23 OF THE BEST BARKSDALE AFB RESTAURANTS
By Sean Bess
IntroductionWelcome to Barksdale AFB! This award-winning base is located in Bossier City in the great state of Louisiana. Barksdale AFB is about a 25-minute drive into the city of Shreveport, a two and half hour drive to Dallas, Texas, and a three-hour drive to Jackson, Mississippi. Dating back to the 1930s, Barksdale AFB has 6,510 active duty and reservists, 4,880 family members, 2,420 civilians, and 40,000 retirees. With that many people around, you are bound to get some insider information on the best restaurants to dine in and around Barksdale AFB. But to help get you started, below is a list of food spots in the area. Maybe you already know what kind of food you’re in the mood for. If so, click any of the links below to go straight to the information. Because of coronavirus restrictions, it is best to call ahead to confirm restaurant hours before you go. (1-3) American Restaurants on Barksdale AFB (4) Fast Food on Barksdale AFB (5-8) Food Court Restaurants on Barksdale AFB (9) Barbeque Joints Near Barksdale AFB (10-13) Mexican Restaurants Near Barksdale AFB (14-15) Seafood Restaurants Near Barksdale AFB (16-17) Creole Restaurants Near Barksdale AFB (18-21) American Restaurants Near Barksdale AFB (22-23) Asian Restaurants Near Barksdale AFB
Suggested Read: Barksdale Air Force Base: In-Depth Welcome Center
Barksdale AFB RestaurantsOn Barksdale AFB, there is a variety of quick eats.
1. Flight Kitchen105 Lindbergh Rd. Bldg. 6402 Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
Phone: 1 (318) 456-8167 The Flight Kitchen serves a daily menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options each weekday.
2. Source Cafe104 Lindebergh Road Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
Phone: 1 (318) 456-5985 The Source Cafe has fresh sandwich and salad options, as well as burgers, wings, crispy chicken and healthy wraps. The Source serves breakfast Monday through Friday
3. Red River Dining Facility (DFAC)331 Curtis Road Bldg. 4631 Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
Phone: 1 (318) 456-8068 At the Red River Dining Facility, a soup and salad bar are available daily. Additionally, there is a pizza station and deli bar.
4. Charley's Grilled SubsCurtiss Rd. Bldg. 4711 Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
Phone: 1 (318) 746-2603
Barksdale AFB BX Food Court
5. Smoothie King455 Curtiss Road Bldg 4711. Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
Phone: 1 (318) 741-2335
6. Subway455 Curtiss Road Bldg. 4711 Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
Phone: 1 (318) 742-5445
7. Taco Bell455 Curtiss Road Bldg. 4711 Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
Phone: 1 (318) 746-2603
8. Starbucks455 Curtiss Road Bldg. 4711 Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
Phone: 1 (318) 742-7698
Restaurants In Bossier City, LAThere’s plenty to do around Barksdale AFB, especially in the nearby city of Bossier City. While you are off base exploring, make sure to keep an eye out for good eats in the area. These locations below include some of the most popular options in Bossier City and Shreveport, and surrounding areas.
9. Bodacious Bar-B-Q4706 Barksdale Blvd. Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 1 (318) 741-0778 Along with classic barbecue dishes, Bodacious Bar-B-Q is also serving up specialty dishes that fuse creole favorites and barbecue flavors, such as their brisket po’boy or their beignet fries and ice cream dessert.
10. Taqueria San Miguel4100 Barksdale Blvd. Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 1 (318) 584-7170 Swing by Taqueria San Miguel on Tuesdays for their “Taco Tuesday” special: 4 tacos for only $7.50.
11. El Mariachi Mexican Restaurant3500 Barksdale Blvd. Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 1 (318) 747-2348 El Mariachi Mexican Restaurant has fantastic lunch specials and live music every other weekend (Friday and Saturday nights).
12. Taqueria Bazzar Mexicano1352 Airline Dr. Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 1 (318) 742-3700 Taqueria Bazzar Mexicano offers up delicious Mexican dishes, including traditional soups and pupusas.
13. Nicky's Mexican Restaurant1400 Airline Dr. Bossier City, LA 71111
Phone: 1 (318) 746-8811 Nicky’s Mexican Restaurant has an extensive menu with everything you could hope to find at a Mexican restaurant and all for affordable prices. Make sure to try their stuffed avocado or their crawfish enchiladas if you’re feeling adventurous.
14. Shane's Seafood & BBQ4726 E Texas St. Bossier City, LA 71111
Phone: 1 (318) 742-8112 Can't decide between barbecue or seafood? Swing by Shane’s Seafood & BBQ and enjoy the best of both worlds.
15. Kim’s Seafood & Po-Boy Bossier901 Benton Rd #E Bossier City, LA 71111
Phone: 1 (318)752-2425 Kim’s Seafood & Po-Boy Bossier has all the seafood staples: popcorn shrimp, fried catfish, oysters, and more. However, they also have a few surprises for patrons wanting to try something new, such as crawfish eggrolls or shrimp and crawfish fried rice.
16. Gumbo to Geaux4100 Barksdale Blvd. Suite 112 Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 1 (318) 741-1901 As the name suggests, Gumbo to Geaux provides patrons with some of the best gumbos in town, as well as delicious étouffées and jambalayas.
17. Bayou Deli & Casserole Shop637 E. Kings Hwy. Shreveport, LA 71105
Phone: 1 (318) 754-4009 Bayou Deli & Casserole Shop has hot and cold sandwiches, including traditional options like the Reuben and not-so-traditional options like their Gator Po’Boy. They also have take-and-bake casseroles you can purchase and throw in the oven for a delicious, last-minute family meal.
18. Fat Tuesday's Sandwich Shop and Bakery1201 Shady Grove Dr. Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 1 (318) 734-0299 Look no further than Fat Tuesday’s Sandwich Shop and Bakery if you’re in the mood for fresh, classic Louisiana po’boys.
19. Cafe USA3380 Barksdale Blvd. Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 1 (318) 742-9600 Cafe USA provides a cozy diner atmosphere and serves up comfort food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
20. Patty Shack2826 Barksdale Blvd. Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 1 (318) 459-7794 Patty Shack is the place to visit when you’re craving burgers, hotdogs, chili-cheese fries, and other classics.
21. Griff's Hamburgers2920 Old Minden Rd. Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 1 (318) 747-5990 Griff’s Hamburgers took its cues from classic American diners and promises patrons delicious hamburgers, fries, and milkshakes. If you’re feeling especially hungry, make sure to try one of their “Giant Burgers.”
22. Spicy Bowl3416 Barksdale Blvd. Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 1 (318) 584-7034 If you’re in the mood for fresh sushi, Spicy Bowl has a wide variety of sushi rolls and nigiri options.
23. Lemongrass Asian Fusion Cuisine3244 Barksdale Blvd. Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 1 (318) 550-5698 Lemongrass Asian Fusion Cuisine offers a variety Vietnamese, Thai, and Chinese dishes.
ConclusionThese restaurants in and around Barksdale AFB certainly don’t represent everything in the area, but hopefully this list will give you a great place to start as you seek to satisfy your breakfast, lunch, and dinner cravings.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts