27 OF THE BEST NAS PENSACOLA THINGS TO DO
IntroductionWelcome to Naval Air Station Pensacola on the beautiful gulf coast of Florida! This great beach destination makes a fine place to be stationed and offers plenty to see and do. Here are just a few things to get you started at your new duty station. Read on to get some ideas or if you already know what you want to do, click the numbers below to jump to specific activities: (1-3) Pools (4) Bowling (5) Golf Courses (6-7) Marinas (8-11) Shopping (12-13) Museums (14-16) Attractions (17-18) Parks, Rivers, and Lakes (19-23) Gyms (24-25) Beaches (26) Sports
COVID-19 NoticeDue to the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic, many businesses, venues, and parks may be temporarily closed or operating under restricted hours. Many, if not all, of the ones listed here, are likely subject to health restrictions, though new re-openings and closings occur all the time. Check websites and call ahead to learn each listing’s current status.
26 Things to Do on Naval Air Station PensacolaWith the beach, state parks, the historic village, and more nearby there are tons of options for activities and experiences.
NAS Pensacola Pools
1. NASP Indoor Pool3828 Fred Bauer St. Bldg 3828 Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 452-9429
2. Mustin Beach Pool3201 Radford Blvd Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 452-8293 Located on the waterfront behind Mustin Beach club, this is a recreational, family friendly pool operated by the Pensacola MWR.
3. Corry Station PoolBldg 3735 Chief’s Way Pensacola, FL 23511
Phone: 1 (850) 452-6317 An L-shaped pool located behind the Corry Station Family Fitness Center with a handicap accessible ramp into the shallow end. Features two rock walls, a dive area, and two designated 25 yard lap lanes.
NAS Pensacola Bowling
4. Corry Bowling Center3738 Chief’s Way Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32511
Phone: 1 (850) 452-6380 Featuring 16 lanes, leagues, coaching, and food options at Corry Grill and the Old Crow’s Nest, this is a great place to have a night out or host birthday parties.
NAS Pensacola Golf Course
5. A.C. Read Golf Course1440 Murrays Rd, Bldg 3495 Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 452-2454 The A.C. Read Golf Course is located in a beautiful spot along the Bayou Grande making it one of the most beautiful courses in both the Navy and the state of Florida. It features 27 championship holes and an additional 18 hole executive course. There is a snack and beverage cart which makes the rounds and full proshop with sales, club fitting, and lessons.
NAS Pensacola MarinaThere are two Marinas on the Naval Air Station run by the Pensacola MWR which offer boat, kayak, canoe, and paddleboard rentals as well as sailing classes, youth boating camps, and boat storage. Check the respective websites for rates and details.
Phone: 1 (850) 452-4152
Phone: 1 (850) 452-2212
ShoppingKnowing where to shop is vital when you’re moving to a new area. Here are a few options to get you started.
8. Cordova Mall5100 N 9th Ave Pensacola, FL 32504
Phone: 1 (850) 477-7562 Shopping and restaurants in a friendly setting for every budget.
9. Miles Antique Mall5109 Bayou Blvd Pensacola, FL 32503
Phone: 1 (850) 607-6560 A huge antique mall comprising 65,000 square feet of furniture, arts, antiques, gifts, clothing, and accessories.
10. Joe Patti’s Seafood Company524 S B St Pensacola, FL 32502
Phone: 1 (850) 432-2215 If you’re a seafood enthusiast, this market features the best prices for seafood along the Florida coast. Even if you’re not into seafood, simply seeing the open air fish market is an interesting experience with it’s hustle and bustle.
11. Portside Entertainment Complex570 E Ave, Bldg 3912 Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 452-3364 This complex features a club with dance floor and full-service bar, karaoke, and parties as well as seasonal sporting events on the many big screen televisions. There is a game room with 50 arcade games, 14 pool tables, and juke box. The food court features A7W, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut Express. There is an outdoor deck along Pensacola Bay to enjoy the water with friends.
NAS Pensacola Museums
12. National Naval Aviation Museum1750 Radford Blvd Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 452-3604 This gorgeous museum features exhibits of the history of Naval Aviation. Tours of the museum are run by actual Naval Aviators who lend incredible insight into each exhibit through their many combined years of experience making the history truly come alive. A full bar and restaurant is offered and you can even come watch the world-famous Blue Angels practice their daring acrobatics! Check the website here for schedules.
13. Pensacola Lighthouse and Maritime Museum2081 Radford Blvd Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 393-1561 Featuring an amazing view from the top, this historic lighthouse was built in 1859 and located aboard NAS Pensacola just across from the Naval Aviation Museum.
14. Downtown PensacolaPensacola, FL 32501 The downtown area is a fantastic little area with lots of bars, restaurants, and frequent street fairs with wine tasting at art galleries, open air movies, and lots more! Check out the city website for a schedule of fairs and events.
15. Pensacola Bay Cruises750 Commendencia St Pensacola, FL 32502
Phone: 1 (850) 466-3379 Pensacola Bay Cruises is a passenger ferry that takes people to three destinations: Downtown Pensacola, Pensacola Beach, and Fort Pickens at the Gulf Islands National Seashore. Enjoy beautiful sunset cruises and all the marine wildlife you’ll see along the way.
16. Fort Barrancas3182 Taylor Rd Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 455-5167 This fort on the Naval Air Station was built in 1821 to protect the Gulf Coast. The story behind it is remarkable and told by knowledgeable guides on easy walking tours.
17. Portside CinemasSaufley St. Bldg. 606 Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 452-3523 With two 96 seat theaters and regular showings, MWR Pensacola’s Portside Cinemas is a great place to see current blockbusters at low prices. Give them a call or check their Facebook page for the latest listings.
Parks, Rivers, and Lakes
18. Big Lagoon State Park1201 Gulf Beach Hwy Pensacola, FL 32507
Phone: 492-1595 Beach camping, hiking, kayaking, and beautiful sunset views make this park a great attraction.
19. Jogging Trail1064 Radford Blvd Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 452-9845 This 4 mile long jogging trail begins at the West end of Mustin Beach Club and runs along the beach and woods and has a water fountain and rest area at the 4 mile mark.
NAS Pensacola GymsDuring this time of COVID restrictions, many gyms are operating on a schedule-only basis or reduced capacity. Be sure to check each gym’s website for any COVID updates.
20. Radford Fitness Center450 Radford Blvd Bldg 4143 Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 452-9845 This full service fitness center has full free weights, TRX pullup bars, a rowing studio, PRT cardio equipment and over 35 group exercise classes per week. There are steam rooms, certified fitness trainers, racquetball, basketball, and volleyball courts.
21. Portside Fitness Center & GymSaufley St, Bldg 606 Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 452-7810 Another full fitness facility and a large gymnasium with weight rooms, cardio rooms, classes, olympic lifting platforms, and functional fitness areas.
22. Wenzel Fitness CenterChief’s Way Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32511
Phone: 1 (850) 452-6198 The Corry Station gym is a full-service fitness center with cardio equipment, free weights, spin bikes, group classes, personal trainers and more.
23. Navy Wellness Center3715 Chief’s Way Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32511
Phone: 1 (850) 452-6802 A full service fitness center that features cardio and strength equipment as well as massage therapy services, fitness classes, and specialty classes for those recovering from illness, stroke, diabetes, and people that are in wheelchairs.
24. Family Fitness Center3712 Chief’s Way, Bldg 3712 Pensacola, FL 32511
Phone: 1 (850) 452-6004 This gym offers childcare within eyesight while you workout! A professional staff will monitor your children so you can continue working on your fitness goals.
NAS Pensacola Beach
25. Barrancas BeachRadford Blvd, Bldg 3641 Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32508 1 (850) 452-5421 Barrancas Beach is a private beach maintained by the Pensacola MWR accessible on base with a full bath house, beach volleyball, cabanas, and grills that is only accessible to military members. This is a great place to take the family and avoid crowded tourist beaches.
26. Ski BeachJohn Towers Rd, Bldg 3487 Pensacola, FL 32508
Phone: 1 (850) 281-0134 Located on the Bayou Grande, this beach features picnic sites, a fishing pier, beach volleyball, and of course, beach access. There are paddle boards, kayak, canoe, and camping rentals available here between 0900 and 1700 Thursday through Monday.
27. Blue Wahoos Ballpark351 W Cedar St Pensacola, FL 32502
Phone: 1 (850) 934-8444 This park is home to the local AA pro baseball team, the Blue Wahoos, and the University of West Florida team. Check out their site for schedules and events.
ConclusionPensacola is a fun town with great beaches, beautiful sunsets, and a rich history of Naval Aviation. Whether you are relaxing at the beach or watching jets scream overhead arching and rolling in the sky at the Naval Aviation Museum, we hope you enjoy your time at Naval Air Station Pensacola!
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts