HURLBURT FIELD SCHOOLS: DAYCARE - HIGH SCHOOL
By Sean Bess
IntroductionWelcome to Hurlburt Field. Moving to a new area can be overwhelming, even when you are moving to an area as beautiful as the coast of Florida. Having to make arrangements for your children can make relocating even more stressful. But this guide will show you the school options located on and around Hurlburt Field to make this transition less stressful and help you decide where to live. Choosing the best school districts is a big factor in making your next housing decision. And if you’re still in the process of buying a house, there are loads of great listings for Hurlburt Field on AHRN.com.
Suggested Read:Hurlburt Field, FL: In-Depth Welcome Center
Schools on Hurlburt FieldPlease note that there are no schools on base, however the children living on base may enroll at a variety of educational facilities in the area. Schools near Hurlburt Field include daycare/childcare facilities, elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, and a number of private schools. Each of these options is listed below.
Hurlburt Field Elementary SchoolsStudents in grades K-5 will need to attend off-post schools which are listed below.
Hurlburt Field Middle SchoolsStudents in grades 6-8 will need to attend off-post schools which are listed below.
Hurlburt Field High SchoolsStudents in grades 9-12 will need to attend off-post schools which are listed below.
Child and Youth ServicesThe Child and Youth Education Services at Hurlburt Field is committed to helping all of the families one base with any and all educational challenges that they might face. Among other things, the goal of the program is to connect schools, families, and communities in order to meet the unique needs of students belonging to military families.
Schools Near Hurlburt Field
Daycare and Child Care Near Hurlburt Field
1. Kids Discovery #1240 Green Acres Road Fort Walton Beach, Florida 32547 Phone: 1 (850) 301-9409 Kids Discovery #1 provides childcare and offers an educational curriculum for children ranging from toddler-aged all the way through 12 year olds.
2. Kids Discovery #22265 W Highway 98 Mary Esther, FL 32569 Phone: 1 (850) 243-5794 Kids Discovery #2, just like the location in Fort Walton Beach, provides childcare and offers an educational curriculum for children ranging from toddler-aged all the way through 12 year olds.
3. Little People’s Place110 Truxton Ave. Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547 Phone: 1 (850) 301-3589 Little People’s Place has a maximum capacity of 30 children and offers subsidized child care for those that qualify.
4. wRight Day Care136 Patrick Dr. Fort Walton Beach FL 32547 Phone: 1 (850) 864-5123 wRight Day Care can serve up to 75 children and is open year-round. Everyone on staff is trained in first aid and CPR.
5. Hamma & Bampa's TLC Recreation Center502 Schneider Drive Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547 Phone: 1 (850) 362-6993 Hamma & Bampa’s TLC Recreation Center is owned and operated by retired Military with over 25 years of experience working with children. The daycare service is for infants through 12 year olds.
Elementary Schools Near Hurlburt Field
1. Mary Esther Elementary School320 E Miracle Strp. Pkwy. SW Mary Esther, FL 32569 Phone: 1 (850) 833-3371 Mary Esther Elementary School serves pre-k students through 5th grade students.
2. Florosa Elementary School1700 Highway 98 West Mary Esther, FL 32569 Phone: 1 (850) 833-4381 Students at Florosa Elementary School are making above average year-over-year academic improvement and are performing above average on state tests.
3. Holley-Navarre Primary School8019 Escola Street Navarre, FL 32566 Phone: 1 (850) 936-6130 Holley-Navarre Primary School provides an academic and technology rich learning environment for kindergarten students through 2nd grade students.
4. Holley-Navarre Intermediate School1936 Navarre School Road Navarre, FL 32566 Phone: 1 (850) 936-6020 Holley-Navarre Intermediate School enrolls children ranging from 3rd grade to 5th grade.
5. West Navarre Primary School1955 Lowe Road Navarre, FL 32566 Phone: 850-936-6000 West Navarre Primary serves pre-k through 2nd grade students.
6. West Navarre Intermediate1970 Cotton Bay Ln. Navarre, FL 32566 Phone: 1 (850) 936-6060 West Navarre Intermediate School enrolls children ranging from 3rd grade to 5th grade.
Middle Schools Near Hurlburt Field
1. Max Bruner Jr. Middle School322 Holmes Boulevard NW Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 Phone: 1 (850) 833-3266 Max Bruner Jr. Middle School serves 6th graders-8th graders.
2. Holley-Navarre Middle School1976 Williams Creek Drive Navarre, FL 32566 Phone: 1 (850) 936-6040 Holley-Navarre Middle School emphasizes collaboration between teachers, parents, students and the community to ensure the success of its 6th-8th graders.
3. Woodlawn Beach Middle School1500 Woodlawn Way Gulf Breeze, Florida 32563 Phone: 1 (850) 934-4010 West Navarre Intermediate School enrolls children ranging from 6th grade to 8th grade.
High Schools Near Hurlburt Field
1. Fort Walton Beach High School400 Hollywood Blvd. SW Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 Phone: 1 (850) 833-3300 Fort Walton Beach High School enrolls 9th graders through 12th graders with a focus on educating and empowering its students to positively impact their families, communities, and the world.
2. Navarre High School8600 High School Boulevard Navarre, FL 32566 Phone: 1 (850) 936-6080 Navarre High School was established in 1996 and currently enrolls 2,309 9th-12th grade students.
Private Schools Near Hurlburt Field
1. Calvary Christian Academy and Pre-School535 Clifford St. Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547 Phone: 1 (850) 862-1414 Calvary Christian Academy and Pre-School serves approximately 246 students between the grades of pre-kindergarten and 12th grade.
2. Emeralds Coast Christian School119 St Mary Ave. SW Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 Phone: 1 (850) 243-1910 Currently, Emeralds Coast Christian School serves 12 children ranging from nursery-aged to preschool-aged.
3. Beulah Christian Academy109 Mc Griff St. NE Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 Phone: 1 (850) 243-1724 Beulah Christian Academy currently enrolls 24 students from grades 3rd-12th.
4. Saint Mary Catholic School110 Robinwood Dr. SW Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 Phone: 1 (850) 243-8913 Saint Mary Catholic School serves pre-k through 8th grade students.
5. Liza Jackson Preparatory School546 Mary Esther Cut Off NW Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 Phone: 1 (850) 833-3321 Liza Jackson Preparatory School serves around 800 students ranging from kindergarten to 8th grade.
ConclusionAlthough there aren’t any schools on base, there are a number of schools around Hurlburt Field for you to explore and choose from. Regardless of a child’s age or specific educational needs, you’ll certainly be able to find something to suit your needs.
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts