FILMS, BITES, AND BREWS AWAIT AT ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE CINEMA MONTECILLO
By Buddy Blouin
If you’re looking for movies in El Paso, then you’ve gotta check out what’s playing at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo. Throw out what you think you know about going to the movies, and get ready to have your expectations destroyed. We’re talkin’ beautiful, crisp screens, outstanding sound quality, fun events, a range of entertainment options, delicious food items, and libations for every palette. This is a good place to bring the family but an even better one for a night out among adults. From date night to a group show, see why Alamo Drafthouse in El Paso continues to deliver an elevated movie experience.
Read next:The El Paso Country Club Is the Most Prestigious Golf Club in the City
Where Is This Located: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo El Paso?You’ll find Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo in west El Paso at 250 Montecillo Blvd., El Paso, TX 79912. It’s important to note that you’ll want to double-check your GPS before going, as there are two Alamo Drafthouses in El Paso. The other location is on the east side of the city. This venue’s proximity to Fort Bliss makes it an ideal location for military members and their families stationed on and around the military installation.
What To ExpectEverything is elevated at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo. From the eclectic mix of the newest blockbusters mixed with various classics to the mouthwatering menu to the auditorium seating and in-seat service, you won’t find a movie experience quite like this in all of El Paso, Texas:
- The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo menu provides crowd favorites, such as pizza, tacos, popcorn, and wings. You’ll also find a great range of craft beer, wines, signature cocktails, and much more. There’s even a kids’ menu for the little ones.
- The Alamo Drafthouse is affordable. General admission is $9.50 for shows after 6:00 p.m. on Monday through Thursday ($12.50 for 3D shows) and $10 for shows after 6:00 p.m. on Friday through Sunday ($13 for 3D shows). Special event pricing may vary.
- Kids between the ages of 6 and 11, as well as seniors aged 60 years and over, can enjoy discounted admission of $7 for regular shows and $10 for 3D.
- The first screening of each show before 12:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday costs only $6.00, though some special events may be excluded.
- Shows before 6:00 p.m. receive the matinee price of $7.50 ($10.50 for 3D shows).
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo showtimes will vary, though the box office is open 45 minutes before all scheduled show times.
- Be sure to get there early. Not only can you enjoy the Glass Half Full Taproom - Montecillo, but there's a rotating program of vintage cartoons and shorts that delight the 8 auditoriums before the featured show.
- Enjoy 4K viewing with a maximum capacity of 840 guests for a vibrant, intimate experience.
- 35 mm film showings are available.
Military Appreciation Wednesdays at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema MontecilloIf you're serving at Fort Bliss or any other military installation, then you're in luck. The Montecillo Alamo theater is providing special deals on movies as a thank you to those who serve when you present a valid military ID. Here’s what you need to know:
- Those with a valid military ID can enjoy $7 admission for regular shows and $10 admission for 3D shows.
- Concealed licensed handguns are allowed at Alamo Montecillo.
- The venue has hosted military appreciation weeks in the past, providing free tickets to those who serve. Keep a look out for periodic Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Montecillo events and promotions.
Suggested read:Beat the Heat in El Paso at the Lost Kingdom Water Park
Image: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema website
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts