20 OF THE BEST RESTAURANTS NEAR HANSCOM AFB
By Sean Bess
IntroductionWelcome to Hanscom AFB, located about 23 miles northwest of Boston, Massachusetts. Hanscom AFB was originally built in 1941 and today serves a total workforce of 10,306 people, 899 active duty members, 400 Massachusetts National Guard members, 1,743 LCMC civilians, 555 DOD civilians, 170 non-appropriated fund civilians, 92 non-DOD civilians, 2,208 contractors, and 4,058 MIT Lincoln Lab individuals. Below you will find a list of popular restaurants on base and in the surrounding area of Boston, MA where you can spend some time sharing a meal and getting to know some new friends and coworkers at Hanscom AFB. Maybe you already know what kind of food you’re in the mood for. If so, click any of the links below to go straight to the information. Because of coronavirus restrictions, it is best to call ahead to confirm restaurant hours before you go. (1) Coffee on Hanscom AFB (2) American Restaurants on Hanscom AFB (3) Pizza on Hanscom AFB (4-5) Barbecue Near Hanscom AFB (6-8) Mexican Cuisine Near Hanscom AFB (9-11) Steak and Seafood Restaurants near Hanscom AFB (12-14) Asian Cuisine near Hanscom AFB (15-16) Burgers near Hanscom AFB (17) Delis near Hanscom AFB (18-19) Italian Cuisine near Hanscom AFB (20) Cajun Cuisine near Hanscom AFB
Suggested Read: Hanscom AFB: In-Depth Welcome Center
Hanscom AFB RestaurantsOn Hanscom AFB there is a variety of quick eats.
1. Dunkin’ Donuts100 Eglin St. Bldg. 1709 B. Hanscom AFB, MA 01731
Phone: 1 (781) 274-9910
2. Dino's Canteen11 Elgin Street Bldg. 1618 (behind 1612) Hanscom AFB, MA 01731
Phone: N/A Dino's Canteen serves up a diverse selection of daily specials, including chicken wings, empanadas, dumplings, and more.
3. Pizza Mia Hanscom98 Barksdale St. Hanscom AFB, MA 01731
Phone: 1 (781) 274-6000 In addition to offering delicious pizza options, Pizza Mia Hanscom also offers wraps, sandwiches, salads, pasta, and burgers.
Best Restaurants the Boston, MA
Best Barbecue in Boston
4. Blue Ribbon BBQ908 Massachusetts Ave Arlington, MA 02476 Phone: 1 (781) 648-7427 Blue Ribbon BBQ first opened in 1995 and they cook all of their barbecue at low temperatures for long periods of time over oak and hickory hardwoods. Swing by and try one of their specials, such as their Buffalo Chicken Cheese Grits and their Spicy Smoked Kielbasa Sandwich.
5. Redbones Barbecue55 Chester St Somerville, MA 02144
Phone: 1 (617) 628-2200 Redbones Barbecue boasts delicious barbecue entrees, such as their brisket and their St. Louis-style ribs, as well as pit grilled burgers, charred seafood, and more.
Mexican Restaurants in Boston
6. Temazcal Burlington2 Wall St. Burlington, MA 01803
Phone: 1 (781) 272-9700 Temazcal Burlington is an upscale Mexican restaurant with unique spins on classic Tex-Mex. Drop by and try their lobster guacamole or their braised short rib tacos.
7. Ixtapa Mexican Grill & Cantina349 Main St Woburn, MA 01801
Phone: 1 (781) 759-1250 Ixtapa Mexican Grill & Cantina is sure to have all of your favorite Mexican dishes but make sure to stop by on Tuesday for their $1 “Taco Tuesday” special.
8. Acitron Cocina Mexicana473 Massachusetts Ave Arlington, MA 02474
Phone: 1 (781) 777-2839 Acitron Cocina Mexicana boasts familiar Tex-Mex staples, such as quesadillas and taquitos, as well as some lesser-known authentic Mexican options, such as elote and molotes.
Steak and Seafood Restaurants in Boston
9. The Bancroft15 3rd Ave. Burlington, MA 01803
Phone: 1 (781) 221-2100 Stop by The Bancroft and try one of their incredible dishes: Boston clam chowder, Maine lobster bisque, 28-day prime-aged ribeye, and a whole lot more.
10. Eddie V's. Prime Seafood50 South Ave Burlington, MA 01803
Phone: 1 (781) 221-7151 At Eddie V's Prime Seafood you can expect to find a variety of mouth-watering seafood, including oysters, shrimp, lobster, jumbo lump crab, caviar, and more.
11. black & blue steak and crab400 District Ave. Burlington, MA 01803
Phone: 1 (781) 365-1626 Not only does black & blue steak and crab offer guests a wide selection of seafood and steak options, but they also have a “Trust Our Fish” program so that guests know that the restaurant’s seafood has come straight off the boat.
Best Asian Restaurants in Boston
12. Umi Fine Japanese & Asian Cuisine475 Winter St. Waltham, MA 02451
Phone: 1 (781) 890-0089 If you are craving fresh sushi options, look no further than Umi Fine Japanese & Asian Cuisine.
13. Karma105 Thoreau St Concord, MA 01742
Phone: 1 (978) 776-6631 Technically Karma is just outside Boston city limits but their guests love the range of options from Chinese and Japanese dishes, Malaysian curry dishes, to sushi and sashimi.
14. Asian Gourmet Restaurant794 Elm St Concord, MA 01742
Phone: 1 (978) 369-8114 Another restaurant just on the outskirts of Boston, Asian Gourmet Restaurant boasts authentic Chinese and Taiwanese cuisine, as well as Hibachi seating.
Burgers in Boston
15. Burgerim Gourmet Burgers90 Middlesex Turnpike Burlington, MA 01803
Phone: 1 (781) 221-6237 Burgerim Gourmet Burgers offers creative, delicious spins on the classic burger. Try their Spanish Beef burger or their Greek Lamb burger.
16. WUBurger880 Main St. Woburn, MA 01801
Phone: 1 (781) 281-0277 At WUBurger you can sit and enjoy burgers, fries, sandwiches, hot dogs, and ice cream.
Best Deli in Boston
17. Avenue Deli1806 Massachusetts Ave. Lexington, MA 02420 Phone: 1 (781) 862-1806 Avenue Deli boasts a large selection of classic deli sandwiches, wraps, salads, and their own signature sandwiches.
Best Italian Restaurants in Boston
18. Mario's Italian Restaurant1733 Massachusetts Ave Lexington, MA 02420
Phone: 1 (781) 861-1182 Mario's Italian Restaurant offers diners a variety of lasagnas, spaghetti, and ravioli.
19. Osteria Nino19 3rd Ave. Burlington, MA 01803 Phone: 1 (781) 272-1600 At Osteria Nino you can enjoy one of their wood-fired pizzas or class Italian entrees, such as chicken piccata or eggplant parm.
20. Shaking Crab203 Adams St. Newton, MA 02458 Phone: 1 (617) 795-1630 Shaking Crab is the place to go if you are craving creole flavors. They offer guests spicy calamari, crawfish, fried catfish po’boys, and more.
ConclusionWe hope that you find the time to enjoy the restaurants that made our list. These restaurants represent local favorites, but they are just a few of the many food options around Hanscom AFB, so make sure you go out and about and see what other hidden, local food spots you can find.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts