THE BEST FORT MEADE SCHOOLS: DAYCARE - HIGH SCHOOL
IntroductionMoving to a new post has many challenges and you may feel overwhelmed when it comes to school choices. The good thing is Fort Meade has a lot of options. Talk to your Fort Meade School Liaison Officer for help in choosing the right school for your child. It’s very important to plan ahead and consider the following prior to focusing your search among the public, charter, magnet, and private schools available.
- What are your child’s specific learning needs (this could include subject material and level of academic difficulty)?
- What learning style is best for your child? Big classes and more social diversity or smaller focused classes with teachers?
- What are the non-academic offerings such as arts and afterschool sports programs, etc.?
- What are the practical needs for you and your family? Other children’s schools, spouses’ schedules, etc? Many public schools offer public transportation, so be sure to ask about it!
Suggested Read: Fort Meade Maryland: In-Depth Welcome Center
COVID-19 NoticeDue to the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic, many schools and other services may be temporarily altered or unavailable. Check individual websites for current statuses and health procedures.
Fort Meade SchoolsFort Meade on post schools are located in the Anne Arundel County Public School system. There are 5 Pre-K / elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 1 high school located on post. The best thing to do is do your research early and begin the enrollment process as soon as possible. For more details, see the official Fort Meade schools site here.
- Enrollment requirements for public schools in Maryland
- Birth Certificate
- Current Shot Record
- Social Security Number
- Copy of the student’s physical exam
- Two Proofs of Parent/Custodian residence (lease, mortgage, utility bill etc. with addresses)
- Custody or guardian papers filed through the court (if applicable)
Fort Meade Elementary Schools
1. Meade Heights Elementary School, PreK-51925 Reece Rd. Fort George G. Meade, MD 20755 1 (410) 222-6509
2. Pershing Hill Elementary School, 1-57600 29th Division Rd. Fort George G. Meade, MD 20755 1 (410) 222-6519
3. Manor View Elementary School, K-52900 MacArthur Rd. Fort George G. Meade, MD 20755 1 (410) 222-0654
Fort Meade Middle Schools
1. MacArthur Middle School, 6-83500 Rockenbach Rd. Fort George G. Meade, MD 20755 1 (410) 674-0032
2. Meade Middle School, 6-81103 26th Street Fort George G. Meade, MD 20755 1 (410) 674-2355
Fort Meade High Schools
7. Meade Senior High School, 9-121100 Clark Rd. Fort George G. Meade, MD 20755 1 (410) 674-7710
Childcare on Fort Meade1. West Meade Early Education Center 7700 Ray St. Fort George G. Meade, MD 1 (410) 222-6545
Schools Near Fort MeadeDepending on where you live off post, soldiers and their families can send their children to public schools (with several magnet schools) in Anne Arundel County Public Schools (listed above), Howard County and Prince George's County.
Elementary Schools Near Fort Meade
1. Jessup Elementary, Pre-K-ECI
District: Anne Arundel County 2900 Elementary School Lane Jessup, MD 20794 1 (410) 222-6490
2. Maryland City Elementary, PreK-5
District: Anne Arundel County 3359 Crumpton South Laurel, MD 20724 1 (301) 725-4256
3. Van Bokkelen Elementary, PreK-5
District: Anne Arundel County 1140 Reece Rd. Severn, MD 21144 1 (410) 222-6535
4. Seven Oaks Elementary, PreK-5
District: Anne Arundel County 1905 Town Center Blvd. Odenton, MD 21113 1 (410) 222-0937
5. Shipley’s Choice, K-5
District: Anne Arundel County 310 Governor Stone Parkway Millersville, MD 21108 1 (410) 222-3851
6. Waverly Elementary, PreK-5
District: Howard County 10220 Wetherburn Road Ellicott City, MD 21042 1 (410) 313-2819
Middle Schools Near Fort Meade
1. Severn River Middle, 6-8
District: Anne Arundel County 241 Peninsula Farm Road Arnold, MD 21012 1 (410) 544-0922
2. Burleigh Manor Middle, 6-8
District: Howard County 4200 Centennial Lane Ellicott City, MD 21042 1 (410) 313-2507
High Schools Near Fort Meade
1. Severna Park High School, 9-12
District: Anne Arundel County 60 Robinson Road Severna Park, MD 21146 1 (410) 544-0900
2. Marriotts Ridge High, 9-12
District: Howard County 2100 Woodford Drive Marriottsville, MD 21104 1 (410) 313-5568
3. Eleanor Roosevelt High School, 9-12
District: Prince George’s County 7601 Hanover Pkwy Greenbelt, MD 20770 1 (301) 513-5400
Charter Schools Near Fort Mead
District: Prince George’s County 6151 Chevy Chase Drivel, MD 20707 1 (240) 573-7240
2. Robert Goddard Montessori School, K-8
District: Prince George’s County Grades: Middle School Address: 9850 Good Luck Road Seabrook, MD 20706 Phone: 1 (301) 918-3515
ConclusionWhen choosing schools, you have many options to include public and private schools, homeschooling, charter schools, and special education programs. Also, look into after school programs for your child such as Girl and Boy Scouts of America. While schools and communities grapple with the challenges of education during a pandemic, there are resources to supplement learning in non-traditional ways such as Tutor.com for U.S. Military Families and Khan Academy. Explore all options to determine the best choice for your childrens’ education. It’s not a one size fits all!
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Get the latest news and military discounts