23 OF THE BEST THINGS TO DO IN NAVAL BASE VENTURA COUNTY
By Sean Bess
IntroductionWelcome to your new posting at Naval Base Ventura County, located in Port Hueneme, California. In order to help you get acclimated to your new home, Naval Base Ventura County MWR offers a variety of services, including outdoor recreation activities and community events. Naval Base Ventura County is located about 50 miles southeast of Santa Barbara, about 20 miles northwest of Malibu, and about 40 miles northwest of Santa Monica. The area in the immediate vicinity of Naval Base Ventura County offers a variety of exciting indoor and outdoor activities for people of all ages. Below, each of the activities and things to do in Naval Base Ventura County are organized into distinct categories. Related read: Naval Base Ventura County: In-Depth Welcome Center
Naval Base Ventura County Things to Do
1. Seabee Golf CourseNaval CBC Port Hueneme Port Hueneme, CA 93041 Phone: 1 (805) 982-2620 Seabee Golf Course is a 9-hole golf course that boasts a driving range, putting green, a pro shop, locker rooms, golf lessons, and golf club and golf cart rentals.
2. River Ridge Golf Club2401 W Vineyard Ave. Oxnard, CA 93036 Phone: 1 (805) 983-4653 River Ridge Golf Club is a sprawling 36-hole golf course with a prop shop, golf lessons, a practice facility, chipping greens, putting greens, and more.
3. Camarillo Springs Golf Course791 Camarillo Springs Rd. Camarillo, CA 93012 Phone: 1 (805) 677-6772 Measuring at 7,000 yards, Camarillo Springs Golf Course is an 18-hole golf course that first opened in 1970, and today the course boasts golf lessons for all ages.
4. Buenaventura Golf Course5882 Olivas Park Dr. Ventura, CA 93003 Phone: 1 (805) 484-1075 Buenaventura Golf Course is a 19-hole golf course with a grill that is open daily. Tourists and residents alike rave about Buenaventura Golf Course!
Naval Base Ventura County Gyms353 Mugu Rd., Building 158 NAS Point Mugu, CA 93042 Phone: 1 (805) 989-7728 Point Mugu Fitness Center offers all the equipment you would expect from a gym, all without having to leave the comforts of base. 702 N Ventura Rd. Oxnard, CA 93030 Phone: 1 (805) 983-7770 Anytime Fitness offers members access to the gym 24 hours a day. The gym boasts a wide variety of strength training machines, including cable machines, multi-stations, leg presses, bench presses, and squat racks. Additionally, you can expect to find plenty of treadmills, ellipticals, free weights, racks, kettlebells, cable crossovers, rowing machines, and a whole lot more. 2059 N Oxnard Blvd. Oxnard, CA 93036 Phone: 1 (805) 981-8181 Planet Fitness is one of the foremost names in fitness centers. They have all the exercise equipment you could ever need, and they work hard to make everyone feel welcome.
Naval Base Ventura County Theaters1000 23rd Ave., Building 1173 Port Hueneme, CA 93043 Phone: 1 (805) 982-5002 The on-base Needham Theater boasts new movies on the big screen and concession snacks and drinks, all without having to leave the comforts of base. 255 W 5th St. Oxnard, CA 93030 Phone: 1 (805) 487-8306 Plaza Stadium Cinemas 14 offers new releases featured on 14 different big screens, along with comfortable seating and an arcade.
10. Century Riverpark 16 and XD2766 Seaglass Way Oxnard, CA 93036 Phone: 1 (805) 988-6083 Century Riverpark 16 and XD boasts 16 different large-format digital screens, as well as fully stocked concession stands with all of your favorite movie theater snacks.
Naval Base Ventura County Bowling Alleys
11. Point Mugu Lanes19th St., Building 16 NAS Point Mugu, CA 93042 Phone: 1 (805) 989-7667 Point Mugu Lanes has 16 lanes, a pro shop, and a snack bar. 305 Arneill Rd. Camarillo, CA 93010 Phone: 1 (805) 482-0747 Harley's Camarillo Bowl boasts 20 lanes, a video game arcade, pool tables, a snack bar, party rooms, and more.
Outdoor Activities901 S Kimball Rd. Ventura, CA 93004 Phone: 1 (805) 654-7511 Ventura Aquatic Center offers guests relief from the heat with their state-of-the-art swimming facility, which includes a 50-meter competition pool, a 25-meter recreation pool, an aquatic playground for children, and two water slides. Pacific Coast Hwy. NAS Point Mugu, CA 93042 Phone: 1 (310) 457-8143 Point Mugu State Park offers guests multiple campsite locations and scenic hiking trails along Point Mugu Beach, as well as a number of ocean-side natural wonders and a variety of year-round events.
15. Naval Base Ventura County Air Show311 Main Rd. NAS Point Mugu, CA 93042 Phone: 1 (805) 989-7209 The Naval Base Ventura County Air Show is the perfect opportunity to get outdoors with family and friends and observe a variety of aircraft in action.
16. Golf N Stuff5555 Walker St. Ventura, CA 93003 Phone: 1 (805) 644-7131 At Golf N Stuff, you, your family, and your friends can enjoy a day of miniature golf, go-karts, and bumper boats.
17. Conejo Valley Botanic Garden400 W Gainsborough Rd. Thousand Oaks, CA 91360 Phone: 1 (805) 494-7630 Conejo Valley Botanic Garden spans 33 acres and boasts a hiking trail, herb garden, desert garden, butterfly garden, bird habitat, and much more.
Indoor Activities1567 Spinnaker Dr. #100 Ventura, CA 93001 Phone: 1 (805) 644-3234 Ventura Village Carousel boasts an indoor carousel, a large variety of arcade games, and a snack bar for fans of homemade fudge, caramel apples, cotton candy, and so much more.
19. MB2 Raceway1475 Lawrence Dr. Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 Phone: 1 (805) 214-9999 MB2 Raceway offers visitors indoor go-kart racing, virtual reality games, laser tag, and more.
Museums10A Naval Air Rd. Port Hueneme, CA 93041 Point Mugu Missile Park promises sightseers an assortment of missiles and airplanes that possess local significance, since each of them was tested at Point Mugu during World War II. 3201 N Ventura Rd. Port Hueneme, CA 93043 The U.S. Navy Seabee Museum was established in 1947 and holds the honor of being the second oldest official Navy museum in the nation. 1421 Emerson Ave. Oxnard, CA 93033 Phone: 1 (805) 385-5400 Mullin Automotive Museum boasts a large collection of automobiles, some of which date all the way back to the 1800s.
23. Channel Islands Maritime Museum3900 Bluefin Cir. Oxnard, CA 93035 Phone: 1 (805) 984-6260 Channel Islands Maritime Museum offers museum-goers a glimpse into the history of maritime with historical paintings, ship models, and a variety of exhibitions.
ConclusionYour new posting at Naval Base Ventura County will certainly provide you and your family with plenty of exciting opportunities as you begin exploring the area. The things to do in Naval Base Ventura County offer an exciting selection of indoor and outdoor activities that are sure to keep you, your friends, and your family entertained. Whatever your particular interests, there are several spots around town for you to discover and enjoy.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts