THE BEST FORT CAMPBELL SCHOOLS: DAYCARE - HIGH SCHOOL
By Chris Walker
IntroductionYou’ve received your orders to Fort Campbell, Kentucky, home of the world famous 101st Air Assault Division (formerly Airborne). Before you make the move into the beautiful hills and forests here, you’ll want to make sure your family is cared for. And that means researching the best Fort Campbell schools and daycare both on and off post, public and private.
Suggested Read:Fort Campbell Kentucky: In-Depth Welcome Center
Schools on Fort Campbell
Note:Schools on Fort Campbell are currently closed due to COVID-19. The schools on Fort Campbell are part of the Department of Defense Education Activity (DODEA). Information about the district and Superintendent can be found here. School registration and requirements can be found on the DODEA page here. There are six schools on Fort Campbell including four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. Here is a handy list of housing areas served by each school.
Elementary Schools on Fort Campbell
1. Andre Lucas Elementary, Pre-K-52115 Airborne St Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Phone: 1 (270) 431-1208
2. Barkley Elementary, Pre-K-5177 Gorgas Ave Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Phone: 1 (270) 640-1205
3. Barsanti Elementary, Pre-K-57409 McAuliffe Loop Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Phone: 1 (270) 640-1213
4. Marshall Elementary, Pre-K-570 Texas Ave Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Phone: 1 (270) 640-5127
Middle Schools on Fort Campbell
1. Mahaffey Middle School, 6-871 South Carolina Ave Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Phone: 1 (270) 640-5134
High Schools on Fort Campbell
1. Fort Campbell High School, 9-12912 Carentan Road Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Phone: 1 (270) 640-1219
Parent Central Services5384 Tennessee Ave Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. Phone: 1 (270) 798-2962 The first step in getting childcare is to register your child at Parent Central Services. You can walk in or schedule an appointment online or by calling 1 (270) 798-0674. Registering your child allows you to request child care or get your child involved in youth sports, after school programs, and instructional programs through Child and Youth Services (CYS). Once registered, you can request child care on their website. The Fort Campbell MWR WebTrac webpage has a list of youth sports and instructional programs.
Childcare on Fort CampbellThere are several Child Development Centers (CDC), an hourly care center, as well as two preschools. The CDCs provide full day child care for children 6 weeks to five years of age while the Preschool is designed for daily learning for children 3-5. Information and reservations for childcare can be found on the Child Youth Services Online Services page.
1. Watters CDC #13071 Bastogne Ave Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Phone: 1 (270) 412-6926
2. Watters CDC #23069 Bastogne Ave Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Phone: 1 (270) 798-7072
3. Eagles CDC205 Bastogne Ave Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Phone: 1 (270) 412-3304
4. Gardner Hills CDC7404 McAuliffe Loop Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Phone: 1 (270) 352-0392
5. Tennessee Hourly Care5382 Tennessee Ave Fort Campbell, KY 42223 Phone: 1 (270) 352-4477
Schools Near Fort CampbellAs Fort Campbell straddles the Kentucky-Tennessee border, there are six school districts (three in each state) from which parents can choose.
Kentucky School DistrictsSchool Liaison Officer to Ft Campbell, contacts for military parents, and a useful zoning tool to help you determine which school your child will attend.
Tennessee School Districtshere. here.
Child Care Options Near Fort CampbellOff-post families may still utilize on-post childcare as long as they are active duty. However, for off-post options here is a list of the top ten daycare options near the post according to Yelp.
Private Schools Near Fort CampbellWith Fort Campbell situated along the border of six counties in two states, there are dozens of private schools to choose from. Here is a list of the top 30 nearest the post.
ConclusionMoving your family can be very stressful and ensuring the well-being of your children and their education is a big and important part of the process. There are many options in and around Fort Campbell and this guide should help you narrow that search by putting a lot of information on one page. Hopefully, this will help you get settled faster so you can start exploring your new town!
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts