15 OF THE BEST FORT IRWIN RESTAURANTS
By Sean Bess
IntroductionWelcome to Fort Irwin, located about 252 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California, and about 183 miles southwest of Las Vegas, Nevada. Fort Irwin was originally built in 1940 and today serves 4,580 active duty members, 6,230 family members, 5,982 civilian workers, and 4,000 Reserve/National Guard. With that many people around, you are bound to get some insider’s information on the best restaurants to dine in and around Fort Irwin. But to help get you started, below is a list of food spots in the area. Maybe you already know what kind of food you’re in the mood for. If so, click any of the links below to go straight to the information. Because of coronavirus restrictions, it is best to call ahead to confirm restaurant hours before you go. (1) Coffee Shops on Fort Irwin (2-3) Pizza Shops on Fort Irwin (4-8) Fast Food Restaurants on Fort Irwin (9-10) Mexican Restaurants on Fort Irwin (11) Steak and Seafood Restaurants near Fort Irwin (12) Burgers and Sandwiches near Fort Irwin (13-14) Pizza near Fort Irwin (15) Italian Restaurants near Fort Irwin
Suggested Read:Fort Irwin, CA: In-Depth Welcome Center
Fort Irwin RestaurantsOn Fort Irwin there is a variety of quick eats.
1. StarbucksBuilding 82B - Town Center Fort Irwin, CA 92310
Phone:1 (760) 386-1717
Fort Irwin Pizza
2. Anthony's PizzaBuilding 918 Langford Lake Rd, Fort Irwin, CA
Phone:1 (760) 386-2002 Anthony’s Pizza offers diners the choice of chicken wings, salads, and a large variety of pizzas.
3. Pizza Hut, Fort IrwinLangford Lake and B Ave Building 21 Fort Irwin, CA 92310
Phone:1 (760) 386-1993 Pizza Hut Express provides those on post with quick take-away meals that include wings, cheese sticks, breadsticks, fries, chicken alfredo, cinnamon rolls, cookies, brownies, and of course pizza with a variety of toppings and crusts to choose from.
4. Subway82 Goldstone Rd. Building D Fort Irwin, CA 92310
Phone:1 (760) 386-1883
5. Charleys Cheesesteaks918 Langford Lake Rd. Fort Irwin, CA 92310
Phone:1 (760) 386-1500 Charley’s Cheesesteaks offers a selection of Philly-style cheesesteaks, loaded fries, and lemonades.
Phone:1 (760) 386-1896
7. Taco Bell918 Langford Lake Rd. Fort Irwin, CA 92310
Phone:1 (760) 386-2002
Phone:1 (760) 386-2476
9. Plata's Mexican Food1401 Irwin Rd. Barstow, CA 92311
Phone:1 (760) 256-5596 Plata’s Mexican Food boasts delicious tacos, tortas, and tostadas.
10. Jenny's Mexican Grill Steak & Mariscos1201 E. Main St. Barstow, CA 92311
Phone:1 (760) 255-1500 Jenny’s Mexican Grill Steak and Mariscos offers your favorite Mexican dishes, including enchiladas and tamales, and also boasts an all-day breakfast menu that includes huevos rancheros, a chorizo omelette, and more.
Restaurants Near Fort Irwin, CAFort Irwin is located in the middle of the desert and has very few restaurants within an hour's drive. But what is available nearby is worth the drive! Hot tip - Before you set out exploring the surrounding areas, check out our blog 17 Of the Best Fort Irwin Things to Do and make the most of your trip!
Steak and Seafood
11. Cattlemen's on Route 661523 E. Main St. Barstow, CA 92311
Phone:1 (442) 295-9574 At Cattlemen’s on Route 66 you can listen to live music while you enjoy one of their delicious menu items, including their shrimp, chicken wings, crab claws, salads, rib-eye, filet mignon, prime rib, salmon, pork loin, and more.
Burgers and Sandwiches
12. Peggy Sue's 50's Diner35654 Yermo Rd. Yermo, CA 92398 Phone: 1 (760) 254-3370 As the name suggests, Peggy Sue’s 50’s Diner is a 50’s-themed restaurant with 50’s music, old fashioned ice cream, malts, sundaes, floats, deli sandwiches, and more.
13. Oggi's Sports Brewhouse Pizza2854 Lenwood Rd. Barstow, CA 92311
Phone:1 (760) 253-2001 Oggi’s Sports Brewhouse Pizza boasts an extensive menu that includes garlic knots, nachos, short rib poutine, flatbreads, burgers, wings, fries, soups, salads, sandwiches, calzones, and a wide selection of signature pizzas.
14. Route 66 Pizza Palace2046 Main St. Barstow, CA 92311
Phone:1 (760) 256-2207 Swing by Route 66 Pizza Palace and try their ravioli, spaghetti, fettuccini, buffalo wings, homemade Italian meatballs, cheesecake, tiramisu, calzones, sub sandwiches, salads, and pizzas.
15. DiNapoli's Firehouse1358 E. Main St. Barstow, CA 92311
Phone:1 (760) 256-1094 DiNapoli’s Firehouse opened in 1994 and offers guests pasta dishes, such as lasagna and baked ziti, as well as calzones and pizza that is hand tossed and brick-baked.
ConclusionWe hope that you find the time to visit a few of the restaurants that made our list. These restaurants represent local favorites, so make sure you spend some time sampling these food spots in and around Fort Irwin.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts