DYESS AFB HOUSING: 10 ON-BASE OPTIONS
By Rachel Childs
IntroductionSo you've been assigned orders to a new base, and now you're looking for a place to live. House hunting in the military can be challenging, especially if you're doing it from afar and don't know much about the area you're moving to next. Don't worry! Read on and use this guide to learn more about the housing options available to you on and near Dyess (AFB) Air Force Base.
Suggested Read:Dyess Air Force Base: In-Depth Welcome Center
Dyess AFB BAHYou can follow this link to look up your Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) for your rank and ZIP code. This will help you create your budget and guide your home search. To learn more about what goes into your military BAH rate, visit our in-depth guide here.
Dyess AFB BarracksUnaccompanied personnel housing is for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E1 to E3 and E4 with less than three years of service. Unaccompanied personnel housing can be reached at 1 (325) 696-4402 or 1 (325) 696-4996. If you're planning to live on base and don't have a family you're bringing along, this could be a great resource for you. Visit Dyess AFB's housing website for more information.
Dyess AFB Housing OfficeIf you will not be living in unaccompanied housing at Dyess AFB, the Military Housing Office should be one of your first stops. This office offers relocation services and information and support for Airmen and families as they move to their new base. Dyess AFB Military Housing Office 481 Fifth St. Dyess AFB, TX 79607
Phone:1 (325) 696-2150
Dyess AFB Family HomesAt Dyess AFB, military family housing is privatized. In addition to your option to purchase or rent housing in the local community, you may choose to live in privatized housing by signing a tenant lease agreement with Balfour Beatty Communities or Hunt Military Communities, which own the family housing communities and are responsible for constructing, maintaining, repairing, and managing the communities. Dyess AFB's military family housing communities offer a variety of house styles and floor plans. Neighborhoods provide easy access to playgrounds, picnic areas, sport courts and base recreation facilities. School-age children living in and near Dyess AFB military housing attend schools in the Abilene Independent School District, Wylie Independent School District and Jim Ned Consolidated Independent School District. For more information on schools at and around Dyess AFB, check out our in-depth guide here. Applying for military family housing is easy, but don't hesitate to contact the leasing and community management offices if you have questions. Balfour Beatty Communities Leasing and Community Management Office 32 Louisiana Road Dyess AFB, TX 79607
Phone:1 (325) 701-9276 Hunt Military Communities Leasing Office 5802 Kala Drive Abilene, TX 79606
Phone:1 (325) 690-6698 Note: Dyess AFB military housing is available for active-duty service members, retirees, veterans, DOD employees, other service branch members and civilians.
Benefits of Living in Base Housing
- No application fees.
- No credit checks.
- No security deposit.
- Short commutes, and no wait at the gate.
- Convenient access to the commissary, exchange and base recreation facilities.
Base Housing Features and Amenities
- Central heating and air conditioning.
- All major kitchen appliances included.
- Washer and dryer connections.
- On-site maintenance service.
- Lawn care services.
- Waste and recycling collection.
Features of Dyess AFB Neighborhoods
- Access to community centers with fitness amenities and space for private events.
- Resident activities and events.
- Swimming pools.
- Playgrounds, tot lots, sports courts and recreational trails.
- Dog park.
- Access to the Deployed Spouse Program and Hunt Heart Program, which assist military families when a spouse is deployed.
The Balfour Beatty Communities at Dyess AFB
1. Eagle HeightsRanks: O4-O6 Eagle Heights features homes with three or four bedrooms, two-car garages, private patios or porches, and fenced-in yards. ADA homes are available.
2. Freedom RunRanks: O1-O3 Homes in Freedom Run have three or four bedrooms. Homes also have two-car garages, private patios or porches, and fenced-in yards. ADA homes are available.
3. Frontier MeadowsRanks: E1-E9 Homes in Frontier Meadows have two to four bedrooms, two-car garages, fenced-in yards and patios. ADA homes are available.
4. Hunter's MesaRanks: E1-E6 Hunter's Mesa homes have three or four bedrooms, one-car garages, private patios or porches, and fenced-in yards. The neighborhood offers easy access to playgrounds and tennis courts. ADA homes are available.
5. Liberty CrossingRanks: E1-E6 Liberty Crossing homes have three or four bedrooms and open floor plans. Homes also have two-car garages, private patios or porches, and fenced-in yards.
6. Lone Star TrailsRanks: E1-E6 Lone Star Trails homes have three or four bedrooms, garages, private patios or porches, and fenced-in yards. ADA homes are available.
7. Patriot AcresRanks: E7-E9 Patriot Acres homes have three or four bedrooms, two-car garages, private patios or porches, and fenced-in yards. ADA homes are available.
The Quail Hollow Hunt Military Community at Dyess AFB
1. Village OneRanks: E1-E9, O1-O6 Village One features single-story apartments with two or three bedrooms. Amenities include covered parking, patios and exterior storage.
2. Village TwoRanks: E1-E9, O1-O6 Village Two features two-story townhomes with two or three bedrooms. Homes have covered parking, patios and exterior storage.
3. Village ThreeRanks: E5-E9, O1-O6 Village Three features two-story duplexes with two or three bedrooms. Homes have single-car garages, patios and exterior storage.
ConclusionMoving to a new place can be stressful, but there are plenty of great housing options at Dyess AFB. You're sure to find the ideal housing for you and your family's needs. Military housing is limited, so be sure to connect with the Military Housing Office as soon as you receive your orders to Dyess AFB. This office can provide important information on-base housing availability and possible waitlists for housing. We hope you find Dyess AFB is soon home sweet home.
More like this:19 Of the Best Dyess AFB Things to Do
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts