TOP 5 BEST SITES FOR CAMPING NEAR FORT BRAGG, NC
By Buddy Blouin
Going camping near Fort Bragg, NC, can provide you with a unique experience while visiting the base. This is an especially attractive option for those who love the great outdoors, as many of the campgrounds mentioned below have plenty of recreational opportunities that can show you some of the natural beauty found in the region. The Old North State has plenty to offer, and we’ve got you covered on the best places to make your camping experience a memorable one.
Suggested read:The Best Fort Bragg Museum To Visit Near Base
The Best Campsites Near Fort BraggCampers in North Carolina have plenty of options, but in the Fort Bragg area, we’ve narrowed down the best. Whether you are passing through or making Fayetteville your destination, here are the best Fort Bragg camping spots to enjoy when you find yourself in this part of the Tar Heel State:
Fayetteville RV Resort & CottagesAround 24 miles east of Fort Bragg is Fayetteville RV Resort & Cottages, which, as the name would suggest, is a campground that also offers cottages to its guests. Known for its community events, recreational activities, and complimentary waffle breakfasts on Saturday, this is a great place to unwind away from the city but still remain in proximity to urban amenities and the base. Find it at 6250 Wade-Stedman Rd., Wade, NC 28395.
Spacious Skies Campgrounds - Sandy RunAny and everything you could want in a modern campground can be found here at Spacious Skies Campgrounds - Sandy Run. There are pull-thru sites, WiFi, recreational activities, a fishing pond, a laundromat, showers, and tons of other amenities. Featuring more than 60 campsites, you’ll find this campground located at 821 Lazy Acres St., Fayetteville, NC 28306; the campground is around 30 minutes from Fort Bragg.
Tips for Camping Near Fayetteville, NCNow that you know where to stay, it’s time to prepare accordingly. Here are a few recommendations to help your trip near Fort Bragg and Fayetteville be a success:
- Prepare for some hilly terrain. It won’t be overwhelming, but it is a geographical feature in the area.
- Pack a bathing suit and some fishing gear; there are plenty of bodies of water for you to enjoy responsibly.
- You’ll also want to make sure you have your hiking gear, as you shouldn’t let the beautiful trails in the region go to waste.
- History enthusiasts will feel right at home with a variety of historical options throughout the region, including The Airborne and Special Operations Museum.
- Wrightsville Beach is only a day trip away from the area. It’s a two-hour drive, but you’ll have your toes in the sand overlooking the beauty found in the Atlantic Ocean.
Plan Your Next Camping Trip Near Fort Bragg TodayIf you are an avid camper or looking to visit Fort Bragg in general, these campsites will see you through it. Camping near Fort Bragg, NC, can lead to other adventures and is a great option for lodging. From traditional tents to fully-loaded RVs, there’s something for everyone in the area. Your adventure awaits!
More like this:42 Of the Best Things to Do in Fort Bragg, NC
camping near fort bragg nc
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts