THE BEST SCHOOLS FORT BRAGG NC: DAYCARE - HIGH SCHOOL
By Tracy Fuga
IntroductionSo, you just got your orders for Fort Bragg. Now what? If you’re a parent, one of the first things you need to do when relocating to a new area is figure out childcare options. That includes choosing where your child will go to school, whether that means a public or private school, on post or off. Luckily there are quite a few options for schools and daycare centers around and within Fort Bragg. Choosing the best school districts are a big factor in making your next housing decision. And if you’re still in the process of buying a house, there are loads of great listings for Fort Bragg on AHRN.com.
Suggested Read:Fort Bragg NC: In-Depth Welcome Center
Schools in Fort Bragg, NCSchool-age children living on Fort Bragg can attend any of the Department of Defense-run schools on post. Keep in mind that there are certain eligibility requirements that must be met to enroll in an on-post school. There are nine such schools available for children living on Fort Bragg, including elementary and middle schools.
Daycare on Fort BraggIf you’re looking for childcare on post at Fort Bragg, there are 12 options to choose from. On-post child care centers offer full-day, part-day, and hourly care options for your child.
Fort Bragg School DistrictSchools on Fort Bragg are part of the Fort Bragg School District, and you can find the contact information below.
Fort Bragg School District4958 Bastogne Drive, Bldg. B4951 Fort Bragg, NC 28307 1 (910) 907-0200 There is one primary school that serves pre-k and first grade, five elementary schools available for grades pre-k through fifth, and one intermediate school for grades second through fifth.
1. Bowley Elementary School3445 Randolph St., Bldg. 1-3479 Fort Bragg, NC 28307 1 (910) 907-0202
2. Devers Elementary School3355 Varsity St., Bldg. 9-5536 Fort Bragg, NC 28307 1 (910) 907-0204
3. Gordon Elementary School4200 Percy Blvd., Bldg. L-6323 Cameron, NC 28326 1 (910) 907-1300
4. Poole Elementary School3561 Percy Blvd., Bldg. L-8101 Cameron, NC 28326 1 (910) 907-0209
5. Shughart Elementary School4780 Camel Road, Bldg. L-1017 Cameron, NC 28326 1 (910) 907-0273
6. Hampton Primary School4503 Honeycutt Road, Bldg. B-7757 Fort Bragg, NC 28307 1 (910) 907-0205
7. Irwin Intermediate School91 Rhine Road, Bldg. B-6138 Fort Bragg, NC 28307 1 (910) 907-0206
Middle Schools in Fort BraggThose with children in grades sixth through eighth have two middle schools to choose from on post; both have a student body of about 350 kids.
1. Albritton Middle SchoolNormandy Drive, Bldg. 4-3331 Fort Bragg, NC 28307 1 (910) 907-0211
2. Shughart Middle School4800 Camel Road Bldg L-1017 Cameron, NC 28326 1 (910) 907-0211
High Schools in Fort BraggStudents in grades 9-12 will need to attend off-post schools which are located in Cumberland and Harnett counties.
Schools Near Fort BraggFamilies living off-post have no shortage of great schools and daycare facilities to choose from in Cumberland County and its surrounding counties. Visit the corresponding websites to get more information about these nearby education and childcare options.
Daycares near Fort Bragg, NCLeaving your child in someone else’s care can be one of the hardest decisions a parent has to make. When looking for the right facility or in-home daycare, reading reviews on Care.com and Yelp and taking a tour of the facility itself when possible is the best way to make a decision about where to send your child.
Public schools near Fort Bragg, NCFamilies that choose to live in off-post housing will need to enroll in schools within their associated district. Public school districts generally don’t allow out-of-district enrollment. There are five public school districts near Fort Bragg:
1. Cumberland County School District2465 Gillespie St. Fayetteville, NC 28306 1 (910) 678-2300 Cumberland County Schools is the largest district near Fort Bragg so chances are you will be enrolling your child at one of the over 50 elementary schools, 18 middle schools, or 17 high schools if you live off post. More than 50,000 students are enrolled in the district, with many of them connected to Fort Bragg. To that end, the district’s site has a tool to locate the school you should enroll in based on your new address and offers support for military students through school adjustments and parent deployments.
2. Harnett County School District1008 S. 11th St. Lillington, NC 27546 1 (910) 893-8151 Harnett County School District has 28 schools in its district, with an enrollment of over 20,000 students in grades pre-k through 12th. The robust website includes a directory dedicated to helping parents understand all the district has to offer its students (and their parents), like sports, band, honor clubs, transportation info, booster club organizations, and more. Harnett County School District also offers support services for military families.
3. Hoke County School District310 Wooley St. Raeford, NC 28376 1 (910) 875-4106 Hoke County Schools has 14 schools in the district, eight elementary schools, three middle schools, one high school near Fort Bragg, one early college high school and an alternative school. The district has schools to meet children’s needs at all levels. The alternative school, J W Turlington, provides a different setting to ensure kids in grades 6-12 are able to graduate. And Hoke County’s SandHoke Early College High School is highly rated and its students enroll in college courses starting their second year of high school.
4. Lee County School District106 Gordon St. Sanford, NC 27330 1 (919) 774-6226 Lee County Schools is a unique district, with 13 schools and learning centers serving children from age 3 all the way up to 21. The district has three top ranked schools, Lee Early College, Tramway Elementary School, and Greenwood Elementary School. According to Public School Review, nearly 90% of students in this district graduate from high school and go on to enroll in higher education.
5. Moore County School District5277 Highway 15-501 South Carthage, NC 28327 1 (910) 947-2976 Moore County Schools boasts a total enrollment of nearly 13,000 students across its 24 schools. Students in this district have plenty of options when it comes to advanced courses, arts education, digital learning, and programs for those with special needs. And military students will find plenty of support when transitioning to a new school within this district as the schools work closely with Fort Bragg to ensure student success.
Private schools near Fort Bragg, NCParents who opt to send their children to a private school near Fort Bragg are met with quite a few options as well. The majority of private schools in the area have a religious affiliation. According to Private School Review, these are some of the top private schools in Cumberland County.
1. Berean Baptist Academy518 Glensford Drive Fayetteville, NC 28314 1 (910) 868-2511 Berean Baptist Academy was established in 1975 and is affiliated with Berean Baptist Church. The school is one of the largest private schools in the area with nearly 600 students but offers small classes with a 14:1 student-teacher ratio.
2. Fayetteville Academy3200 Cliffdale Road Fayetteville, NC 28303 1 (910) -868-5131 Fayetteville Academy is an independent, college preparatory school serving children in grades pre-k through 12th. The academy has an enrollment of nearly 400 and boasts small class sizes (13 students) with a ratio of six students for every one teacher.
3. Fayetteville Christian School1422 Ireland Drive Fayetteville, NC 28304 1 (910) 483-3905 Fayetteville Christian School places among the top private schools in North Carolina for its size (a student body of approximately 650), sports offerings, and extracurriculars. The school boasts alumni from Harvard Business School, John Hopkins Medical School, Clemson, and Howard University.
4. Flaming Sword Campus3230 Legion Road Hope Mills, NC 28348 1 (910) 764-3500 Flaming Sword Campus is the first private school for students with autism and other developmental disabilities. The school has an average class size of 10 students and has an annual enrollment of over 130 students from pre-k to 12th grade. The school also offers before- and after-school care.
5. Village Chrisitan Academy908 S. Mcpherson Church Road Fayetteville, NC 28303 1 (910) 483-5500 Village Christian Academy offers plenty of sports and extracurriculars for its roughly 575 pre-k through 12th grade students, including golf, volleyball, tennis, band, forensics, and Key Club, among others. While class sizes are a little larger at Village Christian Academy, the student to teacher ratio is below the national average, with one teacher for every nine students.
ConclusionMoving to a new area can be stressful and making sure your child is enrolled in the best school or daycare facility is such a huge part of settling in. There are plenty of educational options to make sure your child’s mental and physical well-being will be taken care of. Use the above information to help narrow down the choices so you can focus your time and energy on other things, like finding your new favorite place to order takeout.
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts