By MyBaseGuide Staff Member

The Housing Service Center (HSC) has a dedicated and trained professional prepared to help you with all of your housing needs.The HSC will help you find the right permanent housing accommodations at your time of arrival to the new installation and help you start your search for that new home at the time of departure of NSA Philadelphia that will help you to relocate to your next PCS location.

Important Information

Must know information

Community Housing

  • Housing Service Center Hours:

0800 - 1630 Monday - Friday

  • Emergency Contacts:

Region Hotline: (215) 437-9455
Philadelphis Police: 911

  • Directions to the Housing Service Center:

Address: 700 Robbins Avenue, Bldg. 109, Philadelphia, PA 19111

From the main Gate (Robbins Ave.), go straight and proceed four (4) stop signs to the end of the road. The Housing Service Center, will be on your left.

Housing Departure and Arrival Services

Navy Housing Service Center (HCS) will support you during your PCS process and in addition HCS offers different services, whether you and your family are newly arriving or departing. Customers receive an array of housing assistance to simplify your move.

Services include the following:

  • Permanent Change of Station (PCS) housing check-in.
  • Rental Partnership Program assistance for community housing at reduced rent.
  • Extensive available property list from various combined military and civilian resources.
  • Lease and purchase agreement counseling.
  • Counseling for special needs.
  • Telephones, photocopy, and facsimile machines are available without charge.
  • Library containing departure housing information to help members and their families plan for a new duty station.
  • Other Housing Services:
    • Landlord/Tenant dispute resolution
    • Real Estate Listing Services
    • Lease/Contract review
    • Assistance Programs (RPP, Deposit Waivers, SCRA, HAP, etc)

Community Rental Information

Congratulations on your new assignment to NSA Philadelphia!

The Navy Housing Service Center (HSC) will help you find off-base private sector rental housing in a community suitable and affordable within your BAH. At Naval Support Activity Philadelphia HSC has a wide community housing network available to find your new home so we are ready to work with you and your family.

The HSC maintains the private sector rental housing information and we have direct access toa varietyrental listings. A representative sustains a range of rental listings which includes styles of homes, square footage, and prices in the area.

Come to the HSC office to view rental listings in the area.

Rental Partnership Programs

The Naval Support Activity, Philadelphia, Rental Partnership Program (RPP) was a 1999 recipient of the Secretary of Defense Team Excellence Award and won the 1996 Reinvention Tool Kit Award for outstanding effort to create "Common Sense Government" that works better and cost less. The RPP is another housing option available to military members, single or married. The following are details for this exceptional program.

Who is Eligible?

All DoD military personnel and U.S. Coast Guard personnel with at least one year remaining on active duty in thePhiladelphia area.

How do you receive verification of eligibility for the program?

Member must report to the Housing Service Center (HSC) and upon meeting program criteria, a Verification of Eligibility statement will be issued. Sponsor’s designee with A General Power-of-Attorney or Special Power of Attorney is authorized. A Special Power of Attorney must specifically state the authority to Establish, Change or Stop Allotments. The Verification of Eligibility must be provided to the participating property of your choice.

What is required to meet program criteria?

  • You must report to the HSC for counseling on the program. Bring PCS orders, current LES and ID card.
  • Single E1-E5s, without dependents, must provide an authorization CHIT to live off base that is signed by an E7 or above with rank/rate clearly stated.

Marine, Army and Air Force members at aNSAPhiladelphiacommand with at least 12 months or more must provide a letter on command letterhead identifying the length of the member's tour at that command. This letter must be signed by an E7 or above with rank/rate clearly stated.

RPP Process

The following process will allow some applicants to start the RPP process without first reporting to the Housing Service Center (HSC).


  • Applicant completes RPP Application Package which includes the Fax Cover Sheet, RPP Application, Statement of Understanding and Request for Customized RPP Listings.
  • PCS Orders
  • Current LES
  • Rental Reference or Statement on letterhead from current or past RPP landlord identifying that member has provided a vacate notice and left with a zero balance or has a zero balance as of the date of the letter.
  • Ranks USMC/USA/USAF: Members who have been at theirNSAPhiladelphiacommand 12 months or more, must provide a statement on command letterhead, signed by an E7 or above, stating your tour length at your current command.

Upon receipt of all appropriate paperwork, and if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements, a Verification of Eligibility will be faxed to you along with a customized printout of RPP listings (if requested).

Once you have selected a landlord, you will provide the landlord with your Verification of Eligibility

Upon acceptance of your application by the landlord, the landlord will provide you with a Letter of Intent.You will take the Letter of Intent to the Housing Service Center to process the allotment form. At this time, you will be required to sign all documents.You will start your allotment through your MyPay account before the 2nd full month.

You will give a Xerox copy of the Payee’s Copy to the landlord to get a key to move in or the landlord may terminate your RPP privilege. If you cannot provide the landlord with a signed Payee copy at the time of move-in, you must negotiate with the landlord for an alternate method. Example: Offer to sign a statement – member to provide the landlord, within three working days or the landlord will terminate RPP and convert the lease to a conventional lease. Member will be responsible to reimburse the landlord all waived or discounted rents/fees.

Helpful Tips

  • Be advised that renting a unit without first inspecting the unit and the surrounding area could result in dissatisfaction that you may not be able to reverse until the end of your lease term.
  • Please do not start this process unless you have money for prorata move-in rent/possible a security deposit up to one month’s rent and first full month’s rent. These costs must be paid by certified funds until your allotment starts. Your allotment will not start until the rent day of the second full month. Money is collected in advance of payment. Money is taken from your paycheck on the 15th and 1st to pay rent for the first.
  • The landlord has the right to collect a $100 reservation fee.




Get the latest news and military discounts