TOP 10 MOVING APPS & WEBSITES FOR YOUR PCS MOVE
By MyBaseGuide Staff Member
Why Moving Apps & Websites for Military Members?If you’re relatively new to PCSing, you may be constantly dreading the next PCS season. You get your orders in the mail and instantly start to wonder how far you’re going to have to move, how much this move is going to cost you, and how much stress you’ll be under during the brunt of it – not to mention the toll it takes on other members of the family, like your dependents. PCS season is made easier with a number of moving apps and websites designed to take a huge amount of stress off of military families during these sometimes overwhelming moves. If you’re looking for something – anything – to take a load off during your next PCS, we’ve got the tools and websites that you’re going to want to keep in your pocket for every new set of orders you receive during your time in the military world.
Moving Apps & Websites You Need To Check OutWe’ve got an impressive list of moving apps and websites that you can rely on to get you to your next posting with as little stress and complication as possible.
1. MyBaseGuideMyBaseGuide is our all-encompassing website with information about the most important aspects of your new base. MyBaseGuide is perfect for families and service members both pre-move and post-move. We provide info on the top military-trusted businesses in the area, blogs and articles about housing options on-base and nearby, and links and phone numbers to the most important facilities on your base, like the transportation office, exchange, visitor center, and even gate hours and information. Just visit our website's home page and search for your new installation.
2. AHRNAHRN provides expansive home listings for military bases across the nation. If you’re trying to find exact prices, locations, or floor plans for housing on your new base, AHRN is one of your best bets. It’s the perfect pre-move database for you! Just go to their home page, search for your installation, and browse their listings of on-base housing, off-base housing, rentals, temporary lodging, and more! AHRN’s site is better than most other generic moving apps or websites because they provide military-specific homes and cater the site towards the unique needs of service members and their families.
3. AvvinueAvvinue is available on Google Play and the App Store. This is a pro moving planner if you’ve ever seen one; it’s all-inclusive and then some! Avvinue has pre-populated checklists for moving, a reliable relocation marketplace, easy side-by-side comparisons for movers, and easy coordination with your finances, banks, and mortgage companies. If you’re moving with a partner, you can both sync the data to each other’s apps on your own phone, so you’re always up-to-date. When considering mobile moving apps, Avvinue is easily at the top of our list for military members.
4. MovedMoved is a digital moving concierge available on iOS and on the web. You’ll be matched with a moving assistant through the app or website, and this person will help you coordinate things like movers and packing supplies. They’ll also help you keep track of items you need to pack for your move and any household goods you need to buy ahead of your arrival.
5. MagicplanMagicplan’s name hits the nail on the head, as it’s basically a magician in the palm of your hand. This one is ESPECIALLY useful for military families, as you have to keep your move under a strict household weight allowance. You can get it via the App Store and Google Play. Magicplan helps you create floor plans of your new home so that you can accurately measure where your furniture will be able to fit. This way, you can tell ahead of time if a certain item isn’t going to fit in your new home, and you can get rid of it and save precious pounds in your weight allowance. And that’s just the beginning!
More like this:How To Find a Military Real Estate Agent: Buying & Selling 101
6. MoveAdvisorMoveAdvisor is a popular option available through the App Store, Google Play, and Amazon Apps. It does pretty much everything you can think of! It has an incredibly intuitive room-by-room inventory checklist, helps you create a moving timeline, and can even get you free quotes for movers, which is especially handy if you’re embarking on a full or partial DITY move!
7. Moving App & ChecklistWe’d be remiss not to talk about the simple yet effective Moving App & Checklist when we’re discussing the best apps for moving. It’s available on iOS and Android. It helps you keep all your important moving-related documents and links all in one secure place. You can also create and print labels for your boxes straight from the app that include information on the contents of each box. This one is incredibly handy for the super organized military family (or those who want to be)!
8. SortlySortly is one of the highest-rated inventory management apps on the market. You can get it on iOS and Android, alike. Many small businesses use Sortly for large-scale inventory management, but individuals in the midst of a move have raved about its easy-to-use features. You can create individual sections for every box you’ve packed and add images and descriptions to each one, so you know exactly what items are in which box. You’ll need to take stock of your household goods before moving to your new installation, and this is an intuitive app that helps with that.
9. HavenlyIt can be easy to move into a new home and completely forgo interior design once you get there. You’ll be moving out in a few short years after all, right? However, interior design can go a long way in making your house really feel like home, and that’s where Havenly comes in. They make each new house a haven by giving you design ideas! Just send them pictures of your interior space through the app or site, and they’ll have design experts send back practical styling ideas unique to you, your home, your needs, and your design goals. You can find them both via their website and on the App Store.
10. Home ContentsHome Contents is one of many moving apps that’s dedicated to helping you take a clear, concise inventory of your household goods. You can add pictures, descriptions, and values to all items within Home Contents. If anything gets lost or damaged, this will really come in handy with both the images and values right in front of you in an easily accessible (and provable) way. It’s available only on iOS.
Boost your credit score before you move with3 of the Best Credit Cards for Military Veterans in 2022
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts