The School Liaison Officer:
- Advocates for the educational needs of military children and assists Airmen, Soldiers and families with information and referral regarding local school districts and other educational options, including home schooling, private schools, charter schools and online programs.
- Provides information and referral services for students with special educational needs.
- Ensures school personnel are aware of the unique issues affecting military children.
- Assists high school juniors and seniors with college preparation and research of scholarships and grant opportunities.
- Assists personnel and families in resolving problems not solved after using the school chain of command.
- Provides information on Partnership Programs (volunteering in local schools).
Alaska is a member of the Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission. The state recognizes the transition and deployment-related issues of military-connected students. For more information, visit www.mic3.net or call the JBER School Liaison Office at 907-384-7500.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts