THE BEST CAMP LEJEUNE SCHOOLS: DAYCARE - HIGH SCHOOL
By Chris Walker
IntroductionYou’ve received your orders to Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, home of the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force and named for the Marine Corps’ 13th Commandant, John A. Lejeune. You know, the guy whose birthday message they read at the Marine Corps Ball every year. Before you make the move into the pine forests and lowlands of North Carolina, you’ll want to make sure your family is cared for. And that means researching the best Camp Lejeune schools and daycare both on and off base, public and private.
School Liaison OfficeThe first stop in your search should be the School Liaison Office. Choosing the right school for you and your family takes some work and if you need help, contact the Camp Lejeune School Liaison Officer here. The School Liaison Officers on Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River are available to help with all K-12 education issues for public, private, DoDEA, and homeschooled students for all branches of the military at any local installation. You can contact the School Liaison Office to discuss assistance with changing and finding schools in the area, transitions, deployments, moving tips, and school advice. You can also get resources for tutoring, scholarships, and SAT/ACT prep.
Schools in Camp Lejeune, NCThere are seven schools on Camp Lejeune including four primary and elementary schools, one intermediate school, one middle school, and one high school. Students must live on base to attend the Camp Lejeune schools. For enrollment in any grade, including kindergarten, the following documents must be presented:
- Official certified birth certificate
- Immunization Records
- Sponsor’s PCS Orders
- Family Housing Voucher
Daycare on Camp LejeuneIf you’re looking for childcare there are nine options to choose from. Camp Lejeune’s Child and Youth Program (CYP) offers childcare for infants and children 6 weeks to 12 years old with options for hourly to all day care. Resource and referral information can be found here.
Camp Lejeune School District2028 Bevin St Camp Lejeune, NC 28547 Phone: 1 (910) 451-2575 Schools on Camp Lejeune are part of the Camp Lejeune School District whose contact info is below.
Elementary Schools on Camp Lejeune
1. Johnson Primary School (Pre K- 2nd Grade)2027 Stone Street Camp Lejeune, NC 28547 Phone: 1 (910) 451-2431
2. Heroes Elementary School (K - 5)100 Barnett Way Camp Lejeune, NC 28547 Phone: 1 (910) 449-8000
3. Tarawa Terrace Elementary School (Pre K - 5)84 Iwo Jima Blvd Tarawa Terrace, NC 28543 Phone: 1 (910) 450-1635 Fax: 1 (910) 450-1637 DSN Phone: 1 (910) 751-2588 and 1 (910) 751-2580
4. DeLalio Elementary School (K-5)1500 Curtis Rd Jacksonville, NC 28540 Phone: 1 (910) 449-0601 Fax: 1 (910) 449-0677 DSN Phone: 1 (910) 750-0601
Intermediate Schools on Camp Lejeune
1. Bitz Intermediate School (Grade 3-5)2028 Bevin Street Camp Lejeune, NC 28547-2520 Phone: 1 (910) 451-2575 Fax: 1 (910) 451-1475
Middle Schools on Camp Lejeune
1. Brewster Middle School883 Stone Street Camp Lejeune, NC 28547-2520 Phone: 1 (910) 451-2561 Fax: 1 (910) 451-2600 DSN Phone: 1 (910) 751-2561
High Schools on Camp Lejeune
1. Lejeune High School835 Stone Street Camp Lejeune, NC 28547-2520 Phone: 1 (910) 451-2451
Schools Near Camp LejeuneFamilies living off base will need to enroll their children in off-base schools. There are many options to choose from in Onslow County, which encompasses Camp Lejeune. A quick FAQ guide can be found here.
Child Care Options Near Camp LejeuneChildcare options for off-base families can be found here for before and after school programs.
1. Onslow County School District200 Broadhurst Road Jacksonville, NC 28540 1 (910) 455-2211 The Onslow County School district encompasses thirty-nine schools including eight high schools, eight middle schools, one magnet school, and a learning center. Military families can find extra help here for transition resources and a full directory can be found here.
2. Pender County School District925 Penderlea HWY Burgaw, NC 28425 1 (910) 259-0133 This district is made up of eighteen schools including eight elementary schools, five middle schools, three high schools, a K-8 school, and an early college school. The school directory can be found here. A handy school report card on each school gives details and may help you decide which is right for your child.
3. Carteret County Public School System107 Safrit Drive Beaufort, NC 28516 1 (252) 728-4583 This coastal county includes eighteen schools, including seven elementary schools, six middle schools, and five high schools. It has a simple website with easy links to most information you will need.
4. Jones County Public Schools320 W. Jones St. Trenton, NC 28585 1 (252) 448-2531 This small county of mostly farmland is the 50th in size in NC and contains only four elementary schools and a single high school which can be viewed here.
5. Duplin County SchoolsPO Box 128 315 N Main St Kenansville, NC 28349 1 (910) 296-1521 Duplin County public schools consist of thirteen public schools including seven K-8 schools, one K-6, four high schools, and an early college school and a full directory can be found here. Their website offers military family resources.
Private Schools Near Camp LejeuneThere are fourteen private schools in Onslow County, just outside Camp Lejeune. The majority are Christian schools, plus one Montessori school and two special education schools.
1. Born Again Christian Academy(Baptist) K-10 1204 Nc Highway 210 Sneads Ferry, NC 28460 1 (910) 327-2331
2. Coastline Christian Academy(Baptist) PreK-12 2734 Commerce Road Jacksonville, NC 28546 1 (805) 967-5834
3. Fact Day Treatment Program(Special Education School, Methodist) 5-8 127 Center St Jacksonville, NC 28546 1 (910) 346-3744
4. Fellowship Christian Academy(Baptist) PK-12 7 East Dr Jacksonville, NC 28546 1 (910) 346-2222
5. Grace Baptist School(Baptist)K-12 114 Roosevelt Rd Jacksonville, NC 28540 1 (910) 455-5777
6. Infant Of Prague Catholic School(Roman Catholic)PK-8 501 Bordeaux St Jacksonville, NC 28540 1 (910) 455-0838
7. Jacksonville Christian Academy(Baptist) K-12 919 Gum Branch Rd Jacksonville, NC 28540 1 (910) 347-2358
8. Liberty Christian Academy(Christian) PK-12 215 Kingston Hwy Richlands, NC 28754 1 (910) 430-0741
9. Living Water Christian School(Christian) NS-12 3980 Gum Branch Rd Jacksonville, NC 28540 1 (910) 938-7011
10. Montessori Children's School(Montessori School) NS-8 714 Bates St Jacksonville, NC 28546 1 (910) 938-3826
11. St Anne’s Parish Day School(Episcopal) NS-2 711 Henderson Dr Jacksonville, NC 28540 1 (910) 347-0755
12. Salt and Light Academy(Alternative School, Christian) 3-12 5054 Hwy 24 Newport, NC 99999 1 (910) 367-2497
13. Shiloh Institute of Learning(Pentecostal) 1-4 130 Bell Fork Rd Jacksonville, NC 28546 1 (910) 347-4860
14. Village Academy(All girls Special Education) 6-12 192 Village Dr Jacksonville, NC 28546 1 (910) 577-1400
ConclusionMoving your family can be very stressful and ensuring the well-being of your children and their education is a big and important part of the process. There are many options in and around Camp Lejeune and this guide should help you narrow that search by putting a lot of information on one page. Hopefully, this will help you get settled faster so you can start exploring your new town!
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts