EVERY SAILOR SHOULD KNOW HOW TO USE THE MYNAVY PORTAL
By MyBaseGuide Staff Member
If you’re a Sailor in the U.S. Navy and haven’t heard of the MyNavy Portal (MNP), you’re missing a vital tool that you can use to enhance your career both now and after your military service is done (not to mention all the other valuable resources for your time in service). MNP is a web tool that’s used to integrate the Navy’s information technology systems, human resources information, applications, and all other knowledge into one quick, easy-to-use portal. Ready to dive in?
Suggested read:Advance Your Career Using the Army Career Tracker
What Is the MyNavy Portal?MNP has been active since 2017 and has served Sailors beautifully since that time, a far cry from the many issues encountered with Army portals and software. Besides general branch documents and information, one of the most important things to know about in the MNP is the MyNavy Career Center (MNCC). MNCC covers important information you need to know about 11 major Career and Life Events (CLEs), including Sailor & Family Support, Pay & Benefits, Career Planning, Performance, and Advancement & Promotion. Other important parts of the portal include the Physical Readiness Information Management System (PRISM) and Electronic Personnel Action Request (ePAR).
How To Use the MyNavy PortalThe MyNavy Portal is easy to navigate, but if you’re still finding yourself a little lost in all that the portal has to offer, you can visit their tutorial videos page for step-by-step instructions on accessing the most important parts of the site. Check out all the MNP tutorials right here. Utilizing the site to its full potential will look different depending on what you’re attempting to do. If you want to use the MyNavy Portal Advancement Dashboard to rise up in pay, skill, and, eventually, rank, take the following steps to get started:
- Log in to your account.
- Click “Career & Life Events” on the menu at the top.
- Click “Advancement & Promotion.”
- On the left navigation ribbon, click “Enlisted Advancement.”
- Click “Change Selection.”
- Update your pay grade, component, and cycle.
MyNavy Portal Quick LinksAnother important aspect of the site you should know how to use is Quick Links. MyNavy Portal Quick Links is likely exactly what you think it is: a master page of all the most important links you should know about on the MyNavy Portal and across Naval systems and software, even outside the MNP. You can find the full list of MyNavy Portal Quick Links here, but here are some of the most highly requested links to get you started:
- Blended Retirement System Navy (BRS)
- Deployment Readiness Support
- Enlisted Advancement Bibliographies (Bibs)
- Electronic Health Assessment
- MyNavy HR (MNHR)
- Navy College
- Navy MWR Digital Library
- Navy Reserve Readiness Module (NRRM)
- Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System (NFAAS)
- Physical Activity Risk Factor Questionnaire (PARFQ)
- United States Naval Test Pilot School
- U.S. Navy Reserve ZipServe
MyNavy Portal Login and CAC-Free AccessIf you want to log in to the MyNavy Education Portal, it’s incredibly easy. You can log in CAC-free or with your CAC. If you want to log in without a CAC, you’ll first need to install an extension called Okta Verify to ensure the security of important Navy information. Here’s a step-by-step guide for your MyNavy Portal login without a CAC card:
- From the home page, click “Login.”
- Select high bandwidth mode.
- After inputting your CAC login credentials, click your name in the top right corner.
- Click “My Account.”
- On the left-hand ribbon, click “CAC-free Account.”
- Click “Manage Account.”
- Enter your Navy email address and develop a strong password.
- Grab your cell phone and scan the QR code on the CAC-free setup page.
Read next:Your Guide to the ALMS Army Learning Portal
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts