TRAVIS AFB HOUSING: 7 ON-BASE OPTIONS
By Sean Bess
IntroductionWelcome to Travis Air Force Base in Solano County, California! Now that you’ve received your orders and are making plans for the big move to your new home, you may be feeling a little overwhelmed about finding the right home in the right neighborhood. Looking for a home in a new area can come with a lot of stressors, and that is why we have put together the following guide. We hope that it gives you a better idea of what housing options expect on Travis AFB and provides you all of the information necessary so that you know exactly where you and your family will be settling in once you arrive. Suggested Read: Travis Air Force Base: In-Depth Welcome Center
Travis AFB BAHYou can click here if you would like to look up your Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) for other zip codes. This is a great tool to help you create a budget and guide you through your home search Also, to learn more about your military BAH rate, visit our in-depth guide here.
Travis AFB BarracksAt Travis AFB, unaccompanied housing is provided for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than three years of service. Each Airman will be provided with a private room for sleeping, some furnishings, bed linens, and any supplies necessary for comfortable living. However, unaccompanied Airmen in the rank of E-4 with greater than three years of service and above will move into housing in the local community. Travis AFB Unaccompanied Member Housing 694 A St. Bldg 1348 Travis AFB, CA 94535
Phone:1 (707) 424-2776, DSN 837-2776
Travis AFB Housing OfficeThe Military Housing Office will be happy to assist you prepare for your new adventure in the community of Travis AFB. The team is ready to help you familiarize yourself with the housing options and services available to you. When you first arrive at Travis AFB, you will need to visit the Military Housing Office and they will provide you with all of the necessary information and guidance you require before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing. Travis AFB Housing Office 351 Travis Ave. Travis AFB, CA 94535
Phone:1 (707) 424-1746
Travis AFB Housing OptionsMilitary family housing at Travis AFB is provided by Balfour Beatty Communities. There are seven neighborhoods on the base with single-family, town home and duplex-style homes. The seven communities offer a variety of features that will help you feel right at home, including on-site management and maintenance, a community center, curbside trash and recycling pickup, a dog park, lawn care services, picnic areas, playgrounds, recreational trails, resident activities and events, as well as a splash park. Many of the homes in these seven neighborhoods also include closets with ample storage, ceiling fans, central heating and air conditioning, energy-efficient appliances, exterior storage, fenced-in backyards, fully-equipped kitchen, garage, laundry room with utility sink, master suite, open floor plan, patio, washer and dryer connections, and more. Travis AFB does allow certain pets, but there is a limit of two pets per home. For more information about homes and amenities at Travis AFB, visit the Travis Family Homes website. Travis AFB Family Homes 351 Travis Ave. Bldg 660 Travis AFB, CA 94535
Phone:1 (707) 437-4571
1. Castle TerraceEligible ranks: E01, E02, E03, E04, E05, E06 This neighborhood is near Center Elementary School and Child Development Center 3. Castle Terrace offers a variety of 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom homes with 1.5-2.5 baths. The homes in Castle Terrace feature a fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar, closets with ample storage and a fenced-in backyard. Additionally, this neighborhood has its own playground and picnic area.
2. March LandingEligible ranks: E01, E02, E03, E04, E05, E06 The March Landing neighborhood features 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom homes with 1-2.5 baths. These homes boast a master suite, a garage and a patio. March Landing is close to Scandia Elementary School and offers a playground and picnic area within a short walking distance.
3. McClellan CorridorEligible ranks: E01, E02, E03, E04, E05, E06 McClellan Corridor has many outdoor amenities, including a dog park, walking trails and playgrounds. Homes in this neighborhood are available in 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom floor plans with 2-2.5 baths. These homes have an open floor plan and include a patio, a fenced-in yard and exterior storage space. Additionally, McClellan Corridor is near Child Development Center 3.
4. Moffett CourtEligible ranks: E09, O01, O02, O03 The Moffett Court neighborhood is in the same neighborhood as the Community Center. This means that residents of Moffett Court are only a short walking distance from the splash park, the playground, walking trails and picnic areas. This neighborhood offers 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom homes with 2-2.5 baths. The homes at Moffett Court include a garage, modern/open floor plan, master suite, patio and exterior storage.
5. Norton HeightsEligible ranks: O01, O02, O03, O04, O05, O06 Norton Heights offers residents 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom homes with 2-2.5 baths. The homes in this neighborhood feature a laundry room, an open floor plan, a fully-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar, and a master suite. Norton Heights is also walking distance to the community duck pond and walking trails.
6. Onizuka Flats NorthEligible ranks: E01, E02, E03, E04, E05, E06, E07, E08, E09 Onizuka Flats North is close to Scandia Elementary School, the Youth Activities Center and the Airman and Family Readiness Center. The homes are available with 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom floor plans with 2-2.5 baths. The homes in Onizuka Flats North also include a patio, an open floor plan and closets with ample storage space.
7. Onizuka Flats SouthEligible ranks: All ranks The neighborhood of Onizuka Flats South is near the AAFES Express, Child Development Centers 1 and 2, and the Airman and Family Readiness Center. These homes are available in 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom floor plans with 2-3 baths. Onizuka Flats South homes also feature a fully equipped kitchen, a master suite and a fenced-in backyard.
ConclusionMost people would agree that moving is often a difficult and tiring experience, but we hope that the information shared in this guide will help provide you with plenty of useful information and direction as you plan your move to your new posting at Travis AFB. We truly hope you enjoy your new adventure in Solano County in one of the seven great neighborhoods that Balfour Beatty Communities has to offer. Remember to always plan ahead and check availability based on rank and waiting lists through the Travis AFB Housing Office.
More like this:20 Of the Best Things to Do Around Travis AFB
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts