Fort Bragg Community
Why You Should Bank at the Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union
Not all banking institutions are the same, and the fine folks at the Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union (FBFCU) prove this in the best way. There are locations throughout Fort Bragg and the surrounding areas which offer a variety of banking services to their customers with service that cannot be beaten.
For more than six decades, FBFCU has been serving the military members and residents that call Fort Bragg and its neighboring cities home. No matter if you are looking for a home loan, financial resources, investments, or a checking account you can trust, Ft. Bragg Federal Credit Union has a solution for your needs.
Suggested read: Fort Bragg NC: In-Depth Welcome Center
The History of Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union in Fayetteville, NC
Founded in 1960, FBFCU is a non-profit financial cooperative that services members living in the Fayetteville, North Carolina, and Fort Bragg region. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) regulates the credit union as FBFCU continues to help foster commerce among its members operating in Cumberland, Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Moore, Robeson, and Scotland counties.
Today, you can find several branches and ATM locations throughout North Carolina, as the financial institution continues to thrive. Besides assisting its members with helpful financial services, FBFCU continues to also give back to the state it calls home, such as Fort Bragg Family & MWR, United Way of Cumberland County, Support Military Families, Cape Fear Valley Health Foundation, Family Promise of Fayetteville, and the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation and Victory Junction.
Because Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union cares about its members, it continues to find ways to enhance its banking experience. For example, in 2021, FBFCU had a strong financial year and passed on some of this good fortune to 21,800+ members through the form of dividends. Paying $1 million in loyalty dividends, some members received as much as $500 just for being a member.
The future of FBFCU is still unwritten, but this financial institution has seen and overcome any market imaginable and continues to put its members first. If you are looking for stability in your banking, look no further.
Financial Services for Members
A financial institution has more to do than ever in today’s world, as the way we manage our finances and conduct business continues to evolve. Nevertheless, Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union continues to provide modern, innovative solutions and services to its members:
- FBFCU provides checking and savings accounts with generous interest rates.
- Online banking to handle your money when and where you need it.
- Education and resources are available, some with a specific focus on assisting military families who might have uncommon circumstances.
- Various loans are available, including mortgages, personal loans, business loans, and car loans. There are even loans specific for military members who may be in need of short-term financial assistance to avoid unseemly or unethical loans from alternative means.
- Members receive rewards on “my$pend,” a program that rewards you for using your Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union Visa® Credit Card on purchases.
- FBFCU members receive free identity theft protection.
Many banks are vying for your business, but Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union isn’t just a business; it’s a place that cares about those who rely on its services. Big or small, ordinary or not, the staff at FBFCU is ready to help you make sound financial decisions through education, guidance, and attractive banking options.
What Time Does Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union Close?
FBFCU’s branches are open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The Skibo Road location, however, is also open on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Here are some additional important pieces of information to help get you more familiar with the credit union:
- The Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union routing number is 253175737.
- Its board is made up of volunteer members who will vote on decisions from time to time, meaning members have direct input into their financial institution.
- Your FBFCU Visa® Credit Card can be used wherever Visa® is accepted, even overseas. It’s important to note, however, that some countries may be excluded from use for security purposes.
- Bill payment service is available for members.
If you are living in or near Fayetteville, NC, Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union is a banking option you and your family should inquire about. For more information, their frequently asked questions section is a popular resource to learn more.
More on Fort Bragg: Top 5 Best Sites for Camping Near Fort Bragg, NC