Ellsworth AFB Community
Enjoy an On-Base Vacation at Ellsworth AFB FamCamp
When you think “vacation,” your first thought might be to go somewhere far away from home. If you like camping, however, you may change your mind once you see all that Ellsworth AFB FamCamp has to offer. Explore their amenities, rules, and more below.
Suggested read: 20 of the Best Ellsworth AFB Restaurants
Ellsworth AFB FamCamp Amenities
When you take part in Ellsworth AFB FamCamp camping, you won’t be disappointed. To start off, there’s a hearty number of camping sites – 51, to be exact. Twenty-one sites on their grounds are pull-thru, while 30 are back-in spots.
In addition to the plentiful number of sites, which make it so that you almost always have a place to stay, Ellsworth AFB camping also offers the following amenities:
- Free WiFi for all staying at the camp.
- Free washers and dryers for anyone who needs them.
- Free shower facility.
- Handicap shower accessibility.
- Free coffee and donuts at the Rec Lodging office.
- A roomy pet walking area along the north side of the grounds.
- Quiet hours.
- Six-month early reservation options.
The sites are made with concrete level pads, 30/50 amp power hookups, water, and sewer. In the winter months, water is shut off to avoid pipes freezing. Overflow campsites do not provide water.
FamCamp Rules and Regulations
To ensure that all military members and authorized personnel have the best possible experience at Ellsworth AFB FamCamp, all patrons are expected to adhere to certain rules and regulations. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Check-in is at 2:00 p.m. local time.
- Check-out is at 11:00 a.m. local time.
- Quiet hours last from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. local time.
- Reservations must be made by phone or in person.
- To receive a refund for cancellation, you must call and cancel with 24 hours notice, or else you’ll be ineligible for refund.
- Guests are responsible for any and all damages.
- You must have base access to stay at recreational lodging.
Ellsworth AFB FamCamp Prices
Prices for staying at your on-base campground are incredibly affordable. Depending on your status and when you’re camping out, pricing will change.
- May through September: $39.00/night
- October through April: $15.00/night
- Tent camping: $5.00/night
- Overflow camping: $15.00/night
Other Authorized Users
- May through September: $54.00/night
- October through April: $30.00/night
If you’re curious about the layout and look of the sites before you make your reservations, you can check out Ellsworth AFB FamCamp photos and maps here.
Enjoy Your Stay!
Need to know where you can find Ellsworth AFB FamCamp campground? Rapid City is the closest well-known area, and Ellsworth is just east of it. You can find the campground by entering through Commercial Gate Rd., turning right on Lemay Blvd. (which turns into N Ellsworth Rd.), turning left onto Lincoln Drive, and then taking a final right into the FamCamp immediately after your left turn.
Make your reservation today and see what everyone is raving about at Ellsworth AFB FamCamp!
Read next: Ellsworth Air Force Base: In-Depth Welcome Center