DISCOVER PREHISTORIC ADVENTURES AT THE OGDEN DINOSAUR PARK
By Buddy Blouin
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to visit a theme park or zoo, but instead of ordinary attractions and animals, you’re in the midst of terrifying dinosaurs that once roamed the Earth? While you probably won’t run into Jeff Goldblum or Chris Pratt (or be eaten alive for that matter), you can enjoy a variety of dino-centric attractions at the Ogden Dinosaur Park. There are more than 100 incredibly lifelike dinosaur sculptures available to guests at Ogden's George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park. These exhibits are further brought to life thanks to the park's robotic systems, detailed artwork, and advanced sound system. The dino park is a must-visit and fun for the whole family. Our tips and tricks will help you plan your visit to get the most out of your next adventure to a world lost long ago.
Suggested read:Visit the Hill AFB Museum, Utah’s Gem of Aviation
What To Know About the Ogden Dinosaur ParkFeaturing lifelike sculptures based on actual fossils, you won’t find a more visually appealing dinosaur park than Ogden’s Dinosaur Park. From a regular day out to birthday parties and more, we’ve got you covered on what you need to know before making the trip. Here are some great tips and info about Eccles’ Dinosaur Park in Ogden:
- The George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park can be found at 1544 Park Blvd., Ogden, UT 84401. It’s less than 30 minutes away from Hill AFB, making it the perfect attraction for military members and their families.
- During the spring, you can visit the best dinosaur park in Ogden from March 2nd through May 24th every day of the week from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. The Stewart Museum closes at 5:00 p.m.
- Summertime visitors can enjoy the park from May 25th through September 7th beginning at 10:00 a.m. and closing at 8:00 p.m. The museum closes at 7:00 p.m. On Sundays, you can access the park from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., with the museum closing at 5:00 p.m. The park is also open on Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Pioneer Day.
- Winter hours may vary.
- Birthday party packages are available for groups up to 12. Additional guests may join but will be extra. Outside cakes and food items are welcomed, but the park should be notified in advance to book a reservation.
- Various events keep guests coming back for more. From the Jurassic Run 5K to day camps and even educational lectures, there is plenty to discover throughout the park again and again.
- Looking to get involved? The dinosaur park calling Ogden home is looking for volunteers.
Pricing InformationMore than 100 dinosaurs, three museums, and unlimited entertainment await you when you purchase a general admission ticket. Here’s a pricing breakdown to help you prepare:
- Kids under 2 are free.
- Children between the ages of 2 and 12 are $5 per person.
- Students between the ages of 13 and 17 cost $6 per person.
- Adults ages 18 and up can gain admission for only $7 per person.
- Seniors (62+) can join in on the fun for only $6 per person.
- Birthday packages begin at $99 for members and $119 for non-members.
Where To Eat Near Ogden Dinosaur ParkIf you’re looking for a bite after your dinosaur adventure, you’re in luck. Ogden, Utah, has a great mix of restaurants available, many of them next to the dino park. From local favorites to familiar chains, here are a few spots to chow down at that are all nearby:
- Timbermine Steakhouse, located at 1701 Park Blvd., Ogden, UT 84401, can be a great stop for a family-friendly steakhouse you’re sure to enjoy.
- The Black Bear Diner Ogden at 366 12th St., Ogden, UT 84404, provides familiar American fare that’s perfect for any family.
- Taboo Pizza offers some of the best pies in town. Head over to 3017 Harrison Blvd., Ogden, UT 84403, for a menu featuring many of your Italian favorites and wings.
- Rosa’s Cafe is delivering authentic Mexican flavors straight to Utah. Head over to 2660 E Washington Blvd., Ogden, UT 84401, to see what all of the fuss is about.
- It’s hard to beat a good burger, and luckily, there’s a Five Guys close by. 2325 Washington Blvd., Ogden, UT 84401, is where you’ll find juicy burgers and an abundance of fries.
Read next:Adventure Awaits You at the Snowbasin Resort
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts