17 OF THE BEST REDSTONE ARSENAL THINGS TO DO
By Chris La Porte
IntroductionYour new posting at Redstone Arsenal is surrounded by the Alabama countryside while still close to the entertainment of a city center in Huntsville. You’ll find that there is plenty to do in the area that’s an adventure for everyone in the family. Be sure to take full advantage of the Redstone Arsenal MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation) program that offers a network of support and leisure activities and services. There’s everything from youth programs, to sports, outdoor entertainment, and travel with the Redstone Arsenal MWR. We have organized activities into categories below; click any of them to jump to the section if you already know what you want to do around Redstone Arsenal. (1-3) Golfing (4-6) Gyms (7-8) Movie Theaters (9-10) Bowling Alleys (11-14) Parks, Rivers, and Lakes (15-17) Museums
Suggested Read:Redstone Arsenal: In-Depth Welcome Center
Redstone Arsenal Things to Do
Redstone Arsenal Golf Course
1. Links at Redstone4140 Goss Rd SW, Huntsville, AL 35808
Phone:1 (256) 842-7977 You’ll find the Links at Redstone golf course right on post. The Links at Redstone has a modern clubhouse, pro shop, and short-order restaurant that serve a variety of items seven days a week. Be sure to stay up to date with the tournaments throughout the year. The Links at Redstone is a part of the Redstone Arsenal MWR.
2. Huntsville Country Club2601 Oakwood Ave NW, Huntsville, AL 35810 Phone: 1 (256) 859-3000 Sitting in the heart of Huntsville, Huntsville Country Club offers an escape from the city without having to leave it. They offer an 18 hole range that challenges golfers of all ages and skill levels. They also offer a pro shop, clubhouse, and host events.
3. Sunset Landing Golf Course346 James Record Rd SW, Huntsville, AL 35824
Phone:1 (256) 464-5050 Heading away from Huntsville on the other side of the post is Sunset Landing Golf Course. They offer a par 72 course that is ideal for seasoned and beginner golfers alike. The course amenities include a golf shop, driving range, full-service grill and restaurant, and golf lessons are available by appointment.
Redstone Arsenal Gym
4. Pagano Gym5298 Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL 35808
Phone:1 (256) 876-6701 Pagano Gym is located right on post and is the most convenient stop for your fitness needs. Pagano Gym features cardio, strength, and free-weight equipment, racquetball courts, a basketball court, dry saunas, and steam rooms.
5. Red-X-Fitness Madison97 Hughes Rd K, Madison, AL 35758
Phone:1 (256) 325-9997 Located in the Madison Market not far from the post heading away from Huntsville is Red-X-Fitness. Here, you’ll have access to state-of-the-art cardio, strength training, and functional training space. There are group fitness classes, personal trainers, and a full-service gym ready to help you achieve your fitness goals.
6. Crossfit Huntsville3050 Leeman Ferry Rd SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
Phone:1 (256) 489-2278 CrossFit Huntsville prides itself on being more than a gym but rather a community of dedicated people all in it together to improve their health and physical ability. Each program is tailored to the individual ability level, age, and goals of every member.
Movie Theaters on Redstone Arsenal
7. Cinemark Bridge Street and XD370 The Bridge St, Huntsville, AL 35806
Phone:1 (256) 327-8340 Cinemark Bridge Street features blockbuster and small release movies alike. Be treated to a classy restaurant and VIP lounge while watching movies from reclined seating.
8. AMC Valley Bend 181485 4 Mile Post Rd SE, Huntsville, AL 35802
Phone:1 (256) 882-1202 The AMC Valley Bend 18 includes an IMAX theater, RealD 3D technology, and reserved seating for major releases.
Redstone Arsenal Bowling Alleys
9. Redstone Lanes Bowling Center3424 Hercules Road, Huntsville, AL 35898
Phone:1 (256) 876-6634 A part of the Redstone Arsenal MWR, all types of bowlers are welcome at the Redstone Lanes Bowling Center. Saturdays are Family Fun Day that includes two hours of bowling for everyone in the family. They offer leagues, special events, tournaments, and lessons.
10. Stars and Strikes Family Entertainment Center930 Old Monrovia Rd NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
Phone:1 (256) 272-4626 Much more than just a bowling alley, Stars and Strikes offers entertainment of all kinds, from hosting the kid’s birthday parties to bumper cars. You’ll also find escape rooms, a 7,000 square foot arcade, and a two-story laser tag arena!
Parks, Rivers, and Lakes
11. Brahan Spring Park3771 Ivy Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
Phone:1 (256) 883-3736 A great park for the whole family! Bring everyone down to Brahan Spring Park for disc golf, horseshoes, playground, and splash pad.
12. Huntsville Botanical Garden4747 Bob Wallace Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
Phone:1 (256) 830-4447 Located just off post is Huntsville Botanical Garden. There you’ll find a day’s worth of relaxation among the flowers with a nature center, butterfly house, and children’s area.
13. Redstone Arsenal MWR Outdoor Recreation CenterSportsman Road 5139 Redstone Arsenal 35898 Phone: 1 (256) 876-4868 The Redstone Arsenal MWR Outdoor Center has all your needs for camping, hunting, and fishing. Get rentals and supplies here, plus information on hunting season and licenses.
14. Redstone Arsenal MWR RV Park and CampgroundHermes Rd, Huntsville, AL 35808
Phone:1 (256) 876-4868 A military RV park with all the amenities you need, Redstone Arsenal MWR RV Park has pulled through paved sites, laundromat, and bathhouse and is equipped with full hookups.
More like this:10 of the Best Military Campgrounds & RV Parks in the United States
Redstone Arsenal Museum
15. U.S. Space & Rocket Center1 Tranquility Base, Huntsville, AL 35805
Phone:1 (800) 637-7223 The U.S. Space & Rocket Center has fun and history that’s perfect for the entire family. The exhibits dive into the decades-long journey of space exploration and innovation that has led humans to discover what lies in the stars. There’s also plenty of hands-on exhibits for the kids to explore.
16. U.S. Veterans Memorial Museum2060 Airport Rd SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
Phone:1 (256) 883-3737 The U.S. Veterans Memorial Museum has military memorabilia, weapons, and vehicles that go all the way back to the American Revolution to the present day.
17. Huntsville Museum of Art300 Church St SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
Phone:1 (256) 535-4350 For a taste of fine culture, visit the Huntsville Museum of Art. There you will find centuries worth of paintings and other media from both national and international artists. If the kids are looking to get artistic, they also offer children’s classes.
ConclusionWhether you like to relax and fish the lazy afternoon away or enjoy exploring the history of space exploration at the Space and Rocket Center, we are sure that your posting at Redstone Arsenal will be surrounded by plenty of things to do. You will find your favorite spots, and be sure to talk to the locals for more great things to do around Redstone Arsenal.
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts