NAVAL BASE VENTURA COUNTY HOUSING: 8 ON-BASE OPTIONS
By Sean Bess
IntroductionWelcome to Naval Base Ventura County, located in Port Hueneme, California! Naval Base Ventura County housing is a great option, as the base is located about 45 miles southeast of Santa Barbara, about 24 miles northwest of Malibu, and about 42 miles northwest of Santa Monica. The base was first built in 1941 and today serves 1,700 civilians and approximately 1,900 personnel. Moving to a new area can be stressful, particularly when it comes to finding the right home in the right neighborhood for you and your family. Whether you are moving solo, with a significant other, or with children, the moving process always comes with surprises, some of which can be overwhelming. For those reasons, we have compiled the information below in an attempt to help make this transition as smooth and enjoyable as possible. We hope that all of the following info will give you a better idea of what to expect once you arrive at Naval Base Ventura County. Related read: Naval Base Ventura County: In-Depth Welcome Center
California BAH RatesIn order to investigate your Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) for other zip codes, you can simply use this link. This is useful if you are interested in creating a budget; additionally, it will help provide you with a solid direction during your search for a home.
Naval Base Ventura County BarracksUnaccompanied Housing is mandatory for both single active-duty service members and those designated as “geographical bachelors” of the ranks E1-E3 and some E4. Unaccompanied Housing consists of 29 buildings and can house approximately 1,040 individuals. You can reach the Unaccompanied Housing staff by calling 1 (805) 989-0406.
Naval Base Ventura County Unaccompanied Housing7th St. Bldg. 23 NBVC, Point Mugu, CA 93042
Naval Base Ventura County Housing OfficeThe Naval Base Ventura County Housing Service Center will be happy to assist you in preparing for your new adventure in the community of Naval Base Ventura County. Upon arrival at Naval Base Ventura County, you will need to visit the Housing Service Center, and they will provide you with all of the necessary information and guidance you require, including temporary housing information, lease agreement and review counseling, home purchasing and selling counseling, maps and directions of the area, and much more.
Lincoln Military HousingWelcome Center 1000 23rd Avenue Building 1169
Phone: 1 (805) 982-4321
NBVC Housing OptionsMilitary family housing at Naval Base Ventura County is provided by Liberty Military Housing. There are eight neighborhoods on the base with single-family, townhouse, and duplex-style homes. The eight different communities offer a variety of features that will help you feel right at home, including swimming pools, clubhouses, fitness centers, game rooms, business centers, playgrounds, and more. Certain neighborhoods at Naval Base Ventura County do allow certain types of pets. For more information about homes and amenities at Naval Base Ventura County, visit the Liberty Military Housing website.
Liberty Military Housing145 34th Ave. Port Hueneme, CA 93041
Phone: 1 (805) 228-4475
1. AnacapaEligible ranks: E1 - E9 The Anacapa neighborhood offers four-bedroom townhomes with 2.5 baths. These homes are between 1,444 and 1,700 square feet and boast a dishwasher, washer/dryer connections, a private patio, and a fully equipped kitchen.
2. Bard EstatesEligible ranks: E1 - O6 The Bard Estates neighborhood offers three- and four-bedroom single-family homes with two baths. This neighborhood boasts a resort-style swimming pool, community center, fitness center, and more.
3. Bruns ParkEligible ranks: E1 - E9 The Bruns Park neighborhood offers two-, three-, four-, and five-bedroom homes ranging from between 1,500 and 1,959 square feet.
4. Catalina HeightsEligible ranks: E1 - O6 The Catalina Heights neighborhood offers residents three- and four-bedroom homes with two to 3.5 baths. The homes in this neighborhood are between 1,693 and 2,444 square feet and boast central AC and heat, garages, washer/dryer connections, and a fully equipped kitchen.
5. Coral Sea CoveEligible ranks: E1 - E9 The neighborhood of Coral Sea Cove offers a variety of three- and four-bedroom homes with two baths. This neighborhood boasts a basketball court, a playground, a game room, a business center, private patios, private garages, and more.
6. San MiguelEligible ranks: E1 - E9 The neighborhood of San Miguel offers residents three- and four-bedroom homes with two baths. This neighborhood boasts 24/7 maintenance, a swimming pool, a clubhouse, a child development center, a youth center, private beaches, camping, and more.
7. Santa CruzEligible ranks: E1 - O6 The neighborhood of Santa Cruz offers residents three- and four-bedroom homes with two baths. This neighborhood boasts 24/7 maintenance, a dog park, garages, playgrounds, a business center, and more.
8. Santa RosaEligible ranks: E1 - E9 The neighborhood of Santa Rosa offers residents two-, three-, and four-bedroom homes with two baths. This neighborhood boasts playgrounds, a swimming pool, a fitness center, a game room, dishwashers, garages, a private yard, and more.
ConclusionRelocating presents unique challenges and hurdles, but we hope that the information provided in this guide arms you with all of the guidance you need as you plan your move to your new posting at Naval Base Ventura County. We hope you enjoy your new adventure in Point Mugu, California, in one of the eight great neighborhoods that Liberty Military Housing has to offer. Always plan ahead and check housing availability based on rank and current waiting lists through the Naval Base Ventura County Housing Office.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts