Joint Base Elmendorf – RichardsonCommunity
The 673d Force Support Squadron operates the following food services on JBER-Elmendorf as part of the Air Force Food Transformation Initiative (FTI), managed by ARAMARK, the FTI contractor.
- The Iditarod Dining Facility at 8088 25th St. is in a wooded setting behind Glacier Hall dormitory and is open to anyone with base access and at the 673d Air Base Wing commander’s discretion. Dining is campus-style with a salad bar and six platform zones to choose from, among them the Main Line, Snack Line, Deli, Grab and Go, Mediterranean, and Restaurant Rotation. Go to www.aramarkcafe.com/USAF for hours and the Iditarod rotational menu.
- The Flight Kitchen within the Iditarod Dining Facility provides flight meals to aircrew (officer and enlisted) departing JBER and passengers (officer, enlisted, retiree and dependents) on military aircraft. Ground support box meals are also available for enlisted personnel unable to eat at the dining halls due to their work schedules. Civilians on TDY or participating in exercises must contact the Food Program Office, 907-384-2793/2790/7482 for box lunches. The Flight Kitchen is open for box lunch meals 24/7.
- The Grizzly Grill inside the Moose Run Golf Course Clubhouse, 27000 Arctic Valley Road, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Usual snack bar hours from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. will vary with the golf course’s seasonal changes. Call 907-384-1780.
- Provisions on Demand (POD) on the flightline, Bldg. 16710 is open to personnel with flightline access. It is a “grab and go” facility for hot and cold meals, snacks and beverages 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 907-551-0850 for more information.
The following NAF food facilities are open to anyone with base access and also are authorized dining areas for ESM Airmen:
- The seasonal T-Bar Grill at the Hillberg Ski Area operates during ski season only. Call 907-770-1870 for hours.
- Paradise Cafe in the Arctic Oasis Community Center is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. year-round. Call 907-552-0917.
- Pico ’n Salsa is open for breakfast 6:30 to 8 a.m. and for lunch 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 907-552-7172.
- Ten Pin (in the Polar Bowl) is open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday and Thursday; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday; 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and 1 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The 673d Force Support Squadron operates the Wilderness Inn in Building 647 on JBER-Richardson; it is not part of FTI.
- Wilderness Inn, a line-style dining facility, is open to all DOD ID Card holders. Call 907-384-6048.