22 OF THE BEST MARINE CORPS BASE HAWAII (MCBH) RESTAURANTS
By Sarah Jaudon
IntroductionAloha! Welcome to Marine Corps Base Hawaii! This base is located on the beautiful island of Oahu nestled in the middle of the Hawaiian Islands. As you get settled into your new base, you will undoubtedly be wondering where you can enjoy a vibrant meal with friends, eat with the locals, or just grab a quick bite on your way home. Well, wonder no more! Read on to find the best restaurants and food on Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH) and the local places to eat in Kaneohe Bay. Know what you’re hungry for? Click the number(s) to go right to where you want to go: (1) MCBH Chow Hall Dining (2-16) Fast Casual Dining on MCBH (17-19) Yelp’s Top 3 Restaurants in Kaneohe Bay (20-22) TripAdvisor’s Top 3 Restaurants in Kaneohe Bay
Suggested Read:Marine Corps Base Hawaii: In-Depth Welcome Center
COVID-19 NoticeDue to the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic, many restaurants may be temporarily closed or operating under restricted hours. Many, if not all, of the ones listed here, are likely subject to such restrictions for the time being though new re-openings and closings occur all the time. Check individual websites provided in each section or call to find out each restaurant's current hours and dining situation.
Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH) Restaurants
MCBH Chow Hall DiningVerify MCBH chow hall hours of operation by visiting the website or calling the number below before arrival.
1. MCBH Anderson Chow HallSelden St. Kailua, HI 96734 Phone: 1 (808) 257-1312 The Mission of Anderson Hall is to provide our patrons with the highest quality, freshest, nutritionally balanced menu choices, in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism, camaraderie, and esprit de corps.
MCBH Fast Casual DiningFor more information call the numbers listed below or click here for more information.
2. Kahuna’s Sports Bar & GrillBldg. 1629 Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 254-7660 Kahuna’s Sports Bar & Grill is open to all E5 and below. It’s a sports lover’s dream and the place to be seen. Get the gang together for pool, darts, dancing and relaxing. Boasting a Hawaiian look and feel, Marines, Sailors and guests can get away from it all at Kahuna’s.
3. The Officer’s Club502 Reed Rd. Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 254-7650 The Officers’ Club at Kaneohe Bay, supports the proud tradition and heritage of the Marine Corps way of life. Today, various dining programs are offered to military ranks E6 and above, as well as a separate bar for Officers. On Wednesdays, the dining room is open to all hands.
4. Sam Adams Sports Grill3088 Manning St. Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 254-5592 Located at the Kaneohe Klipper Golf Center, the Samuel Adams Burger & Brewhouse features a 180˚ panorama of the golf course. Even if you do not play the sport, anyone can appreciate the serene, resort-like beauty of the surrounding area.
5. Strikers Grill & TapKBay Bowling Lanes 1666 5th St. Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 254-7663 Strikers Grill & Tap, located at K-Bay Lanes, is the perfect place to unwind before or after a game of bowling. The menu includes a wide array of American classics and local favorites. We serve Texas toast grilled sandwiches; burgers & hot dogs; nachos, fries and other appetizers; classic American and local plates; and draft & bottle beer.
6. Flying Leatherneck InnMCAS Operations Complex Bldg. 6823 Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 254-5828 A fast-casual dining facility by the MCAS flight line, featuring an indoor seating area and covered lanai with outdoor seating. The menu offers breakfast favorites, grilled foods, sandwiches, and salads. Also serving Samuel Adams.
Coffee and Tea
7. InfiniteaMCX Marine Mart 118 Selden St. Bldg. 6919 Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (910) 449-6409 Infinitea serves a wide variety of tasty and refreshing authentic pearl milk tea drinks for all you fanatics out there. Guaranteed made from 100% freshly brewed loose-leaf teas of high quality for an overall healthier lifestyle. We also serve variety of coffees, frappes, fruit teas and more
8. Starbucks6477 Mokapu Mall Bldg. 117 Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 254-7475 Starbucks is a Seattle-based coffeehouse famous for its signature roasts, light bites and WiFi availability.
9. Lava Java Coffee Cart1196 5th St. Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 695-3569 The Lava Java Coffee Cart located outside the base theater, provides various beverages and options for a quick bite to-go. Lava Java’s breakfast menu features breakfast burritos, bagels, fresh-baked muffins and acai bowls.
10. L&L Hawaiian Grill1255 5th St. Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 744-4238 The delicious treat from the islands that locals and visitors to Hawaii have known for years is derived from the Hawaiian plate lunch – the comfort food of the islands. Check the menu and visit today!
11. Ninja Sushi1578 Harris Ave Kailua, HI 96734 Phone: 1 (808) 254-9790 Ninja Sushi is a counter-service Japanese food offering sushi, udon, donburi & bento in a casual setting.
12. McDonalds, MCBH6691 Mokapu Rd. Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 254-4053 McDonalds Hawaii is your favorite fast-food chain restaurant with menu items only found in Hawaii. There are breakfast platters loaded with Spam and Portuguese sausage, a dessert menu with hot haupia (coconut pudding) and taro pies, fried apple pies, just to name a few.
13. MCBH Papa John’sSelden St. Bldg. 1090 Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 254-4005 Call Papa John’s Pizza for delivery or stop by Selden Street for carryout to order your favorite pizza, breadsticks, or wings today!
14. Panda Express118 Selden St. Bldg 6919 Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 286-9460 Panda Express offers American Chinese cuisine with delicious flavors and fresh ingredients. Take-out and drive-thru available.
15. SubwayMokapu Mall Food Court Cushman Ave Bldg. 6477 Kailua, HI 96734
Phone:1 (808) 254-1688 Subway is a casual counter-service for build-your-own sandwiches and salads, with health-conscious options. 16. Taco Bell 6109 Mokapu Rd Bldg. 6109 Kailua, HI 96734 Phone: 1 (808) 254-7090 If you're looking for Mexican inspired food or fast food close to the Kailua area, Taco Bell is nearby! So come inside or visit our drive-thru at this Kailua Taco Bell location.
Restaurants Near Kaneohe Bay
Yelp’s Top 3 Kaneohe Bay Restaurants
17. Haleiwa Joe’s Seafood Grill46-336 Haiku Rd. Haiku Gardens Kaneohe, HI 96744
Phone:1 (808) 247-6671 Featuring fresh catches, locally grown produce, and quality steaks, Haleiwa Joe’s chefs create exciting meals that highlight seasonal treasures from the Pacific Rim.
18. Adela’s Country Eatery45-1151 Kamehameha Hwy. Kaneohe, HI 96744 Phone: 1 (808) 204-9573 Bringing the art of delicious home cooking into our community, one mouthwatering plate at a time. Adela’s Country Eatery takes the finest, locally-grown produce to craft a wide variety of favorite local dishes as well as a few house-baked surprises.
19. Yummy Huli Huli Chicken49-132 Kamehameha Hwy. Kaneohe, HI 96744
Phone:1 (808) 239-4800 Huli Huli Chicken is deeply marinated and cooked daily! It is slowly roasted on a rotisserie with Hawaiian Kiawe Wood. This place is a staple of the islands, don’t miss this delicious local hot
TripAdvisor’s Top 3 Kaneohe Bay Restaurants
20. Kaneohe Pancake House46-126 Kahuhipa St. Kaneohe, HI 96744
Phone:1 (808) 235-5772 The Kaneohe Pancake House is open 7 days a week serving breakfast, brunch, and lunch. Family owned and operated since 1988, visit for dine in or take out today.
21. Pah Ke's Chinese Restaurant46-018 Kamehameha Hwy. Kaneohe, HI 96744 Phone: 1 (808) 235-4505 Pah Ke’s Chinese Restaurant has a fresh approach to cooking, using local foods to create a savory blend of Chinese and Hawaiian foods.
22. Kin Wah Chop Suey45-588 Kamehameha Hwy. Kaneohe, HI 96744
Phone:1 (808) 247-4812 Kin Wah Chop Suey is a full-service restaurant that offers a variety of soups, lunch, and dinner items. Its menu includes a range of chicken items, beef selections and seafood dishes.
ConclusionHungry for more? Check out Go Hawaii for restaurant options on Oahu and delicious local restaurants near MCBH. As you adapt to your new life in this tropical paradise you will be pleasantly surprised at how quickly you will settle into a new routine and find the MCBH restaurants and places to eat in Kaneohe that will soon feel like home.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts