24 THINGS TO DO NEAR PATRICK AFB (NOW PATRICK SPACE FORCE BASE)
IntroductionIn order to get a little more acclimated to your new life at Patrick AFB (now Patrick Space Force Base), it’s important to find some fun things to do on and near the base. Below we have listed a variety of options for you, along with their contact information. Getting out and enjoying the area should not be a problem at Patrick Space Force Base since it’s located along Florida’s sunny coast and provides residents with plenty of beautiful weather. Explore these options and find what works best for you and your family. Don’t forget to ask friends and neighbors to tag along as you get to know the area. With so much sunshine year-round, Patrick Space Force Base offers residents plenty of things to do all year long within a short drive of the base. Check out the options below and see if anything jumps out at you. Know what you are looking for? Click the number(s) to go right to where you want to go: (1-3) Golf Courses (4-6) Museums (7) Bowling (8-9) Arcades and Games (10-12) Gyms (13-16) Beaches (17-21) Outdoor Recreation (22-23) Movie Theaters (24) Concert and Live Events Venues
Suggested Read:Patrick AFB Welcome Center (Now Patrick Space Force Base)
Patrick AFB (Now Space Force Base) Golf Course
1. Manatee Cove Golf Course861 Marina Rd. Patrick AFB, FL 32925
Phone:1 (321) 494-7856 Manatee Cove Golf Course is an 18 hole golf course that offers visitors golf lessons, a driving range, and even a waterside tiki bar.
2. Baytree National Golf Links8207 National Dr. Melbourne, FL 32940
Phone:1 (321) 259-9060 Baytree National Golf Links is an award winning, 18 hole golf course. After enjoying a round of golf, grab a bite to eat at The Grille at Baytree and enjoy their deli-style menu.
3. Duran Golf Club7032 Stadium Pkwy. Melbourne, FL 32940
Phone:1 (321) 504-7776 Duran Golf Club is a 30 acre golf course with lighting installed throughout, which allows golfers to continue playing into the evening.
4. Air Force Space and Missile Museum191 Museum Cir. Cape Canaveral, FL
Phone:1 (321) 853-9171 Air Force Space and Missile Museum first opened in 1966, and since then the museum has been collecting, restoring, and displaying historical pieces that were involved in the development of U.S. Space Force space launch activities.
5. Foosaner Art Museum1463 Highland Ave. Melbourne, FL 32935
Phone:1 (321) 674-8916 Foosaner Art Museum first opened its doors to the public in 1978 and since then has collected and curated almost 5,000 works of art spanning two millennia.
6. American Muscle Car Museum3500 Sarno Rd. Melbourne, FL 32934
Phone:1 (321) 914-4322 American Muscle Car Museum is perfect for any car enthusiast. This museum occupies a 123,000 square foot complex filled with more than 325 cars, some of which date all the way back to the 1950s.
Patrick AFB (Now Space Force Base) Bowling
7. The Alley - Patrick AFB832 O Malley Rd. #732 Patrick AFB, FL 32925
Phone:1 (321) 494-2958 The Alley - Patrick AFB is a great on-base option for those looking to hit a few pins without having to leave the comforts of Patrick AFB.
Arcades and Games
8. Game Over Retro Arcade & Bar2565 W New Haven Ave. West Melbourne, FL 32904
Phone:1 (833) 927-2233 Game Over Retro Arcade & Bar offers patrons a selection of retro arcade games and pinball machines while they enjoy some food and one of the bar’s craft beers.
9. Andretti Thrill Park3960 S Babcock St. Melbourne, FL 32901
Phone:1 (321) 956-6706 Andretti Thrill Park offers guests a wide selection of fun activities, including go-kart tracks, batting cages, amusement park rides, laser tag, miniature golf, a ropes course, a climbing wall, and an arcade.
Patrick AFB (Now Space Force Base) Gyms
10. Patrick AFB Gym & Fitness Center1235 Atlas Avenue Patrick AFB, FL 32925
Phone:1 (321) 494-4947 Patrick AFB Gym & Fitness Center is a great on-base option for anyone looking to break a sweat and stay in shape. The gym offers a gym with a lap pool, as well as group fitness classes, fitness consultations, and intramural sports.
11. Planet Fitness1024 Florida A1A Satellite Beach, FL 32937
Phone:1 (321) 425-3461 Planet Fitness strives to create an environment where anyone is welcome, regardless of one’s fitness level. Like most gyms, Planet Fitness offers an array of cardio machines, free weights, and various weight machines. Additionally, Planet Fitness allows “Black Card” members to bring a guest anytime, use of tanning machines, use of massage chairs, 50% off drink purchases, and 20% off purchases at reebok.com.
12. Anytime Fitness1270 N Wickham Rd. Melbourne, FL 32935 Phone: 1 (321) 242-0525 Anytime Fitness offers members access to the gym 24 hours a day. The gym boasts a wide variety of strength training machines, including cable machines, multi-stations, leg presses, bench presses, and squat racks. Additionally, you can expect to find plenty of treadmills, ellipticals, free weights, racks, kettlebells, cable crossovers, rowing machines, and a whole lot more.
Patrick AFB (Now Space Force Base) Beach
13. Hangars Beach745 S Atlantic Ave. Patrick Air Force Base, FL 32925 Hangars Beach is rated #1 on Yelp's list of top beaches in the area. If you are looking for a quiet spot to sunbathe or catch up on your favorite military book then this is the go-to for the beach.
14. Blockhouse BeachA1A Patrick Air Force Base, FL 32925 Blockhouse is another top-rated beach located right on base! Just like Hangars, it is a quiet spot to relax, surf, with an unspoiled view of sand and sea.
15. Coco Beach1033 S Atlantic Ave. Cocoa Beach, FL 32931 #2 on Yelp’s list for best beaches in the area, Coco Beach is located about 10-15 minutes away from the base. At the main causeway entrance you can find vendors selling coconuts (of course), food and drinks; public bathrooms; and live music. This beach is also dog friendly!
16. Beach HouseBuilding 236 259 Florida A1A Satellite Beach, FL 32937
Phone:(321) 494-4011 Beach House offers boat rentals, camping gear rentals, water sports rentals, and a whole lot more for those who are looking to enjoy the outdoors.
Patrick AFB (Now Space Force Base) Outdoor Recreation
17. 45th Force Support SquadronBuilding #345 Patrick Air Force Base, FL, 32925
Phone:1 (321) 494-2042 Patrick Space Force Base Outdoor Recreation Center will provide you with all the information you need on local hiking and fishing, as well as provide you with everything you need for your next party.
18. Manatee Cove Family CampgroundRescue Rd Patrick AFB, FL 32925
Phone:1 (321) 494-4787 Manatee Cove Family Campground is located along Banana River and offers visitors 156 full-service sites with 30/50 amp capability, 5 primitive camping sites, 2 laundry and show facilities, and 24-hour community center and private beach. More like this: 10 of the Best Military Campgrounds & RV Parks in the United States
19. South Patrick Community Park249 Sea Park Blvd. Satellite Beach, FL 32937
Phone:1 (321) 255-4400 South Patrick Community Park is more than 8 acres and includes a playground, a walking path, a restroom building, a pavilion, and a multi-purpose field.
20. Seagull Park285 Florida A1A Satellite Beach, FL 32937
Phone:1 (321) 255-4400 Seagull Park is a 1.6 acre beach park with two covered picnic areas and an outdoor shower. The park is also particularly popular for surfing and surf fishing.
21. Robert P. Murkshe Memorial Park198-100 S 16th St Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
Phone:1 (321) 868-3252 Robert P. Murkshe Memorial Park is a 2.5 acre beach park and is a local favorite for surf fishing and other beach activities. The park offers visitors a parking area and a paved walkway to and from the restrooms.
22. AMC Avenue 162241 Town Center Ave. Melbourne, FL 32940
Phone:1 (321) 775-1210 AMC Avenue 16 offers moviegoers RealD 3D and BigD screens, as well as a fully stocked concession stand and bar.
23. Cobb Theatres Merritt Square 16 & IMAX777 E Merritt Island Causeway Merritt Island, FL 32952
Phone:1 (321) 459-3737 Cobb Theatres Merritt Square 16 & IMAX boasts stadium seating, as well as IMAX and 3D movie options.
Melbourne Concert and Live Events Venues
24. Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts3865 N Wickham Rd Melbourne, FL 32935
Phone:1 (321) 242-2219 Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts is a six-story, 100,000 square foot facility that hosts a variety of live events, including concerts and comedy shows.
ConclusionWe hope this guide has helped to show that there is no shortage of fun activities in and around Patrick Space Force Base. The beautiful weather affords residents the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors most of the year, but there’s plenty to do indoors as well. We hope you’ll use this guide, grab some family or friends, and begin exploring your new home at Patrick Space Force Base.
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts