WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU TEE OFF AT THE SHALIMAR POINTE GOLF CLUB
By Buddy Blouin
The Shalimar Pointe Golf Club features an 18-hole Finger-Dye-designed course that is open to the public. You’ll find the club tucked away drawing inspiration from the natural landscape of Northwest Florida, providing you with the highest level of play. There are challenging, strategically placed bunkers throughout the course, which is adorned with perfectly kept greens and beautiful trees all around. The course is nestled along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay and provides guests with various amenities and features. Among these include a newly renovated clubhouse, a bar and grill, and a pro shop for all of your needs. The practice area gives golfers a chance to further hone their skills before hitting a round, featuring a large driving range, a putting green, and a chipping green. Located less than 4.5 miles from Eglin AFB, the Shalimar Pointe Golf and Country Club is a great location for active-duty members of the military to relax, dine, or engage in a little friendly competition.
More like this:19 of the Best Things to Do Near Eglin AFB
Shalimar Pointe Golf Course General InformationThere’s something about the game of golf that just can’t be replicated in any other way. At the Shalimar Pointe Golf Club, you’ll soon agree that the course is a fitting place for the game adored by so many. Located at 302 Country Club Rd., Shalimar, FL 32579, you’ll find an atmosphere that is hard to beat. Here’s some important information about the course before you book your tee time:
- Shalimar Pointe Golf is played on an 18-hole championship course featuring a Finger/Dye design with a par 72 (6,765 yards).
- There are five sets of tees on each hole.
- The pro shop has everything you need for a round of golf, and if they don’t, they’ll get it to you within 24 hours.
- The Grill at Shalimar Pointe Golf Club continues to deliver delicious bites and drinks to their patrons. Catering services and special events are available for booking.
- Memberships are available, and they come with a variety of perks, including unlimited play, member-only events/tournaments, lessons, and more.
Hours, Rates, and RenovationsThe clubhouse to the Shalimar Pointe Golf Club has undergone a facelift and is proudly available to serve guests and members with a new look. That means that if you want to enjoy a bite or head to the pro shop, you can do so today. However, it’s going to be a minute before any tee times can be honored. The Shalimar Pointe Golf Club will be continuing its renovation process for a few more months, but not to worry, you can begin hitting the links again with a brand new look beginning October 1, 2022. The course is open seven days a week with the following rates:
- 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., $44.00.
- 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., $54.00.
- After 2:00 p.m., $25.00.
- Rates include half the cart fee. Accommodations can be made for extra riders; however, additional charges may apply.
- Taxes are not included.
- Military members can receive 20% off of standard rates with a valid military ID.
Shalimar Pointe Golf Club Is a Hole in One for Eglin AFBBeautiful landscaping, challenging holes, delicious bites, and a generous discount on top of it all make Shalimar Pointe Golf Club the perfect place to learn the game of golf over and over again. Grab some friends or just go out and swing alone; either way, you won’t regret spending some time away from it all and just enjoying the beautiful game we all know and love. Remember, October 1 is when the action gets started again on the course, but there are still many fun and tasty things to do in the clubhouse before we get ready to book a tee time this fall.
Related read:23 of the Best Eglin AFB Restaurants
shalimar pointe golf club
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts