys, GA 31558
Phone: 1 (912) 576-8485 Open for breakfast and lunch, Buenos Dias is a great way to start your day. They have an excellent selection of breakfast burritos with chorizo, poblano peppers, and eggs, or you can grab some of their famous nachos for lunch before diving into enchiladas or chile Relleno.
ConclusionThese represent some of the best restaurants in Georgia, and we hope that they provide a good start for when you get hungry. Whether it's the food on base or something in the local community, we’re sure you’ll find new favorites. More like this: 17 of the Best Things To Do in South Georgia Near NSB Kings Bay
nsb kings bay
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts