17 OAHU THINGS TO DO NEAR CAMP H.M. SMITH
By Sarah Jaudon
IntroductionYou’ve received your PCS orders to Camp H.M. Smith, and now you’re packing and moving. What do you do next? Well, now it’s time to explore the Oahu things to do near base! We’ve done the research and have made an Oahu attractions list tailored just for you. Keep reading for all the local hot spots and the best Oahu things to do near Camp H.M Smith.
Suggested read: Camp H.M. Smith Welcome Center
17 Oahu Things To Do Near Base
Camp H.M. Smith Recreation
1. SM&SP Recreation Center at Camp SmithHalawa Heights Dr. Camp Smith, HI 96861
Phone: 1 (808) 254-7593 The Recreation Center is a place to relax for all active-duty singles and unaccompanied bachelors from E-5 and below. It’s open Monday through Friday from 0800-2100 and on weekends and holidays from 1100-1800.
2. ITT Office Camp SmithBuilding 4 Camp Smith, HI 96861
Phone: 1 (808) 488-0810 If you’re wondering where to visit in Oahu, Hawaii, or how to get discounted tickets on island tours, the Polynesian Cultural Center, dinner cruises, shows, nightlife, museums, vacations, and other fun packages, stop by the ITT office today.
Bowling Near Camp H.M. Smith
3. Aiea Bowl & The Alley Restaurant99-115 Aiea Heights Drive Aiea, HI 96701
Phone: 1 (808) 488-6854 If you’re searching for a bowling alley in Oahu close to base, the Aiea Bowl & The Alley Restaurant is for you. They offer open bowling from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. from Sunday through Thursday and cosmic bowling on Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to midnight.
Golf Courses Near Camp H.M. Smith
4. Mililani Golf Club95-176 Kuahelani Ave. Mililani, HI 96789
Phone: 1 (808) 623-2222 Mililani Golf Club is considered one of the best golf courses in Oahu and is ranked number one on TripAdvisor’s Oahu attractions list. The Mililani Golf Club map lays out the expansive 18-hole course surrounded by beautiful terrain, which takes approximately four and a half hours to complete.
5. Moanalua Golf Club1250 Ala Aolani St. Honolulu, HI 96819
Phone: 1 (808) 839-2311 Moanalua Golf Club is a semi-private golf course with all of the perks of a membership. This is a premier nine-hole course with a pro-shop and the capability to book tee times online.
Camp H.M. Smith Gym
6. Camp Smith Fitness CenterBuilding 615 Camp Smith, HI 96701
Phone: 1 (808) 477-5197 Camp Smith Fitness Center is open Monday through Friday from 0400-0900 for all active duty, retirees, dependents, and DoD civilians. It’s also open Saturday and Sunday from 0830-1500.
Theaters Near Camp H.M. Smith
7. Consolidated Theatres Pearlridge98-1005 Moanalua Rd. Suite 600 Aiea, HI 96701
Phone: 1 (808) 483-5339 Consolidated Theatres Pearlridge is a short drive from Camp Smith and is located in the Pearlridge Shopping Center. Enjoy new movie releases in style with their premium luxury reclining leather seats.
8. Regal Dole Cannery753 B Iwilei Road. Honolulu, HI 96817
Phone: 1 (844) 462-7342 Regal Dole Cannery believes in providing movie-goers with the most convenient and enjoyable movie experience. They are committed to being the best place to watch a movie on Oahu.
9. Keaīwa Heiau State Recreation Area991849 Aiea Heights Dr. Aiea, HI 96701
Phone: 1 (808) 483-2511 Keaīwa Heiau State Recreation Area is sacred ground because this is the location of a temple where the native Hawaiians came to be healed. This park encompasses over 380 acres offering camping, hiking, and sightseeing.
10. ʻAiea Ridge Trail991849 Aiea Heights Dr. Aiea, HI 96701
Phone: 1 (808) 483-2511 ʻAiea Ridge Trail is a moderate 4.8-mile hike at the end of the Keaīwa Heiau State Recreation Area that follows the Halawa Valley ridge and boasts spectacular views from the coastline to the Wai‘anae range.
11. Tropics Mini Golf Oahu98-1101 Moanalua Rd. Aiea, HI 96701
Phone: 1 (808) 200-5331 If you’re looking for things to do in Oahu with kids, then Tropics Mini Golf Oahu is the place to be. This 18-hole mini-golf course is a great place for parties, special events, or just a fun day out with the kiddos. Book your tee time today.
Pearl City, HI
12. Waimano Falls TrailWaimano Home Road Pearl City, HI 96782 The Waimano Falls Trail is the type of trail you see in the movies. Take this challenging rural hike through the summit and end in the valley where the Waimano waterfall awaits. Follow the stream and reward yourself by jumping in the water to cool off. This is why you live in Hawaii!
13. Ho'omaluhia Campsite6 7th St. Honolulu, HI 96819
Phone: 1 (904) 225-3200 Ho'omaluhia Camping is a beautiful location for tent and RV camping, and the Ho'omaluhia Botanical Gardens creates a majestic background situated against the Ko'olau Range. This campsite is the only one in the city not located on the beach.
14. Room With a Clue1130 N Nimitz Hwy. B-295 Honolulu, HI 96817
Phone: 1 (808) 797-8147 Imagine yourself trapped in a room and the only way to escape is by solving a series of puzzles and quizzes. At Room With a Clue, you get to do just that. Beat the clock and delve into the mystery of each story at Room With a Clue.
15. Wild Tiki Fun Zone Laser Tag735 Iwilei Rd. Honolulu, HI 96817
Phone: 1 (808) 465-2234 Wild Tiki Fun Zone Laser Tag is now known as Tiki’s Family Fun Center and offers over 10,000 square feet of indoor fun with laser tag, mini-golf, mini bowling, and a decked-out arcade with lots of opportunities to win games and prizes.
16. Punchbowl Crater Hike2177 Puowaina Dr. Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: 1 (808) 532-3720 Take the Punchbowl Crater Hike to where ancient Hawaiians performed human sacrifices to their gods. Currently, this landmark is the backdrop for the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific honoring the locals. The Punchbowl Crater Hike needs to be on your shortlist of Oahu things to do.
17. Diamond Head CraterDiamond Head Rd. Honolulu, HI 96816
Phone: 1 (808) 587-0300 Diamond Head Crater is a volcano that erupted over 300,000 years ago, creating a massive hole on the island. Take a self-guided tour through Hawaii’s history and culture, all while traversing the steep cement staircase to the top.
ConclusionBeing stationed on the island of Oahu at Camp H.M. Smith will have you feeling blessed with the temperate, year-round climate, the stunning flora and fauna, the fascinating ancient culture, and a delightful mix of regional cooking delights. You will never be bored or run out of Oahu things to do and see.
camp hm smith
hawaii things to do
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts