19 OF THE BEST EIELSON AFB THINGS TO DO
IntroductionWelcome to your new posting at Eielson AFB located right along the Tanana River in beautiful Alaska. Below we have listed a variety of possible things to do for you at your new home at Eielson AFB and nearby in the surrounding areas of Fairbanks and North Pole. Know what you are looking for? Check out the options below and see if anything jumps out at you. (1-2) Golfing (3-5) Gyms (6-7) Movie Theaters (8-9) Bowling Alleys (10-12) Outdoor Recreation (13-17) Nearby Attractions (18-19) Museums
Suggested Read:Eielson Air Force Base: In-Depth Welcome Center
Eielson AFB Things to Do
Eielson AFB Golf Courses
1. Chena Bend Golf Course2090 Montgomery Rd. Fort Wainwright, AK 99703
Phone:1 (907) 353-6223 Chena Bend Golf Course is a 6,476-yard, 18-hole course that offers golfers a driving range, putting green, pro shop, and The Turn Bar and Grill where visitors can grab some food and a drink.
2. Fairbanks Golf Course1735 Farmers Loop Rd. Fairbanks, AK 99709
Phone:1 (907) 479-6555 Fairbanks Golf Course is a 3,132 yard, 9-hole golf course. The course also offers lessons with a PGA professional.
Eielson AFB Gym
3. Baker Field House3301 Broadway Ave. Eielson AFB, AK 99702
Phone:1 (907) 377-1925 Baker Field House boasts cardio equipment, strength conditioning equipment, combat training equipment, basketball courts, racquetball courts, indoor track, turfed football field, batting cages, Arctic Warrior training arena, rock climbing wall, steam room, sauna, indoor pool, personal training options, massage therapy services, locker room, showers and more.
4. R&N GYM3009 Badger Rd. North Pole, AK 99705
Phone:1 (907) 987-0844 R&N Gym is veteran-owned and operates 24/7. The gym offers cardio equipment, free weights and personal training services.
5. Planet Fitness1255 Airport Way Fairbanks, AK 99701
Phone:1 (907) 374-4441 Planet Fitness strives to create an environment where anyone is welcome, regardless of one’s fitness level. Like most gyms, Planet Fitness offers an array of cardio machines, free weights and various weight machines. Additionally, Planet Fitness allows “Black Card” members to bring a guest anytime, use of tanning machines, use of massage chairs, 50% off drink purchases and 20% off purchases at reebok.com.
Eielson AFB Movies
6. Ernie Walker TheaterBuilding 3309 Eielson AFB, AK 99702
Phone:1 (907) 377-2642 Ernie Walker Theater is the perfect option for those who want to stay on base and watch a movie on the big screen.
7. Regal Goldstream & IMAX1855 Airport Way Fairbanks, AK 99701
Phone:1 (844) 462-7342 Regal Goldstream & IMAX features new releases and the option to watch in IMAX, as well as comfortable stadium seating and a fully stocked concession stand.
Eielson AFB Bowling Alley
8. Arctic Nite Lanes Bowling Center3301 Broadway Ave. Eielson AFB, AK 99702
Phone:1 (907) 377-1129 Arctic Nite Lanes Bowling Center has 12 lanes, available with bumpers, a state-of-the-art lighting system, daily specials and a pro shop that sells balls, shoes, travel cases and other bowling gear. There are also leagues available for various age groups and skill sets. Additionally, Arctic Nite Lanes Bowling Center offers a party room that can be booked for celebrations and special functions.
9. Arctic Bowl952 10th Ave. Fairbanks, AK 99701
Phone:1 (907) 456-7719 Arctic Bowl has a bar and snack bar for those visiting the lanes, as well as bowling leagues and tournaments.
Eielson AFB Outdoor Rec
10. North Pole Dog Park159 3rd Ave. North Pole, AK 99705 North Pole Dog Park is a beautifully maintained 5-acre area where you can safely let your dog off leash for some outdoor fun.
11. Snedden Memorial Park368 Slater Dr. Fairbanks, AK 99701
Phone:1 (907) 459-1070 Snedden Memorial Park offers visitors a barbecue grill, a picnic area and a playground, which makes it a perfect outing for families.
12. Pioneer Park2300 Airport Way Fairbanks, AK 99701 Phone: 1 (907) 459-1087 Pioneer Park is a 44-acre historical theme park located in the heart of Fairbanks.
13. Information, Tickets, and Travel354 FSS 354 Broadway Street Eielson Air Force Base, AK 99702
Phone:1 (907) 669-2536 Let Eielson AFB's Information, Tickets & Travel office take your vacations to the next level while saving you money. Here you can find discounted tickets to attractions such as Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, LEGOLAND Florida and more.
14. Fly Trampoline Park747 Old Richardson Hwy. Fairbanks, AK 99701
Phone:1 (907) 457-5867 Fly Trampoline Park is a 24,000 square foot trampoline complex covered with interconnected padded trampolines.
15. Top of the World Arcade721 Gaffney Rd. Fairbanks, AK 99701
Phone:1 (907) 456-2763 Top of the World Arcade offers visitors video games, pinball machines, pool, air hockey and a snack bar.
16. Arctic Sun VR1800 Airport Way Fairbanks, AK 99701
Phone:1 (907) 456-2787 Arctic Sun VR is a virtual reality and PC gaming arcade that offers guests VR racing simulators and high-end PC gaming stations.
17. Laser Tag of Alaska2910 Glacier State Dr. North Pole, AK 99705
Phone:1 (907) 490-2672 Laser Tag of Alaska is committed to giving its visitors a fun laser tag experience in a safe and family-friendly setting.
Eielson AFB Museums
18. Fairbanks Community Museum535 2nd Ave. #215 Fairbanks, AK 99701
Phone:1 (907) 457-3669 Fairbanks Community Museum serves to commemorate everything from the gold rush era to the great floods of the 1960s.
19. Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum212 Wedgewood Dr. Fairbanks, AK 99701
Phone:1 (907) 450-2100 The Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum houses more than 95 pre-World War II automobiles, as well as horseless carriages, steamers, electric cars, speedsters, cyclecars, '30s classics and more.
ConclusionWe hope that this guide proves helpful as you get settled in at your new posting at Eielson AFB. As you can see from this list, Eielson AFB is sure to provide you, your family and your friends with plenty of fun opportunities as you’re out and about exploring the area. The sites and attractions around Eielson AFB offer residents a variety of indoor and outdoor options that are sure to help you make some memories. Whatever your particular interests, there are several establishments around town for you to discover and enjoy. Just don’t forget about all of the beauty that Alaska has to offer. After all, it is known as “The Last Frontier,” so make sure to get outdoors and soak up the natural wonder.
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts