8 ON-BASE GROTON, CONNECTICUT, NAVAL BASE HOUSING OPTIONS
By Will Borger
IntroductionWelcome to NSB New London in New London, Connecticut! Now that you have your orders and you’re on your way to your new posting, you’re probably thinking about finding Navy base housing. Searching for a new home can be time-consuming and stressful at the best of times, so we’ve compiled a guide to help you get started and give you an idea about your choices for Groton, Connecticut, naval base housing.
Suggested read:NSB New London: Welcome Center
BAH: New London, CTClick this link to find the Connecticut BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing) rate for your rank and zip code. This will help you to make a budget and guide your home search in New London, CT.
NSB New London Unaccompanied HousingUnaccompanied Groton, Connecticut, naval base housing holds approximately 3,000 personnel in eight buildings. Most personnel ranked E1-E3 and some E4 are required to live on base. E4s may be required to live on base if space is available. One or two persons will be assigned to a room depending on square footage and pay grade. Personnel will check in at Building 429, and linens are provided at check-in. UH facilities at NSB New London feature lounges equipped with televisions, washers and dryers, and vending machines. There are also recreational, fitness, dining, religious, educational, and other amenities, most located within walking distance of UH.
NSB New London Unaccompanied HousingP.O. Box 18 Bldg. 429 Groton, CT 06349
Phone: 1 (860) 694-3416
NSB New London Military Housing OfficeThe Military Housing Office should be your first point of contact when you get to NSB New London, whether you’re going to live on or off the installation. The Housing Services Center provides a number of services and is more than capable of answering questions or offering guidance on lease agreements, pet eligibility, family housing, and more.
NSB New London Military Housing Office83 Grayling Avenue Bldg. 83 Rm. 148 Dealey Plaza Groton, CT 06349
Phone: 1 (860) 694-3851
- Monday - Wednesday, Friday: 0800 - 1600
- Thursday: 0830 - 1600
- Saturday, Sunday, Holidays: Closed
Groton, Connecticut, Naval Base Housing Options
Beacon Point Homes at NSB New LondonOn-base Groton, Connecticut, naval base housing is privatized through Balfour Beatty Communities. Click here to browse their communities at NSB New London, each of which offers its own floor plans and amenities. On-base houses in New London, CT, naval base range from 2-4 bedrooms and come in a wide variety of styles. Valley Forge District Office 100 Tern Road Groton, CT 06340 Phone: 1 (860) 446-5913
1. Cherry CircleRanks: E1 – E8; O1 – O3 Cherry Circle offers three- and four-bedroom homes that are equipped with two-and-a-half baths. Each one of these homes features central heating and air conditioning, ceiling fans, exterior storage, and a patio and garage. This neighborhood also offers its own playground.
2. Conning TowersRanks: E1 – E6; military retirees; DOD employees; general public The homes of Conning Towers are three- to four-bedroom affairs that come equipped with two-and-a-half baths. These homes feature a fenced-in backyard, fully-equipped kitchen, ceiling fans, patio, and exterior storage. The neighborhood also has its own playground and basketball court.
3. Dolphin GardensRanks: E7 – E9; O1 – O9 Dolphin Gardens’s three- to four-bedroom homes come equipped with two-and-a-half baths and feature a fully-equipped kitchen, garage, ceiling fans, master suite, and patio. Dolphin Gardens also features several playgrounds and has its own community center, which includes a pool, fitness room, and basketball court.
4. Nautilus Park IRanks: E1 – E8; O1 – O3; military retirees; DOD employees; general public Nautilus Park I’s homes are two-, three-, and four-bedroom affairs that sport between one and two-and-a-half baths. These homes feature garages, fully-equipped kitchens, patios, and washer/dryer connections. Nautilus Park I is located near Mary Morrison Elementary School and the Subase Youth Center, which features amenities such as playgrounds, picnic areas, a splash park, and a basketball court.
5. Nautilus Park IIRanks: E1 – E6; military retirees; DOD employees; general public Nautilus Park II’s homes are two-, three-, and four-bedroom houses that feature between one and two-and-a-half baths. These homes also feature fully-equipped kitchens, washer/dryer connections, patios, and carports. Nautilus Park II is within walking distance of the community center and its splash park, basketball court, and playground.
6. Nautilus Park IIIRanks: E1 – E6 Nautilus Park III is home to two-, three-, and four-bedroom houses that offer two-and-a-half baths. These homes feature central heating and air conditioning, ceiling fans, patios, and garages. Nautilus Park III also offers easy access to a community pool, playground, and basketball court.
7. Polaris ParkRanks: E1 – E6 Polaris Park offers two-bedroom townhomes that come with one-and-a-half baths. These homes feature a garage and fully-equipped kitchen, among other amenities. Polaris Park’s residents also enjoy its central location and access to several playgrounds.
8. Trident ParkRanks: All ranks; military retirees; DOD employees; general public Trident Park offers two-bedroom townhomes that come with one-and-a-half baths. Located close to the Commissary and Exchange, these homes feature a porch, fully-equipped kitchen, and ceiling fans, among other amenities. Trident Park is also just a short walk from multiple playgrounds and a basketball court.
- On-site management and maintenance
- Basketball courts
- Community centers with fitness rooms
- Curbside trash and recycling pick-up
- Lawn care services
- Pet friendly
- Picnic areas
- Resident activities and events
- Soccer field
- Splash park
- Ample closets and storage
- Carport or garage
- Ceiling fans*
- Covered patio*
- Central heating and air conditioning*
- Exterior storage*
- Fenced-in backyard*
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Hardwood flooring*
- Laundry room with utility sink*
- Master suite*
- Open floor plan*
- Storage shed*
- Washer/dryer connections
- Wood-style flooring*
ConclusionNo matter where you’re going, planning your move ahead of time can save you a lot of time and stress. NSB New London has a number of housing options available for those looking for Groton, Connecticut, naval base housing on-post. Sorting through these neighborhoods and floor plans and finding the right one will take time, but we hope this guide will give you a good place to start. Be sure to check availability based on rank and to contact the Housing Services Center for guidance when you start your search. If you need a place to stay in the meantime, you can always contact Navy Lodge New London. With a little luck, you’ll soon be settled in and enjoying everything your new home has to offer.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts