THE BEST FORT HUACHUCA SCHOOLS: DAYCARE - HIGH SCHOOL
IntroductionSo you’ve just been assigned to Fort Huachuca. There’s a ton of things for you to do, but if you’re a parent, one of the first things you need to do when relocating to a new area is figure out where your kids are going to go to school and what your options are when it comes to childcare. You’ve got several choices on and around Fort Huachuca, whether you opt for public or private schools. Choosing the best school district is a big part of that. Suggested Read: Fort Huachuca: In-Depth Welcome Center
Schools in Fort HuachucaThere are three schools that serve those who live on-post known as Fort Huachuca Accommodation Schools: Colonel Johnston Elementary School (K-2), General Myer Elementary School (3-5) and Colonel Smith Middle School (6-8).
Fort Huachuca Accommodation SchoolsStudents in elementary and middle school who live in housing located on Fort Huachuca will attend one of the three Fort Huachuca Accommodation Schools. You can find their information below:
Phone:1 (520) 458-5082
Fort Huachuca Elementary Schools
Phone:1 (520) 459-8798
Phone:1 (520) 459-8986
Fort Huachuca Middle Schools
Phone:1 (520) 459-8892
Fort Huachuca High SchoolsAll high schools are off post and listed by district below.
Fort Huachuca Child CareFort Huachuca offers four options for child care: Family Child Care (FCC), The Child Development Centers (New Beginnings and Expanding Horizons), Outreach Services (OS) and School-Age Services.
1. Fort Huachuca Family Child CareFamily Child Care provides care for children ages 4 weeks through 12 years. The Family Child Care Office can be reached at (520) 533-2494.
CushingBldg. 51301 Fort Huachuca, Arizona 85613
Phone:1 (520) 533-2494
2. Fort Huachuca Child Development Centers (New Beginnings and Expanding Horizons)The New Beginnings CDC provides care for children from 6 weeks through kindergarten, while the Expanding Horizons CDC offers part-day toddler, part-day Stepping Stones to Strong Beginnings Pre-Kindergarten, and part-day Army Strong Beginnings Pre-Kindergarten Programs for the children of Fort Huachuca soldiers and civilians. Parents can contact the New Beginnings Child Development Center at (520) 533-5209 or (520) 533-0738, and contact the Expanding Horizons Child Development Center at (520) 538-6319.
New Beginnings CDCFort Huachuca, AZ 85613
Phone:1 (520) 533-5209 or (520) 533-0738
Expanding Horizons CDCFort Huachuca, AZ 85613
Phone:1 (520) 538-6319
3. Fort Huachuca Outreach Services (OS)
Murr Community CenterBldg. 51301 Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613
Phone:1 (520) 533-0710
3. Fort Huachuca School Age Care (SAP)Additionally, School Age Care (SAP) provides developmental and recreational opportunities to children in the first through fifth grades. Program services include sports and fitness, life skills and citizenship, mentoring and support services, leisure and recreation. Interested parties should call (520) 533-7633, (520) 533-7634, or (520) 533-0733.
School Age ServicesFort Huachuca, AZ 85613
Phone:1 (520) 533-7633, (520) 533-7634 or (520) 533-0733
Schools Near Fort HuachucaFamilies living off-post have several great schools and daycare facilities to choose from in Sierra Vista, Huachuca City, Whetstone, Bisbee, Benson, Tombstone and the larger surrounding area. Check out the websites below to get more information. Public school districts generally don’t allow out-of-district enrollment. In addition to the aforementioned Fort Huachuca Accommodation Schools, which serve students that live on-post, there are three public school districts near Fort Huachuca: Sierra Vista Unified School District, Bisbee Unified School District and Tombstone Unified School District.
1. Sierra Vista Unified School District
Caesar Rodney School District3305 East Fry Blvd. Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
Phone:1 (520) 515-2700 Sierra Vista Unified School District was founded in 1956. The school district serves more than 5,000 schools and is home to six elementary schools, a middle school and a high school. You can learn more about schools in the district by visiting the district’s website.
High Schools Near Fort Huachuca
Phone:1 (520) 515-2800
2. Bisbee Unified School District519 W Melody Lane Bisbee, AZ 85603
Phone:1 520-432-5381 Bisbee Unified School District is a small district with three schools: an elementary school, a middle school and a high school. Its website includes a detailed directory with information on each school.
High Schools Near Fort Huachuca
Phone:1 (520) 432-5714
3. Tombstone Unified School District411 N Ninth St. Tombstone, AZ 85638
Phone:1 (520) 457.2217 The Tombstone Unified School District, founded in 1922, is another smaller district. The district is spread across three schools: two elementary/middle schools and one high school. Its website also offers detailed information on each school.
High Schools Near Fort Huachuca
Phone:1 (520) 457-2217
Private Schools Near Fort HuachucaParents who opt to send their children to a private school near Fort Huachuca will also have options, though they will be limited. According to the Private School Review, there are seven private schools in the area. All but one, a pre-school, is religiously affiliated. Here are some of the best private schools in Cochise County.
1. St. Anthony of Padua School1425 E Yaqui St. Sierra Vista, AZ 85650
Phone:1 (520) 378-7012 St. Anthony of Padua School was established in 1999 and is a Roman Catholic school. The school serves 166 students from grades Kindergarten through eighth but keeps its class sizes small. There are about 17 students per teacher, and an average of 17 students in a class.
2. First Baptist Christian Academy1447 S Seventh St. Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
Phone:1 (520) 458-2983 First Baptist Christian Academy is a Baptist school serving students in grades pre-Kindergarten through eighth. The school serves 186 students but keeps classes small, with 12 students per class on average and a 13:1 student to teacher ratio.
3. Grace Christian Academy1050 S. Post Road Benson, AZ 85602
Phone:1 (520) 586-2358 Grace Christian Academy is a nondenominational Christian school founded in 1998. The school serves students in grades pre-Kindergarten through 12 but is exceptionally small, with only nine current students and three teachers on staff.
4. Joanne Todd Christian School321 W. Maley St. Willcox, AZ 85643
Phone:1 (520) 384-2305 Joanne Todd Christian School is a nondenominational school serving students from grades Kindergarten through eighth. The school serves 38 students. The small student population allows the school to keep the student to teacher ratio at 13:1.
5. Loretto Catholic School1200 E. 14th St. Douglas, AZ 85607
Phone:1 (520) 364-5754 Loretto Catholic School serves students in grades Kindergarten through eighth and has a population of 254 students, making it the largest school in the area. Despite the large student population, the student to teacher ratio is only 17:1.
Daycares Near Fort HuachucaMaking a decision about who should take care of your child can be hard. When you’re on the hunt for the right daycare facility or in-home daycare service, it helps to search for places like Care.com and Yelp for reviews. It also helps to visit any facilities you might be considering, as well.
ConclusionMoving is stressful, and finding the best school or daycare for your child can be a time-consuming process. Thankfully, there are plenty of options in and around Fort Huachuca and the surrounding area to make sure your child’s mental and physical well-being will be taken care of. We hope the above information helps make your search easier and allows you to spend more time with your family as you settle in.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts