17 OF THE BEST RESTAURANTS NEAR NAS OCEANA
By Sean Bess
IntroductionWelcome to NAS Oceana, located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. NAS Oceana is only about 20 miles east of Norfolk, Virginia, about 109 miles southeast of Richmond, Virginia, and about 204 miles northeast of Raleigh, North Carolina. NAS Oceana was originally built in 1941 and today serves approximately 10,500 active Navy personnel, about 10,000 family members, and 4,500 civilian personnel. Below you will find a list of popular restaurants on NAS Oceana and the best restaurants according to the locals in the surrounding areas of Virginia Beach. Maybe you already know what kind of food you’re in the mood for. If so, click any of the links below to go straight to the information. Because of coronavirus restrictions, it is best to call ahead to confirm restaurant hours before you go. (1) Coffee on NAS Oceana (2-3) Burgers and Sandwiches on NAS Oceana (4-5) Asian Restaurants on NAS Oceana (6) Sweet Treats on NAS Oceana (7-9) Mexican Restaurants near NAS Oceana (10-11) Steak and Seafood Restaurants near NAS Oceana (12-13) Burger Restuarants near NAS Oceana (14-15) Italian Restaurants near NAS Oceana (16-17) Asian Restaurants near NAS Oceana
Suggested Read:NAS Oceana: In-Depth Welcome Center
NAS Oceana RestaurantsOn NAS Oceana there is a variety of quick eats located inside the main exchange.
1. StarbucksNAS Oceana Main Exchange Tomcat Blvd. Bldg. 292 Virginia Beach, VA 23460
Phone:1 (757) 471-3410
Burgers and Sandwiches
2. SubwayNAS Oceana Main Exchange Tomcat Blvd. Bldg. 292 Virginia Beach, VA 23460
Phone:1 (757) 437-3912
3. Wendy’sNAS Oceana Main Exchange Tomcat Blvd. Bldg. 292 Virginia Beach, VA 23460
Phone:1 (757) 716-8534
4. Rice King Oriental FoodNAS Oceana Main Exchange Tomcat Blvd. Bldg. 292 Virginia Beach, VA 23460
Phone:1 (757) 437-2717
Phone:1 (757) 422-0333
6. Auntie Anne'sNAS Oceana Main Exchange Tomcat Blvd. Bldg. 292 Virginia Beach, VA 23460
Phone:1 (757) 428-0716 Swing by Auntie Anne’s to enjoy some sweet or savory soft pretzel options with a wide selection of toppings and dips to choose from.
Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Mexican Restaurant, Virginia Beach
7. Las Palmas 2 Mexican1009 Lynnhaven Mall Loop Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Phone:1 (757) 463-5100 Las Palmas 2 Mexican offers all of your favorite Tex-Mex cuisine, as well as a large variety of margarita options and deserts.
8. Mi Casita Mexican Grill689 Phoenix Dr. Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Phone:1 (757) 431-0333 Mi Casita Mexican Grill was voted one of the 2020 Top 5 Local Best Mexican restaurants, so if you’re craving Mexican food make sure to stop by this award-winning establishment.
9. Gran Rodeo1909 Landstown Centre Way Suite #130 Virginia Beach, VA 23456 Phone: 1 (757) 499-3866 Gran Rodeo, a family owned Mexican restaurant, promises patrons high-quality Mexican dishes and fresh-made margaritas at affordable prices.
Steak And Seafood Restaurants in Virginia Beach
10. Black Angus Restaurant706 Atlantic Ave. Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Phone:1 (757) 428-7700 Black Angus Restaurant is the longest operating restaurant in the area. Try their crab cakes, chargrilled oysters, filet mignon, lamb chops, or lobster tail.
11. Zoes Steak & Seafood713 19th St. Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Phone:1 (757) 437-3636 Zoes Steak & Seafood is the 2019 Diner’s Choice award winner. This restaurant boasts beef tartare, oysters, wagyu burgers, ribeyes, and wagyu tenderloins.
Burger Restaurants in Virginia Beach
12. Iggles Cheesesteaks & Burgers2678 Virginia Beach Blvd. Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Phone:1 (757) 340-0317 Iggles Cheesesteaks & Burgers boasts authentic Philly-style cheesesteaks and mouth watering burger selections.
13. Oishii Burger4402 Princess Anne Rd. UNIT 111 Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Phone:1 (757) 467-8636 Oishii Burger offers guests unique, Japanese-inspired burgers. In addition to burgers, this establishment also serves up bao buns, tacos, wings, and more.
Italian Restaurants in Virginia Beach
14. Aldo's Ristorante1860 Laskin Rd. Virginia Beach, VA 23454
Phone:1 (757) 491-1111 Aldo’s Ristorante first opened in 1988 and offers patrons a blend of a family friendly and fine dining atmosphere. The restaurant boasts sommeliers to help you pair your meal with the perfect wine. Try their fettuccine alfredo, lasagna, meatball pasta, or their chicken parmesan.
15. Reginella's Italian Ristorante4000 Virginia Beach Blvd. Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Phone:1 (757) 498-9770 Reginella’s Italian Ristorante was opened by a native of Naples, Italy. He wanted to bring the world-renowned wood-fired pizzas from his home in Naples to the people of Virginia Beach, Virginia. Stop by to try their pizzas, calzones, strombolis, pasta, and more.
16. Forbidden Palace Chinese Bar & Bistro3333 Virginia Beach Blvd. #34 Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Phone:1 (757) 747-2388 Forbidden Palace Chinese Bar & Bistro offers guests Cantonese cuisine, Szechuan cuisine, and Chinese cuisine. If you are craving sushi, this restaurant offers guests a large menu of fresh sushi roll options. Try their soups, noodle dishes, fried rice options, or their sushi burrito.
17. Golden City III207 25th St. Virginia, VA 23451
Phone:1 (757) 422-3388 Golden City III has a large menu and is sure to have your favorite Chinese menu items. Try their boneless spare ribs, their chicken teriyaki, or one of the many noodle dishes, fried rice dishes, and chef specials.
ConclusionWe hope that this list we have compiled proves helpful as you get settled in at your new posting at NAS Oceana. This list represents a few of the locals’ favorite eating establishments, so make sure you set aside some time to visit at least a few of the restaurants that made our list. Of course, these restaurants are only a small selection of all that the area has to offer. Whether you are in the mood for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, there are a variety of excellent food spots in and around NAS Oceana that are certain to satisfy your cravings.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts