THE ELMWOOD PARK ZOO DELIVERS AFFORDABLE ADVENTURES
By Buddy Blouin
Going to the zoo can be one of the best experiences a family can have. Where else can you and your kids get up close and personal with exotic wildlife? Zoos continue to provide a great balance of entertainment and education that is perfect for small children, teens, adults, and anyone else to enjoy. Of all the zoos in PA, the Elmwood Park Zoo stands alone. It’s a great place to spend the day, offering its patrons an array of exhibits, hundreds of animals, encounters, feedings, and a variety of events that happen all year long. Whether you are looking to simply try something different or have a passion for animals, you’ll be sure to find yourself having a great time throughout your visit. Here’s everything you’ll need before your visit to the Elmwood Zoo.
Related read:Diggerland USA: The Nation’s Only Construction-Themed Water Park
Elmwood Park Zoo Hours, Info, and TipsGoing to the zoo alone or in a group can be a fun time, but to get the most out of your day, you’re going to want to be sure you have a plan. Luckily, that’s where we come in. We’ve got plenty of important information and tips to help you better enjoy your adventure:
- The Elmwood Park Zoo can be found at 1661 Harding Blvd., Norristown, PA 19401. It’s only about an hour away from Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ, making it the perfect place for military families to enjoy.
- Elmwood Park Zoo hours are 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., seven days a week. Holiday hours may vary.
- Parking is free for visitors.
- Children 2 years old and under can enter for free. Children from 3 to 12 years old cost $4.00-$15.95.
- Adult tickets are available for $12.95-$19.95 for everyone 13 and up.
- Senior citizens (65+) can purchase tickets for only $12.95-$15.95.
- Students with a valid ID can receive admission for only $12.95-$17.95.
Active military memberscan receive free admission and discounts for their companions. Veterans can also receive discounted admission.
- To avoid larger crowds, head to the back of the zoo for a quicker entrance.
- Attractions such as Treetop Adventures, a popular ziplining experience, are only for those ages 15 and up. Keep this in mind when planning your trip, as families with multiple age groups may find that some challenges can arise when monitoring their children vying for different attractions.
- Pack a picnic or enjoy food from one of the many stands found around the property.
- Educational programs may be available, but you’ll want to schedule them ahead of time. The price of these programs, unlike other potential side attractions, is included in the price of admission.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted.
- Except for feeding exhibits, feeding the animals is strictly prohibited.
Additional Attractions and EventsThere’s no doubt that the animals are the stars of the show at the Elmwood Park Zoo, but the additional attractions can take your experience over the top. Plus, there are special events, some even beyond regular hours, that give you a renewed experience every time you visit. Here are some of the highlights available:
- Elmwood Park Zoo Wild Lights is a holiday celebration that features live entertainment, attractions, carousel rides, and lights to get patrons in a festive mood.
- The Elmwood Park Zoo Giraffe Feeding is a unique experience that is only $4 for non-members and $3 for yearly members. Bison Feedings may also be available; however, all attractions are subject to availability due to a range of factors, such as animal care and weather conditions.
- Breakfast With the Giraffes gives guests the chance to enjoy a delicious meal before partaking in a giraffe feeding. Attraction rentals are available for special events, such as an Elmwood Park Zoo birthday party.
- ZooSnooze allows guests to explore the zoo after hours in a fun, interactive way.
- Treetop Adventures is a fun zipline experience that can be enjoyed during regular hours, but Night Adventures provides an after-hours experience of soaring through the air.
Your Elmwood Park Zoo Adventure AwaitsInteractive, educational, and recreational, the Elmwood Park Zoo checks all the boxes. It’s the perfect place to enjoy with your family and friends, offering new and exciting activities that keep you going back for more. This guide will help you get through, so get your tickets today. From a regular day out and about to breakfast and more, grab a group or head out solo and enjoy beautiful creatures of all shapes and sizes.
Read next:25 of the Best Trenton, New Jersey, Restaurants Near JBMDL
joint base mcguire-dix-lakehurst
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts