23 OF THE BEST HILL AFB RESTAURANTS
By Sean Bess
IntroductionWelcome to Hill AFB located in Davis County, Utah. Hill AFB is the third largest airfare base in the United States based on size and population. Additionally, Hill AFB is the largest single-site employer in the entire state of Utah, boasting more than 22,000 military and civilian employees. There are a lot of ways to get to know those you will be working alongside, but one of the best ways is to sit down and share a meal. Below is a list of great restaurants on base and in the surrounding area of Ogden where you can spend some time breaking bread with others. Maybe you already know what kind of food you’re in the mood for. If so, click any of the links below to go straight to the information. Because of coronavirus restrictions, it is best to call ahead to confirm restaurant hours before you go. (1) Pizza on Hill AFB (2) Seafood on Hill AFB (3-6) Fast Food on Hill AFB (7-10) Asian near Hills AFB (11-14) Burgers and Sandwiches near Hill AFB (15) Greek Restaurants near Hill AFB (16) Barbecue Restaurants near Hill AFB (17) Wings near Hill AFB (18) Hawaiian and Filipino Restaurants near Hill AFB (19) Argentine Restaurants near Hill AFB (20-23) Mexican Restaurants near Hill AFB
Suggested Read:Hill Air Force Base: In-Depth Welcome Center
Hill AFB RestaurantsOn Hill AFB there is a variety of quick eats.
Phone:1 (801) 773-3023
2. 808 Wild Tuna7440 6th St. Building 420 Hill AFB, UT 84056
Phone:1 (385) 206-8883 808 Wild Tuna is a great on-base option for those craving some quick and delicious Hawaiian cuisine.
3. Subway5843 E. Ave. Bldg. 412 Hill AFB, UT 84056
Phone:1 (801) 825-8584
4. Charley’s Cheesesteaks5845 E. Ave. Bldg 412 Hill AFB, UT 84056
Phone:1 (801) 825-8584 Charley’s Cheesesteaks offers a variety of Philly-style cheesesteaks and loaded fries.
5. Burger King7440 6th St. Hill AFB, UT 84056
Phone:1 (801) 774-9093
6. Arby’s5845 E. Ave. Bldg. 412 Hill AFB, UT 84056
Phone:1 (801) 825-8584
Best Restaurants Near Ogden, UtahThere’s plenty to eat around Hill AFB. While you are out and about exploring the area, make sure to be on the lookout for any new, interesting restaurants that catch your eye. These locations below include some of the most popular options around Hill AFB.
7. La Choi's Noodle Parlor325 State St. Clearfield, UT 84015
Phone:1 (801) 728-9888 La Choi’s Noodle Parlor offers both Chinese and American favorites, such as Mongolian beef and hamburgers.
8. Ros Ni Yuhm Thai Restaurant1813 Main St. Sunset, UT 84015
Phone:1 (801) 896-0366 Ros Ni Yuhm Thai Restaurant has all of your favorite Thai dishes, including drunken noodle, pad Thai, and more.
9. Thai Khao Kaeng Express & Pizzeria5357 S. 1900 W Roy, UT 84067
Phone:1 (801) 217-3424 If you are torn between Thai food and pizza, then Thai Khao Kaeng Express & Pizzeria is the spot for you. No other restaurant in town offers both pizza and pad Thai.
10. Tepanyaki Japanese Steakhouse1386 Legend Hills Dr. Clearfield, UT 84015
Phone:1 (801) 775-8813 Tepanyaki Japanese Steakhouse offers guests the popular Japanese steakhouse experience with your meal prepared right before your eyes.
Burgers and Sandwiches
11. Crown Burgers1986 Main St. Layton, UT 84041
Phone:1 (801) 773-1700 Crown Burgers has been in business since 1978, and they claim to have the best burgers in Utah. Take a trip to Crown Burgers and see if you agree!
12. Burger Bar5291 S. 1900 W. Roy, UT 84067
Phone:1 (801) 825-8961 If you are looking for that classic Americana burger joint experience, then make sure to visit Burger Bar, which has been in business since 1956.
13. Philadelphia Sub Shop189 State St., Ste. 125 Clearfield, UT 84015
Phone:1 (801) 825-2844 Philadelphia Sub Shop serves sandwiches in the traditional Philadelphia style, with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, hot pepper relish, mayonnaise, mustard, oil, and provolone cheese
14. The Habit Burger Grill508 Antelope Dr. Layton, UT 84041
Phone:1 (801) 825-2434 The Habit Burger Grill boasts burgers and milkshakes done right. They also offer family bundles, which will help you save some money if you are eating with the whole family.
15. Greek Olive1901-1975 5450 S. St. Roy, UT 84067
Phone:1 (801) 820-5617 Greek Olive serves up chicken gyros, mediterranean salmon, falafels and other incredible Greek menu items. They also offer vegetarian options.
BBQ Restaurants in Layton, Utah
16. Holy Smoke BBQ & Grill855 N Heritage Park Blvd. Layton, UT 84041
Phone:1 (801) 614-5011 Holy Smoke BBQ & Grill offers a daily special for $8.25 that includes a main dish, a side, and a drink.
Best Wings in Clearfield, UT
17. WINGERS Restaurant743 N Main St. Clearfield, UT 84015
Phone:1 (801) 779-3322 WINGERS Restaurant is the place to go if you are craving wings. but they also offer a variety of other dishes—such as, soups, salads, burgers, tacos, and more.
Hawaiian and Filipino Cuisine
18. Dakine Grindz Restaurant, Food Truck & Catering - Hawaiian and Filipino Cuisine465 N. Main St., Suite 11 A Sunset, UT 84015
Phone:1 (808) 495-5932 If you are in the mood for something out of the ordinary, consider trying Dakine Grindz Restaurant, Food Truck & Catering - Hawaiian and Filipino Cuisine. The owner was born in the Philippines and raised in Hawaii, so you can expect to find some delicious fusion cuisine.
19. Argentine Corner442 N Main St # J Clearfield, UT 84015
Phone:1 (801) 773-9909 Swing by Argentine Corner and enjoy homemade, Argentina-style family recipes.
20. Manuel's El Burrito Restaurant & Cantina1145 State St. Clearfield, UT 84015
Phone:1 (801) 773-7579 Manuel's El Burrito Restaurant & Cantina is a local favorite and has been voted best Mexican food in Utah for over 41 years.
21. Rancherito's Mexican Food5650 S 1900 W Roy, UT 84067
Phone:1 (801) 774-8021 Rancherito's Mexican Food offers up delicious Mexican food and serves up breakfast burritos all day.
22. Beto's Mexican Food293 Main St. Clearfield, UT 84015
Phone:1 (801) 825-5084 Beto's Mexican Food has been in business for over 20 years and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
23. Maria's Mexican Restaurant1479 E. 5600 S. A. Ogden, UT 84403
Phone:1 (801) 479-7717 Maria's Mexican Restaurant boasts the best enchiladas in town made with their special, house enchilada sauce from scratch with fresh ingredients.
ConclusionThis list of local restaurants should help get you started as you eat your way through the city and seek to satisfy your tastebuds. However, keep in mind that there are plenty of other options around Hill AFB, so hopefully you will be able to do some exploring with friends and family and discover new favorite food spots around your new home.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts